If you could remaster one C&C/Westwood Game...

Tytonium

Which one would you choose and why?

This remaster will have updated modern graphics, better balancing and AI to play better, and a completely remastered soundtrack by the original creator (likely our God Emperor Klepacki).

All of these newly added features can be toggled on/off to your will so if you want you can play the game completely like the original. Basically a perfect remaster and no EA fuckery.

I choose Dune 2000 because that's the game that got me into RTS stuff as a kid and plays like no other game Westwood ever made. Also giant fucking sandworms.

For the baron

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 4:17 AM, Tytonium said:

I choose Dune 2000 because that's the game that got me into RTS stuff as a kid and plays like no other game Westwood ever made. Also giant fucking sandworms.

Add PS1 port that had almost everything in 3D. Too bad that buildings didn't have contruction animation, but hey, seeing them in 3D (and some even had some animations, like lights on Windtrap) was the best thing ever.
For the Duke!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, Tytonium said:

Which one would you choose and why?

This remaster will have updated modern graphics, better balancing and AI to play better, and a completely remastered soundtrack by the original creator (likely our God Emperor Klepacki).

All of these newly added features can be toggled on/off to your will so if you want you can play the game completely like the original. Basically a perfect remaster and no EA fuckery.

For the baron

would deff pick c&c renegade when its done right. think of better reinforcements in the campaign  like engineers or hotwire being usefull she is an advanced tech yet doesnt even use her repair gun. in the entire campaign there was only 2 instances of ai using repair guns the scripted version of 1 engineer fixing a medium tank that blew up and left only a shell . then the mammoth tank near the end where the officer fixes it up before giving it to ya. thats only if it was kept alive.

the some better ai that dont cheat like what the hell remmember playing online at the start some reinforcement showed from acrosss the goddam map a gdi soldier shot he just shot me i was a stealth black hand was like what the hell who is shooting me.

the only thing that was fun to use was the follow command ya could both use online and ofline. when they added the commander function to call advanced reinforcement would alway just steal the commanders backup just walked up to them tapped e and they would follow me.  the reinforcements player could call was depanded on ya veteran rank so on ran 1-2 normal. when ya rankt 3-4th the first byable 3 inf could be gotten officer,rocket soldier then chem/sydney  they would pick from the free+these guys pool depanding on which faction. on rank 5 ya would only get the tier 1 and 2 guys that included the 500+ cost guy

Edited by slashes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gex_str said:

Add PS1 port that had almost everything in 3D. Too bad that buildings didn't have contruction animation, but hey, seeing them in 3D (and some even had some animations, like lights on Windtrap) was the best thing ever.
For the Duke!

There was also that other Emperor: Battle for Dune game in a 3d engine, but that game just felt like a fever dream to me