Firestorm Update - Delayed!, Music, and More

Havoc89

Not all servers will be filled with 64 players. So we're taking steps into designing maps with dynamic scaling. We are going to be designing maps that can be shrunken or expanded to suit either a large, medium, or small set of players.

So much good news.   I highlight this one as my favorite.

I very much appreciate this massive update!

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 2

Honestly, this delay has made the hype even better for me. I was already excited at the prospect of a more polished, tighter Renegade X experience in a TS setting, but with this, it honestly sounds like you guys are pushing for what a CnC FPS "should" be. Not a tiny tug of war with an RTS skin over the top, but more of a blend of conquest FPS modes and RTS base building and mobility. It's really interesting, and I'm sure everyone here will be able to wait until 2021 for this. Best of luck!

• Like 5

• Totem Arts Staff

As a bit of sidenote,  no I did not base the component tower on their original TS animation. I was just trying to make it as cool-looking as possible while still being plausible

(and no,  I didn't animate the Power Plant, I only did the construction of the Component Tower and Laser/SAM)

Feed me updates on the progress and I can wait as long as it takes, so far it looks way better than most triple A games that came out in recent years. Based on some of the features you guys described about base building and a lot of more game mechanics, it's definitely turning out very good, definitely superior than those lazy half-cooked triple A games that thinks graphics are everything and has literally no content, features, and innovative gameplay while just squeezing out overrated trends.

• Like 3

I very much hope that the fourth integration will include an even deeper connection with the "commander", who will have a wider range of possibilities, since this implementation in Renegade X has shown its best side. For example, the commander, in the GDI / Nod radar building, carry out the construction of structures, control each fighter and even, for example, draw up an action plan. Although he will not be able to buff the fighters next to them, the ability to remotely give orders to each player-fighter and draw up an action plan with just a couple of clicks, while it is possible to carry out orders through the radar with a couple of clicks will deepen the strategic part of the game and preserve the balance of FPS and RTS.

But the construction in the fourth iteration pleases on the maps in the conquest mode: the players have a limited choice of what and for what to build. A defensive outpot with an EMP weapon? Or maybe an observation post with a radar? I really hope that at least FPS will be more than RTS, but it will be more interconnected: as I wrote above, the commander function has shown itself almost from the best side. It is necessary to continue in this direction.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 10/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, DenWellingston said:

This is very sad! (((The commander function was good in RenegadeS and abandoning it in Firestorm will create some emptiness: teamwork does wonders.

Well I did say we're replacing it with something else... and that thing is also something to do with teamwork. Many people will agree : Commander role is a big burden due to power and responsibility being put into a single person.

• Like 3

I think. what else is worth saying about the building. Considering that construction will now be limited, I hope. that in the fourth iteration there will be not only production buildings, but also support buildings. For example, a radar, an EMP gun, a Nod missile silo with a tiberium vein processor, etc. Maybe add something of your own that was not in the Tiberian Sun, but corresponded to the faction itself.

• Genesis unfeatured this topic