[Mod] RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u

Merak_Haguen

RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u

This mutator brings the option of buying the crate epic units, Armored Sydney and Mutant Raveshaw, with some additions and restrictions.

Only of them can be bought in each team, and after someone does, the whole team is notified with an alert sound and message. When killed all the players are notified the epic unit died and who killed it. It gives more VP than common units.
Each epic character is unique on its own way, possessing abilities that are justified by what it is. For Sydney, her armor give her bonus and her disadvantage, as for Mutant Raveshaw, his mutant ability make him inhuman. They can be bought in the Purchase Terminal at Items menu, that now have a text on bottom saying Epic Chars, they are at 4th position. If main infantry building is destroyed you can't get them anymore.

A complete list of abilities and it's numbers can be seen here, along side with the code itself.

https://github.com/msiqueira-dev/RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units

A video show case is available here:

• 3 months later...

So I have no idea, I'm new to adding stuff to this game, but I put all the stuff into the CookedPC folder, I'm trying to do Skirmish, and so far there's nothing I can find that will tell me exactly what I need to do to get this to work on there, all I can find is a BAT which I have no idea how to work, or to start my own server, which I'm not doing just to mess around. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by robotalian234

Welcome robotalian

To run the Game with that Mutator you have to start the Game with an .bat File.

open an Texteditor and copy this Lines in :

UDK.exe CNC-Walls?mutator=RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units

save that text as Ephic_Units.bat

then copy that .bat in the     ... \Renegade X\Binaries\Win32 or if you want to use the 64-Bit Client in the

... \Renegade X\Binaries\Win64   Folder.

Make sure you have the RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u in your   ... \Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\  Folder

Start the Game with an doubleclick on that  Ephic_Units.bat  File or create an Desktop-Link to that .bat File and have Fun with it 🙂

• 6 months later...

So I'm back for support once again. I took a break from the game before playing with this, finally got back into it, did all you said to do, but once it gets to the intro cutscenes/movies/logos before the main menu, it just crashes out to desktop.

The RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u is in the CookedPC folder.

I put the .bat with the UDK.exe CNC-Walls?mutator=RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units into a text document and named it Ephic_Units.bat like you said to, then put that .bat into the Win32 folder and then the Win64 folder, but it crashes in both of them when trying to start it up.

I even went to the github page and downloaded that stuff, but I have no idea where to even put the stuff inside. It also doesn't help there's no videos/installation help for this either for those who are having issues or before they even attempt to do this.

The video I put with my evidence shows how long into loading the .bat/game it takes before it crashes.

So if the developer or anyone who uses this modification or even the moderators could, I think an actual video may help a lot so solve these issues......

Ephic_Units.bat

3dfb95c9d884f424a269495d4f497fe9.png

16479fef1dd28f382394003217b4db4d.png

a5717eaf2cae31924f1af06fc39e2d64.png

Edited by robotalian234
Better explaining

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, robotalian234 said:

So I'm back for support once again. I took a break from the game before playing with this, finally got back into it, did all you said to do, but once it gets to the intro cutscenes/movies/logos before the main menu, it just crashes out to desktop.

The RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u is in the CookedPC folder.

I put the .bat with the UDK.exe CNC-Walls?mutator=RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units into a text document and named it Ephic_Units.bat like you said to, then put that .bat into the Win32 folder and then the Win64 folder, but it crashes in both of them when trying to start it up.

I even went to the github page and downloaded that stuff, but I have no idea where to even put the stuff inside. It also doesn't help there's no videos/installation help for this either for those who are having issues or before they even attempt to do this.

The video I put with my evidence shows how long into loading the .bat/game it takes before it crashes.

So if the developer or anyone who uses this modification or even the moderators could, I think an actual video may help a lot so solve these issues......

Ephic_Units.batUnavailable

3dfb95c9d884f424a269495d4f497fe9.png

16479fef1dd28f382394003217b4db4d.png

a5717eaf2cae31924f1af06fc39e2d64.png

It's possible the mutator is deprecated. Functions change and if you compile it on a specific version, it could just completely break on the next update for the game.

• 4 months later...

i did the same but it not gonna work, i mean it starts the game, then in middle of Map Loading screen the "Your connection to the host server has been lost" or something like that appears, and yeah i have started skirmish and i found nothing about Armored Sydney Raveshaw etc, isn't it possible to add it to your Main Game for the next update please ?

so i started to compile the file again using the files on GitHub, it also need UDK path, i wanted to ask which version of UDK do i need ? and for editing .bat files, Renegade X SDK file download is totally wrong and useless , could you please re-upload it in the forums ? or double-check the files for Renegade X SDK? please help me to solve this issue thanks for your help and great job ! and i can not describe how happy i am that i find you and about this game again after more than 14 years !  

Edited by Sinai
fixing some misspells and adding more info
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

oh right, didnt take it into account where it's old version.
the version of udk which you need is on this link:

you don't need to install it from some exe file, only extract it to folder. 

extract it to D:\UDK for example (ofc on a drive where you have suffcient storage space)

after you extracted the files, run StartEditor.bat to start the editor, it would ask you to recompile (go for it) 

and maybe run assests scan (do that as well)

after it finished it wont close the window so look at the console window , if it stops moving for more than one min , then you can close the window.

• Sad 1

On 8/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, Merak_Haguen said:

RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units.u

This mutator brings the option of buying the crate epic units, Armored Sydney and Mutant Raveshaw, with some additions and restrictions.

Only of them can be bought in each team, and after someone does, the whole team is notified with an alert sound and message. When killed all the players are notified the epic unit died and who killed it. It gives more VP than common units.
Each epic character is unique on its own way, possessing abilities that are justified by what it is. For Sydney, her armor give her bonus and her disadvantage, as for Mutant Raveshaw, his mutant ability make him inhuman. They can be bought in the Purchase Terminal at Items menu, that now have a text on bottom saying Epic Chars, they are at 4th position. If main infantry building is destroyed you can't get them anymore.

A complete list of abilities and it's numbers can be seen here, along side with the code itself.

https://github.com/msiqueira-dev/RenX_Mutator_Epic_Units

A video show case is available here:

dear friend @Merak_Haguen it seems that your file or mutator is broken i mean it is hugely outdated, please review it and fix it if you are reading this, that's the reason why it is not functioning anymore  :(