What An Incredible Journey!

Havoc89

Damn, I can't believe that this game is going for so long and with an unfortunate ending!
I downloaded this game on 2014 and this still remains one of my favorite games of all time.
Thank you Havoc! Thank you for your efforts in developing this magnificent game!

• Like 2

Guest TheHopelessThrumbo

Leaving the team doesn't mean that you won't have an impact on Firestorm development. It will just be a point from our side... now, where did I put a harvy to fill it with Vinifera as funding for your further journey?

There has been no greater pleasure than getting to work alongside you on Renegade X over the years. Alongside a great deal of support, advice, and motivation, there is no way I would be where I am in life without Renegade X and all the work you and the rest of the team put into it. Renegade X isn't just one of my favorite games of all time, but it's helped me meet the most wonderful people I've ever met, and opened up career options to boot. Thank you for making that possible.

For one of the few times in my life, I feel at a loss of words. I'd never worked with anyone so long on a project I care so much about. Tears have been shed. One of our great pillars has been lost. We will push forward though, and will continue to make you proud. I look forward to seeing you around ❤️

- Jessica

• Like 5

Just finished reading All the entire Posts from @Havoc89 & @[NE]Fobby[GEN] and watched all the links ..An early video that I never saw before ..Wow The 360p.. soooo much Has been done since then ..Was interesting reading all the Steps and everything From Day1 to Today.

I remember  Blackdawn didn't really catch my attention to play it entirely  and How sad I was that it didn't do well critics side and the mod with the need of UT3 Character movements and stuff I didn't like ..I was just like "Forgetting" this project ..Time passed years maybe ..Probably a RenNostalia Day,I reinstalled RenX ..Wow I was so suprise to see How Good It was improved ..ReFall in Love with Renegade ..But My Days with Renegade original Was  something of the Past and over ..The Need for Better Was what I want ..Since Then I'm here almost every week for few games mostly in week ends,

I remember saying when players count was struggling After the Failed Debut "I like better seeing a game growing slowly than one Reaching the top Fast and Dying soon after"  Well I think RenX Has come back slowly and growing at a steady pace   ..I'd never lost faith .The Game is too Good and Fun to play and always improving And it's free .

Thanks Again All of you that worked and still do on Renx

Ps:Makes me laugh to hear the Teen accent and way of thinking of Fobby in this Video   And Really like if there was Someone that could make once a while  similar videos with these Dudes having their Daily Great Conversations together :))) 

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

Back in 2019, I did not even know what Level Design / Art was, being a huge if not a fanatical fan of the C&C Franchise, I decided to give a try to the Software Devlopment Kit to see what was possible to do, it was long and painfull to use at first, especially for someone like me who never touched such tools before, and of course, nothing was explained in my own French language, so I did not only had to learn the SDK,  but also had to learn speaking English, back in 2019 I had some very basic skills in that language, understanding someone in Vocal was almost impossible, and writing was really difficult.

During the development of my first map (Desolation), I learned so much things, at the release of it, I knew I couldn't stop here, so I decided to start working on my Second one (Steppe) that also has been released in the official game later, I learned so much about mapping by doing those 2 maps, I was kinda hesitant to make a third one and felt into burn out, since it's such time consuming and the community is not always "kind / patient" with new maps, a difficult learning curve for sure, but thanksfully, lot of people has been able to help me and keep me motivated to come back. Later, seing some pictures of new Tiberian Sun Vehicles HD 3d models like the wolverine or the HoverMLRS on your Art Station page and many others ones somewhere, I felt that Tiberian Sun Era was near, so I continued to develop my skills to maybe one day, being able to map for this incredible game, and here I am...

Havoc89, I can't say how happy and honorred I have been when you accepted me inside the dev team in Fevruary 2020, It has been my greatest accomplishement in my life and working on a Tiberian Sun Era game has been a dream come true. I've been really happy to learned from you, can't thank you enough for all the time that you spent to explain me how to improve myself and learn the tricks of Level Design / Art. I would be lying if I'm saying that I'm not scarred to keep going whitout you inside the team. The game reached such a quality level that Working on it feels almost like working in a real professional Game dev studio, the pression can sometimes hit me, and I'm still a beginner, I still have so much things to learn. But a new era is huppon us, definitely not time to be sad, it's time to keep going !

