renegade X ideas for the benefit of everyone

Dragika

Since i didn't find any access to the creators i thought i'll share it here.

Hello, I'm writing as an old c & c lover, last time I just ran into Renegade x and firestorm what I liked. Normal pc, I just watched videos. game creator, although I had such a desire. (since I'm not the best Englishman, I use the google translator, I hope it will be available) The following came to mind:

I missed the bombing from the renegade x, although there would be nothing even if I only had a single player for which I would have ideas. The flame tank is very spectacular, I don't know how to do it but when it ignites the snow it could be steamier or even if it melted it would be very rough .

Construction: as an ability it could be that of an engineer or an officer, and that would allow for an extra lot of things, including expansion.

Firestorm: could be the mutant who occupies(capturing) the vehicles, with a very fast jumping thin, 2-3 second occupying time, and could be something of a harpoon that he can cling to, and his fusion presence.

I also have a picture in my head of the Tiberium monsters grazing in the fields, if I have the opportunity and I would ask you to draw it. It could look like a small protrusion with larger tiberium crystals say because it can be fired. It could be more robust over his legs and head, and the crystal on it too, the big ones could spit big pointed crystals, which could even fit in the vehicles, it would be very spectacular, the little ones would spit more spray which makes it easy for people to take off. could be from a larger crystal, and say more vulnerable. The larger ones could also be 4 meters.

Single player: I don't know this dream, but you could press one half to renegade another rts, you could press coop-mode with more people, put variable turns. You just have to synchronize the two, rts-fps somehow. Or it could be like rts issue commands and would be roughly the task to do, and what would appear on the map, or similar to the canceled Tiberium fps game, where you could instruct units on a map or in fps. In Singlep, let's say AI would take our peers.

I hope I could give you some good and feasible ideas for the benefit of everyone.

Edited by roweboat
edited text color for readibility
  • Like 1

Building structures and bases was planned and experimented with in the firestorm alpha, but the UE3 engine proved to be too old and weak to handle it on a large multiplayer scale unfortunately, a real shame too since it was working right up until the point the game would eventually crash. 

Alot of players seem to express interest in having tiberium creatures roam the battefield, but other than being a fun distraction its not clear how they would improve or add anything to the gameplay.

There is an old campaign for Renegade X called "Black Dawn", it hasn't been touched in a long while far as i know and from what i heard was originally meant as a showcase demo of sorts, it still offers a pretty entertaining experience with around 2 hours of gameplay, heres a link if you want to check it out.

Would be nice to have a longer more complete campaign for sure but the developers are focused on the firestorm expansion and making the multiplayer experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Edited by Syntharn

Melted ice and snow sounds like it would create a more rich map environment, but I don't know how practical it is... I can imagine someone in a flame tank shooting the ground and seeing snow turn to water and a muddy track being created underneath, people would be making donuts in the mud with buggies or maybe large ice crystals could be made to fall from buildings.

The tiberium creatures are an interesting aspect, in the past they would guard tiberium fields, but maybe in the FPS version they could be used to guard things like comm centres, silos and tech buildings so that the first person with an engineer can't just go over and take the structure for their team, they have to work together to get it so its more challenging. Creatures with a green spray and blue shards seems quite similar to the weapons that Nod already use for the chemical trooper and mendoza rifle.

In terms of mutant characters, I was hoping to see Umagon or Ghostalker as a playable character choice for GDI similar to Nods cyborg commando or the existing Sydney and Mobius. I can picture some sort of character with a large black trench coat capable of firing a unique harpoon gun at a vehicle and if it makes a successful connection, it should maybe repel him towards the vehicle and then kick the occupant out as a successful steal, it could be a good Nod counter to eliminating a GDI tank. I much prefer this over a stealth black hand unit waiting for someone to exit and repair their own tank and I imagine it would be quite a lot of fun to do as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a couple of new ideas.

1, there would be a big map, and as with a strategy divided into circles, there could be some small parts of the trajectories, and thus overcoming them would always change the nod and gdi ratio, this could be further thought h which would be super.

2, there could also be a one-money section where, as in the case of e-sports games, you could bet and collect prizes. -

I hope I'll be given to play renegade x too if I survive h there's no work here and no slow food. Push it!

• 3 months later...

Firestorm or Tiberium Wars Single player in Renegade x style?

It could be a big map with parts of the missions (maps). In a similar way the track would run, only AI would be against us. If there was little money it could slow down the resurgence.
There would be tasks on the tracks. You could even go back to older tracks with another mission, slightly changing the balance of power.
+ Scrin
like KAne's wrath global wars would also be a good idea, and maps load with AI :-)