RenegadeX:Battle Royal

kira

Poll: Would you play a battle royal mod on RenX ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play a battle royal mod on RenX ?

• Not reallly. i prefer the current format of RenX.
    • Depends on the final outcome. need to see first.
    • HECK YEAH, DEWWW IT!

• Totem Arts Staff

I was wodering, how the idea of battle royal mod for Renegade X sounds to you?
like on pubg you start at lobby wait 30 seconds, they an air plane drop you off on a very large map with civil buildings and forest what ever  ( we can use Mount Harbour)
then there is a huge blue deadly ring that keeps closing on you ,  no respawning, one winner or team winner.    that kind of stuff.

would you play it? 

• Thanks 1

Always good to hear new ideas for the game.

Personally I am not a fan of the suggestion. I don't think a battle royale needs to, or should, come to Renegade X. First and foremost, I don't think there are enough people who actively play the game. Even if there were, depending on how many people were required, what you would then be doing is detracting from the player base of C&C mode. A big problem when we can only ever really fill up one server. Sans the PUG events, sometimes there is a decent 40/40 split between the servers. If somehow this mode were to introduce new active players to the game, and thus add to the total player base rather than divide the current one, I would be much more optimistic about it.

• Like 2

Dont want to be a party pooper but in my opinion RenX does not have needed mechanics to match Battle Royale mode. Creating mutators like that might take tremendous amount of dev time (asuming it is really possible). Like as a dirty variant put all players in one team and enable friendly fire. Radius.. Well maybe to spawn tib fields slowly around the circle.. Again, if it is possible with mutators. Im more curious about map size (mostly performance hit on the server) and where to find so many inf players. Also, aware of poi in bushes 😁

I'm not totally against a Battle Royal mode, sounds like a real sniper fest, so might get some of the usual snipers out of C&C mode and into a different server, which I'd like as I generally don't like snipers in games where you're constantly having to buy to upgrade a character. What I really would like more though is a Capture the Flag mode for the game, lots of different strategies then.

• Like 2

Iam not a huge fan of battle royale mode. Not a bit. But anything that is out of ordinary would be welcomed. Whats good about battle royale mode are thousands of different courses of game and hundrets of different outcomes so the game is aging very slowly. 

One big map, crates, and weapon/health spawns. It d be different from regular battle royale games, but it might work.

One big problem would be low playerbase. A lot of BR games have a huge player base so waiting time is zero, and everybody is having a good time jumping from one game to another.

8 hours ago, ex_member said:

it would lose the spirit of RenX.

Would be much more acceptable it the game was team-based. 2 teams battle royale looks fine in my imagination. 

"Poisonous tiberium has cut and surrounded two enemy factions, and its spreading fast! Meteorites with tiberium are falling occasionaly making the whole situation even worse for survirors in the yet uncontaminated land. Survivors had to leave their bases and get to the safety zone to get rescured by their faction transporters, that came right in time, before the whole land got contaminated".

Edited by Axesor

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I'm not totally against a Battle Royal mode, sounds like a real sniper fest, so might get some of the usual snipers out of C&C mode and into a different server, which I'd like as I generally don't like snipers in games where you're constantly having to buy to upgrade a character. What I really would like more though is a Capture the Flag mode for the game, lots of different strategies then.

At this point, capture the flag might be better option.
like holding a capturable structure for lets say 10 min, and after those 10 min, you can activate a nuclear warhead to strike enemy base  (one building would be more challanging)

i can do something like that if ppl would want it.

@Tytonium ***BATTYE ROYAL MOD - DENIED.*****

• Thanks 1

For CTF mode I really mean an object like the Tacitus or perhaps giant GDI and Nod flags that you must transport between each base, lock buildings so they can't be destroyed apart from base defence structures and probably remove AGT/Ob from included maps completely. Cap it 5 times to win the game.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind one but I dont think its as simple as "large map with players and restricting ring".

A key element is keeping the player busy during the game. You should always have something to do that feels useful. Looting, hiding, hunting, waiting in ambush, mapping through an area etc. How would you balance the weapons? A ramjet in open territory seems a bit more OP than a shotgun or grenade launcher. You can use rarity ofcourse but many weapons would obviously be way more powerful. This many weapons also means that sharing ammo becomes an issue, and you would either have to shower the player with ammo everywhere (and likely tank FPS), throw a lot of weapons under one ammo type which means people will limit themselves to the best option or cut out a lot of weapons. Maybe you can invent something with upgrade items? You pick up a low-tier weapon of one ammo type and are able to upgrade it to higher tiers through exploration and perhaps sacrifice of some of your supplies and equipment. It would add a uniqueness compared to most other battle royales.

• 2 weeks later...