Reading your post and Fobby's one has been a real archive discovering.

Thank you for all the work, thank you for your passion, enjoy your Retirement !

Cheers 🍻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Totem Arts Staff

I always wanted foundations ... but we already had one... Thanks to you... 

I shall leave you with the immortal words... 

"Hint hint hint", "foundations", mutant grass and of course "Button"

Words I hope will haunt you for the rest of ya life 😛

Good luck in ya new adventures 

And as always thanks for everything 

See you on the battle field commander

• Like 7

• Totem Arts Staff

Ever since I first played Command and Conquer on my friend's ps1 I was hooked. 

I of course only discovered Renegade because of my love of C&C (tiberian sun especially). I always found the multiplayer in Renegade to be something special. that team play and objective based gameplay beyond just "run and shoot the other players".

I remember hearing about Ren '07 during development, but never played it.

Then I remember coming across something about Renegade X around 2012. Boy was I excited. I downloaded it immediately. ..and the game ran at about 5fps for me 😅 I had to wait about 6 months til I could buy a new PC. So I've been playing since Beta 2.

It like you mentioned, "No game has ever cured my itch as much as this game has."

Even after playing Renegade from 03-07 (on dial up mind you, talk about learning to lead shots lol) and RenX from 2014-2021; I still get excited to boot up the game and play a few matches.

So many hardy thanks to the whole team for making this all a reality!

And certainly, Havoc/Waqas, testament to your skills, passion, temperament and leadership, both games, Renx & Firestorm have/will make it to market and continue to be developed and improved without you.

I think that's the true test of a creation, if it can remain without its "creator". That's truly something remarkable 😃

-Brennan "roweboat"

• Like 5

• Totem Arts Staff

It's not like we know each other for long time to be honest, still can't say it is easy for me to see one of the many talented devs and a true made leader continue his journey elsewhere outside this amazing invested game. 

Can't even start scarping from the huge gratitude for everything, for every stumble, challanges , pitfalls and many more you helped RenegadeX to survive and rise up,  and being like a glue to the whole team , and be the fire that fuels it all.

Ever since 2015 RenegadeX was a place for me to escape to have a casual gameplay, or pull 4 hour Under game match to remind my self that even from the most exhausting fights there is the sweet sweet victory that waits at the end.

I wish you all the best  your next goals and many achievements, pretty sure you going to produce amazing projects.
See you in the public  games as a simple player :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To be successful a project like Ren-X needs someone who doesent crack under pressure, someone to rally the team when it matters, someone to remain calm and collected and someone to steadily follow a vision against all odds.

Havoc has been this person from day 1.

Others did regularly quit, took breaks or started much later. Havoc is the only one that has been activly working on Ren-X all years, every year and always with big contributions and a vision. His personality and the sheer amount of work he put in gained him the respect of everyone.

Thank you Havoc, it has been a pleasure working with you and i wish you the best of luck for your new projects!

• Like 5

• Phase 5 Beta Testers

I didn't know you for a long time, just almost a year..
However, I have known that you're one of the most respected and talented developers I have ever met either irl or online. Thank you for making the games of my dreams and bringing joy to us, wish you the best of luck in your career and life.

-FIREMEDO the soontm man

• Like 3

Havoc, I'm proud of you taking on a new project man. I hope to see you in game man. Add me on steam anytime man. 

Been watching this community grow since it was formed. It has been awesome seeing how you all continued making Ren-X over the years. 

I sincerely wish ALL of you guys - the original team, as well as the newbies :) the very best.  

We all grew up and went our own ways. Life has been good. Glad to have you all in this world. Plus havoc, my kids love the paw patrol man. Wish you the best.

• Like 3

Hell yeah, Havoc! The very fact that you have such a capable and passionate team to hand things off to is testament to a shared vision. I'm excited to see the culmination of this soon, and hopefully play alongside you again.

Moving across the country was probably the best decision I ever made, so I hope the big move helps you really hit the reset button and hone your skills and life in a completely new way.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Hey man, I know that you don't even know me or anything,  I know life can take over at times, I...we appreciate the time you took in this project, I wish you the best. We appreciate the effort and time you put into this for everybody, you have no idea how many people appreciate you.

Just don't forget Renegade 😛 wish you the best.

Edited by TankClash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...