Questions for the vets

Atomsk

There are a few things that remain forever elusive to me, I try to get them down, but I'm not really successful at them. If you can share your own experience, I would be eternally grateful. My reps and donates are belong to you :D

- Mendoza: I suck at doza. When someone like ef- comes after me, he can seemingly evaporate my healthbar in seconds. What do I do wrong? Do I aim at center mass or go for headshot? I'm specifically wondering about the primary fire on the tiberium rifle, secondary fire works great in tight spaces considering its splash damage. 

- MRLS: Is it my settings, or has the "lock turret" function disappeared? Locking target also never really works for me, whereas others seem to be able to track my tank even after moving away a considerable distance, out of sight. 

- Mobius: I'm guessing that I just need to keep my crosshair on the hitbox and just blast away. Again, do I go for center mass or headshot? 

- EMP grenades on buffs: Do all commander buffs negate emp-grenades, or just the defensive one? 

- Repping infantry: Placing crosshair on an infantry's head increases repair rate, it seems to me, but I rarely see people do this (when you have the chance and your target is standing still). Am I mistaken? Perhaps I just like blasting my blue sparkly repair goo on people's faces, idunno, but it seems to help.

- Orca's/Apache's: Unless I'm directly over a target, my missiles often miss. I find it difficult to trail the crosshair on a moving target, despite missile lock, based on the distance and the speed of the projectiles. Apache's seem a bit easier (to me) to handle in this regard. I do prefer Orca's, as they're a little more inconspicuous in size and handle a lot better. 

- Raveshaw: Does Rave's laserbeam pass through vehicles (considering the distance, of course).

- When hitting a target, the crosshair colors are a mystery to me. My current idea is:
White lines indicate splash damage
Red lines indicate direct damage
Red and yellow lines indicate headshot 
Green lines indicate... idunno, friendly fire on a empty, friendly vehicle? 

I'd ask about sniping but I've always been terrible at sniping and I don't have the patience for it, but tips are much appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Atomsk said:

- EMP grenades on buffs: Do all commander buffs negate emp-grenades, or just the defensive one? 

Only defensive.

1 hour ago, Atomsk said:

- MRLS: Is it my settings, or has the "lock turret" function disappeared? Locking target also never really works for me, whereas others seem to be able to track my tank even after moving away a considerable distance, out of sight. 

Locking turret was removed for quite some time now due to heavy backlash(breaking too many maps).

1 hour ago, Atomsk said:

- Raveshaw: Does Rave's laserbeam pass through vehicles (considering the distance, of course).

PIC(Personal Ion Cannon) and Railgun have innate penetration of 5, 4 is needed to shoot through tank, so they can hit through 1 tank and hit another one behind.

1 hour ago, Atomsk said:

- Repping infantry: Placing crosshair on an infantry's head increases repair rate, it seems to me, but I rarely see people do this (when you have the chance and your target is standing still). Am I mistaken? Perhaps I just like blasting my blue sparkly repair goo on people's faces, idunno, but it seems to help.

Due to how it was coded it ignores Headshot multiplier, so you can't make it heal more.

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
On 5/16/2021 at 5:41 AM, Atomsk said:

- Mendoza: I suck at doza. When someone like ef- comes after me, he can seemingly evaporate my healthbar in seconds. What do I do wrong? Do I aim at center mass or go for headshot? I'm specifically wondering about the primary fire on the tiberium rifle, secondary fire works great in tight spaces considering its splash damage. 

Consistent hits matters the most, of course. Try to find a comfortable sensitivity that lets you track smoothly but can allow for closer, faster tracking if required is my best advice. You don't want your aim to be twitchy or too sensitive in RenX, characters usually have smoothish, predictable movements, depending on who you're going against. If you can aim around the neck or chest area, Doza has higher hs dmg than mobius, and if you can land consistent hits with at least a few HS in there, you can surely take down a Mobi. Play your strength, doza has a pretty good movespeed. Try to sprint while aiming, dodging between bursts of fire. Dozas ammo is relatively limited, so if you're not hitting many shots and you cant finish in oneclip, try to save some sprint for reloading, and dodge while reloading.

Mobius: I'm guessing that I just need to keep my crosshair on the hitbox and just blast away. Again, do I go for center mass or headshot? 

He has good burn dmg, consistent dmg and decent hs dmg. He has higher armour, but slower movespeed than a doza. Mobi and Doza are both hitscan, but mobi has higher clip size, however they do less dmg per shot, but it allows more room for error, i believe. If you can just land consistent shots, you should be able to take down most players, at least ones that cant rip you with headshots.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, Gex_str said:

PIC(Personal Ion Cannon) and Railgun have innate penetration of 5, 4 is needed to shoot through tank, so they can hit through 1 tank and hit another one behind.

from what i can see, vehicles consume 3 piercing power per shot, not 4.

- When hitting a target, the crosshair colors are a mystery to me. My current idea is:
White lines indicate splash damage
Red lines indicate direct damage
Red and yellow lines indicate headshot 
Green lines indicate... idunno, friendly fire on a empty, friendly vehicle? 

crosshair colour is different to the hitmarker colour.

when you aim at something, green is friendly, red is enemy, yellow means reloading or out of ammo.

hitmarker white means you did dmg, red means it was a headshot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 7:58 AM, NodSaibot said:

Try to find a comfortable sensitivity that lets you track smoothly but can allow for closer, faster tracking if required is my best advice.

What is your mouse sensitivity? If it wouldn't work for many players, knowing what doesn't work could still be valuable information to players finding their own mouse sensitivity sweet spot.

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, Bam Ham City said:

What is your mouse sensitivity? If it wouldn't work for many players, knowing what doesn't work could still be valuable information to players finding their own mouse sensitivity sweet spot.

800 dpi on my mouse and around 5-8 sens ingame

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 4:19 AM, Bam Ham City said:

I'm at 1200, I use to play at 800 but didn't like it. I am a twitchy player and I like it :D 

For the orca/apache, I'm trying to track better ahead, that seems to help. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:50 PM, Atomsk said:

I'm at 1200, I use to play at 800 but didn't like it. I am a twitchy player and I like it :D 

For the orca/apache, I'm trying to track better ahead, that seems to help. 

think holding ctrl after lock-on keeps you locked on a target and prevents you from switching in an orca/apache

• 3 weeks later...