Game crash on map Under in skirmish mode

Gthebeast

Hello,

My game crashes when i try to play skirmish on the map Under. Everything starts fine, but after some time the game always crashes. I haven't measured whether the crash occurs after the same amount of time or not.

I don't know with which patch this issue appeared. I have already verified the game integrity, but the issue persists. I haven't tried to reinstall the game yet.

Anyway here's the log and dump.

Thanks in advance !

Gthebeast

Launch.log unreal-v12791-2020.08.15-22.37.08.dmp

first of all you should run the game in 64 bit mode instead of the 32 bit

you can select it in the Launcher settings.
your system is top notch with 32 gb ram and a dx12 complain card we can get that hardware is not the issue

however the log does show some issues
[0000.76] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: Radeon RX 590 Series
[0000.76] Log: Adapter has 3072MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 1023MB of shared system memory
[0000.78] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
[0000.78] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 4095MB of shared system memory
[0000.86] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0000.87] Error: Error, Manifest doesn't exist: ..\..\UDKGame\Script\Manifest.txt

also this

ScriptWarning: Fatal Error! Sorting failed due to duplicate FriendlyName : (Caves) on 2 or more maps! Please use different names!!
    Rx_Game_MainMenu RenX-FrontEndMap.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Game_MainMenu_0
    Function RenX_Game.Rx_Game:MapListSort:00D7
[0022.01] ScriptWarning: Fatal Error! Sorting failed due to duplicate FriendlyName : (Caves) on 2 or more maps! Please use different names!!
[0022.01] ScriptWarning: Fatal Error! Sorting failed due to duplicate FriendlyName : (Caves) on 2 or more maps! Please use different names!!

you might have conflict with map files

[1056.66] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x1918763  (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x190b441  (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x16622f4  (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x17a07d4  (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

maybe one of the developers might help

from a layman like me i think your gpu setting are conflicting with ingame settings.

Just out of curiosity use the launcher and verify the game

Kind Regards

Hello again, thanks for your fast responses.

10 hours ago, HavocPrime said:

first of all you should run the game in 64 bit mode instead of the 32 bit

I don't because I have the same bugs as many other players when using 64 bit, and 32 bit works fine.

I have just performed a clean reinstall of the game (uninstalled, deleted the Renegade X folder and installed using the latest version of the installer). Doing so got rid of the sorting issues in the map list, but I don't think it is relevant to the crash.

Anyway, my game still crashes when playing  on the map Under (both when using 32 bit and 64 bit versions). Sometimes I get lucky and finish a game without a crash.

9 hours ago, Sarah. said:

If it becomes a normal thing, let us know. Random one-off crashes sometimes happen

Sure thing. As I said (perhaps not clearly enough) my game crashes almost each time I play on this map (and this map only it seems). However I cannot tell if it also happens when playing online (my internet connection is too laggy).

• 2 years later...