Renegade X Launcher (Beta) Setup

Kaeberius

Alright so...I've browsed through the forums a bit and have not seen this one yet, I only recently found out about Renegade X and loved the concept of multiplayer on Renegade back in the day...I got the installer and once it begins or is supposed to begin installing it tells me "Another Installation Is In Progress....I've tried admin privileges, killing anything remotely resembling something that could be installing, Deleted the installer and re-downloaded, I'm a bit stumped, Please and Thank you for the help

Untitled.png

11 hours ago, Kaeberius said:

Alright so...I've browsed through the forums a bit and have not seen this one yet, I only recently found out about Renegade X and loved the concept of multiplayer on Renegade back in the day...I got the installer and once it begins or is supposed to begin installing it tells me "Another Installation Is In Progress....I've tried admin privileges, killing anything remotely resembling something that could be installing, Deleted the installer and re-downloaded, I'm a bit stumped, Please and Thank you for the help

Untitled.png

I found the solution, I ended up going into task manager, services tab, opening services on the bottom, scrolling down to windows installer, opened and set it to "Disabled", Restarted, reopened services and started it, then the installer worked fine, my other steps were cleaning registry and terminating anything resembling installer processes, but services was what finally did it