[Vote Menu] Scramble Teams

N3tRunn3r

• Totem Arts Staff
54 minutes ago, Handepsilon said:

I'm quite certain that it's mid-game. There's no point on vote shuffling that happens at the end of the game since it's gonna be shuffled anyways

depends on server settings but yea ;o. imo a midgame shuffle would be super not great

not a fan of this becomming a new ingame vote with current vote system

unless the vote could be reworked to include all players then why not

with all i mean everything that doesnt vote yes will automaticely be voting no on inportant votes like kicking someone because of afk is just not in there and acts like it does now

a poll to surrender/change map on the other hand would work with this system in place. 

this also would resolve the dam cheese with votes sometimes not popping up litterly have had experiences where a surrender vote was getting polled/new map with it not showing up on my screen just out of nowhere with couple of others players also being pissy about this that it just popped up out of nowhere with these votes. 

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, slashes said:

this also would resolve the dam cheese with votes sometimes not popping up litterly have had experiences where a surrender vote was getting polled/new map with it not showing up on my screen just out of nowhere with couple of others players also being pissy about this that it just popped up out of nowhere with these votes. 

I'm.... very certain votes will always pop up on the player's screen. I've never had reports of people not being able to see votes at all, only that people seems to miss the vote prompt. Are you sure they really didn't pop up at all?

Mid-game would be terrible, it'd turn into open-season for stealing vehicles/accumulating VP. 

If the vote goes unnoticed like they sometimes can it only benefits those who started it, maybe, it could go horribly wrong too. 

Even if it requires every player to vote yes [which it should] there's still that chance people go 'ALL CAPS' angry at anybody who doesn't hit F1.

>Minding own business, SBH, ready to beacon

>>Gets reshuffled onto the other team

>>>Now all my teams' vehicles outside the enemy base were from my team and only two people at the front weren't shuffled

>>>>We lose to our own vehicles

Player stacking happens on all games, it just happens. Typically you just avoid repeating the same thing that got you killed until you wisen up so you're more challenging to whoever you deem as an OP player. If you know your team is going to lose, try attempting new things that you wouldn't normally try because it could cost you the game when the victory does not seem in favour of your opponent. 

That sniper might be terrible at short-range combat.

That tank may only be good at evading your shots because they're focused on you, but not your allies shots.

You might die trying but better to try and hamper the enemy because it may give somebody else on your team the opportunity to take advantage of 'you' being a distraction. 

Badgering for a "reshuffle" vote is pointless, it can only work in the pre-game countdown as a server-setting "Would you like the teams to be reshuffled?" 

But, as mentioned already, a reshuffle [depending on how it reshuffles] can only do so much anyway. [Plus imagine playing GDI 5 games in a row and when you finally get to be Nod you're reshuffled back onto GDI, that'd suck.]

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 180 seconds timer before we are able to donate to teamplayers. So, what about the team scrambling vote process, which will be allowed just within "first" 180 seconds of gameplay?

Veteran players and those who play everyday as well as those who know each other should know and see (scoreboard and player list), when teams are unbalanced on a new match/map. And by a majority of minimum 67% ~ 75% of voters... should be safe to work...

Edited by N3tRunn3r

I don't mind mods reshuffling teams. If this were to be a vote mechanic though, it would kill the server. 
There's also all this other stuff to factor in, like vehicles and placed mines.

There's also some credence to just play the cards you are dealt. Plenty of ways to pull a team together and turn the table. Happened in plenty of games. 

Honest question though: what makes a game stacked? Other than a group of people teaming up in vc on a public match, I wouldn't know. That sort of gives an unfair advantage. 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, Handepsilon said:

I'm.... very certain votes will always pop up on the player's screen. I've never had reports of people not being able to see votes at all, only that people seems to miss the vote prompt. Are you sure they really didn't pop up at all?

i am 100% sure the vote dident show up hasent even been the first time eather.

when i had some game nights of like 8-12 hours in the weekends noticed it triggering alot more. dident help that during these weekend that i noticed the game over poll/change map poll player playing aswell. pretty much 1 player in the community that always polls surrender/change map whenever a map he doesnt like comes up thats alot of maps kinda ruins audio bug aswell with less people rejoining...

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:05 PM, Atomsk said:

I don't mind mods reshuffling teams. If this were to be a vote mechanic though, it would kill the server. 

There's also some credence to just play the cards you are dealt. Plenty of ways to pull a team together and turn the table. Happened in plenty of games. 

Honest question though: what makes a game stacked? Other than a group of people teaming up in vc on a public match, I wouldn't know. That sort of gives an unfair advantage. 

It depends on what your definition of "Stacking" is really. Some people say that playing together on voice chat is stacking, others say having good players on one team is stacking. The line is kinda vague, but nowadays it generally means if good players are all randomly put on one team, that team is "stacked". 

stop blaming us vc guys for stacking we mostly mess around and have fun reee

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2021 at 2:17 AM, bred said:

It depends on what your definition of "Stacking" is really. Some people say that playing together on voice chat is stacking, others say having good players on one team is stacking. The line is kinda vague, but nowadays it generally means if good players are all randomly put on one team, that team is "stacked". 

stop blaming us vc guys for stacking we mostly mess around and have fun reee

With RenX having a few hundred (I think?) active players, it's unavoidable that seasoned players are grouped up. I hate seeing complaints that aren't clarified. If people find the other team stacked, what do they want then? Who needs to switch to balance things out?

I'll just continue doing what I've been doing since I've seen people complain about unbalanced games: Ignore and it and play the damn game :D

No issue with voice chat, btw :) I'm too old for it, so I'll just spam all your asses in chat :D

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 10:35 AM, Atomsk said:

The moment 2 or more players are in a voice channel and on the same team you could argue the start of stacking, simply because the communication exists and enables a quicker reaction against their opposing team. [Personally, this just makes the game more enjoyable regardless]

But even with just 2 players, if one is out in combat and the other safe, the safe one can then relay in text to their whole team which improves that teams' reaction time. <-- But this isn't necessarily stacking, just an alternative way to enjoy playing Renegade-X.

An actual stack would be 5+ veteran players sharing a VC and always ensuring they're on the same team, especially if they're negating the games' reshuffle attempts per match. [Taking advantage of players who specifically want to be either Nod/GDI] Depending on each of those veterans' ability and what they play as they can change the fate of any game if nobody catches on.

I typically prefer to join the losing or disadvantaged team, I enjoy the challenge of gaining that sweet, sweet victory against possible stackers for the team I'm on and myself. I would encourage players to use the RenX discord voice channels more, even if you have no mic and can listen it can greatly improve the way each match plays, preferably if nobody prefers to be 'stacked' with certain other players and each player lives by the reshuffle. 

I wouldn't mind a temporary server setting that doesn't swap the teams over ever

Edit: Public games will have, on occasion, imbalanced teams regardless of interference from any of the player's themselves. Sometimes your team loses the match, but they'll typically be able to learn something new.

Edited by Madkill40