Diary of the unknown Tanker

isupreme

you ride across the battlefield in your tank.

there is death everywhere and you know what that means.

But once the battle has begun fear subsides.

Your thoughts hover around one thing and only one thing.

Where is the Enemy Tank?  Is it hiding behind that bush?   Is it aiming at me? 

Who will shoot next?

Adapted from  Grigori Shishkin, Russian General.   Netflix  Age of Tanks.  S1 E2

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there is any  reason i can't share this material.   It was included in the response to my being recommended to the group.

I found it an interesting read overall.  Full of lots of  GoTeam! and enthusiasm for the battle.  But in the end i think it is a bit subversive.   After all.  It calls to mind a credo that is Higher that either faction of GDI or Nod.    Some Calling that says the action is more important that who wins.   .   ..  That REP players see themselves more as playing in the conflict than swearing allegiance to a particular side.    This ...  joy?  is that the word?..  this......... fascination with turning the hands of fate.  It is somewhat bitter in mouth.  I am not sure i can stomach it.

Excerpt    REP Guidelines  Introductory.

Spoiler

When REP players are forced, due to circumstances to play the role of basic repair, it is accepted that death is probable.

This is in opposition to the Responsibility one has as a Hotwire or a Technician  to Protect Your Ass!

Often in battle the simple act of a basic repair can sharpen the point of any advance or blunt an advancing menace.

BUT Prepare Yourself To DIE!

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Why does the world keep changing?     I am born to fight.  To DESTROY the enemy.     I take my succor in domination.  Retreat annoys me.

My joy comes from crushing the Enemy and Holding the Field.    There is nothing better. 

But sadly, so often lately, my world is confusion.     No sooner than I am alive and on the field and punishing those that oppose me... but then!...

Then there is a Change Map Vote.  

BAm!      The world is ripped apart and I am forced to re invent my life again.       Do other Tankers actually enjoy this for some reason?     It makes no sense to me.     When the battle begins...  from that first moment...    The possibilities awake.    But when we start a match and then go straight to :   Change map,   --   Another world of possible fun collapses.    Another world that I had committed to engaging in - dies.   And along with it a little part of the tanker that is in me dies as well.