Tutorials about game basics

Xtractor

• Xtractor changed the title to Tutorial about game basics
  • Xtractor changed the title to Tutorials about game basics

I really like that video.   Yeah it is a bit twitchy and fast, but it does a GREAT job of laying out the information.

Thanks for sharing it.

I checked out the YouTube videos by Bluedrake42 and I gotta say it was great to hear someone speak about this game with the enthusiasm I feel for it.      Awesome.   I thought he nailed it ALL right on the Head.   Including:

A project you need to be following.

Looks like a $50. game

This is the future of Gaming. 

A piece of technology that could change a lot about the game development industry.

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, demonstration videos of advanced tactics and knowledge is the most useful thing to show new players by far. For I'm new myself, yet I feel there are so many topics to keep in the back of your mind, topics which also change depending on your current map part location, and topics which also end up being the tipping point between winning and losing, that I believe "Advanced Tactics" in this game are truly Basic Essentials every player ought to know. It never occurs to me GDI can sneak, for example. My new player logic says "GDI = No stealth units = No sneaking without spy crates." But, though some luck was involved, the above video fully demonstrates the opposite. Or what to do with air vehicles, because they die so fast to so many things.

A second, two part example is first, the effects of more veterancy vs. less veterancy, and the effects of crate farming second. Because I remember a game where one speedy Mendoza more or less singlehandedly locked down infantry tunnels for the rest of the match due to having Tier 4 veterancy, from what I partly assume was lucky crate farming, vs. everyone else's Tier 2 veterancy.

Team vehicle compositions and identifying what class/vehicle to bring to a baselock is a third, but by no means final example. I've seen many times where Nod tries to baselock on GDI's front door with Artillery and many repairs, only to suffer a prompt smashing from GDI's more powerful vehicles and the Artillery's weak armor. It wasn't a matter of Nod not having enough money for other vehicles either, because I like to watch team credit counts for donation purposes.

For my own recommendation to new players, begin learning the game by exclusively playing Advanced Engineer for supporting vehicles in field. Offensive repairing is a fantastic way to climb into your team's top 5 players, in addition to easy veterancy points that very commonly build to Tier 3 veterancy that you can then use on a rushing class when the Commander calls for a rush. So far I like this playstyle so much I want to stay with it for the foreseeable future.

• Like 5

On 5/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, Bam Ham City said:

For my own recommendation to new players, begin learning the game by exclusively playing Advanced Engineer for supporting vehicles in field. Offensive repairing is a fantastic way to climb into your team's top 5 players, in addition to easy veterancy points that very commonly build to Tier 3 veterancy that you can then use on a rushing class when the Commander calls for a rush. So far I like this playstyle so much I want to stay with it for the foreseeable future.

This is a good way to start. It helps to get a feel of the game, the flow of a match and the maps. Also helps when you're short on money and want to save up. Go repair your team. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing the game, there will always be occasions where good reps are needed. 

Also, show up for rushes. You don't need to be good at any infantry. Watch and use chat (y for teamchat, t for public chat). Calling in rushes, reporting in situation in inf/veh route, can make or break a game.

I always try to deny the enemy VP, money and territory. I'd rather retreat on low health than to give up a vehicle or a end up as a VP boost for the enemy team. 

On 5/23/2021 at 9:13 PM, Bam Ham City said:

In my opinion, demonstration videos of advanced tactics and knowledge is the most useful thing to show new players by far. For I'm new myself, yet I feel there are so many topics to keep in the back of your mind, topics which also change depending on your current map part location, and topics which also end up being the tipping point between winning and losing, that I believe "Advanced Tactics" in this game are truly Basic Essentials every player ought to know. It never occurs to me GDI can sneak, for example. My new player logic says "GDI = No stealth units = No sneaking without spy crates." But, though some luck was involved, the above video fully demonstrates the opposite. Or what to do with air vehicles, because they die so fast to so many things.

A second, two part example is first, the effects of more veterancy vs. less veterancy, and the effects of crate farming second. Because I remember a game where one speedy Mendoza more or less singlehandedly locked down infantry tunnels for the rest of the match due to having Tier 4 veterancy, from what I partly assume was lucky crate farming, vs. everyone else's Tier 2 veterancy.

Team vehicle compositions and identifying what class/vehicle to bring to a baselock is a third, but by no means final example. I've seen many times where Nod tries to baselock on GDI's front door with Artillery and many repairs, only to suffer a prompt smashing from GDI's more powerful vehicles and the Artillery's weak armor. It wasn't a matter of Nod not having enough money for other vehicles either, because I like to watch team credit counts for donation purposes.

need more people asking about advanced strats and need more people writing about advanced strats.