Ban the Optiplex player's IP address

Tytonium

I mean good lord, he has been here for over a year from what I can recall.

If you don't know, the player Optiplex is a recurring person who puts an afk player on another team to benefit himself and his team. He is either using the player name of Optiplex (and probably many other names) for spying on the enemy team and their plans, or to make it so that the enemy team has one less player (both of which are shitty and go against the spirit of the game).

I have bitched about this a year ago to multiple developers and they say they know who the ip address belongs to so why haven't they banned the cheater?

I mean unless this is a developer making an alt account for testing I see no other excuse for not deleting this person.

Proof? Any match you find him in he is afk. I have seen him hide the account at barren and non-traveled parts of the map so that no one can see him be afk. I have seen him in many games over the years always afk. I have called him out for being a cheater who is spying and right before the vote kick goes through he leaves the game to probably join by another player name or a little while later to avoid detection. A year ago whenever I would command teams the enemy would always seem to know what we were doing. It got to the point that I would quit commanding just because no one would kick the obvious spy on our team.

I finally saw him again tonight on 1/17/21 about 9:00 pm EST on a field match (official EU renx server) and he was doing his normal thing.

Ban him

What's the deal devs, or anyone who can shine light on this player?

Sure I and many other players have done some stupid stuff with glitches and map exploits before but this type of cheating completely ruins the fun for everyone if a player is aware of the enemy team's intentions. Banning this type of cheating just seems like common sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

I have previously kicked his alt accounts, I am not really active in RenX at the moment, but I'll setup a notification for when he joins and monitor the situation.

If you haven't already, try using modrequests to get attention of mods. I haven't been on IRC so if you have been modrequesting recently, I haven't been able to see it, but I will now.

• Like 1

Just now, Sarah. said:

I have previously kicked his alt accounts, I am not really active in RenX at the moment, but I'll setup a notification for when he joins and monitor the situation.

If you haven't already, try using modrequests to get attention of mods. I haven't been on IRC so if you have been modrequesting recently, I haven't been able to see it, but I will now.

BEGIN THE WITCH HUNT! BURN THE HERETIC!

• Haha 2

• Totem Arts Staff
13 hours ago, Sarah. said:

Heck yeah kick his nuts sky high.

@Tytonium in the meantime if you find him in game when im on lets abuse him togther untill he get mad, and do some more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

• Totem Arts Staff

I think people are taking it far too literally, especially coming from someone like Tytonium. Of course we do not advocate or condone players abusing other players, but context is important. If there's something new or any more info about this topic, feel free to DM me.

• Like 1