Is Renegade X your favorite game?

HIHIHI

Is Renegade X your favorite game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Renegade X your favorite game?

• F1, for sure
    • F2, no, but I like playing it
    • F3 (?!) I don't like Renegade X, why am I here?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/20 at 04:59 AM

• Totem Arts Staff

Well I would say yes, more importantly command and conquer mode is my favorite.

It's also one of the few games that I have the ability to consistently play with good people 😁

Between this and original Renegade, been playing for nearly 12 years. 

Next closest was Nox (ironically, also a Westwood title) at around 3 years. (But nothing ever came to replace that magic ala RenX)

• Like 2

Tiberian Sun > Nox > Renegade - I played these games online competitively through WOL, but I quit old Ren after realising I would join maps like Field and Under and simply not enjoy the game, but had nothing better to do with my time. My all time favourite games are in my sig, but Tomb Raider 2 may be it but also Deux Ex original is also very close. Bought old Ren on holiday in Cornwall on an off chance and my PC couldn't even run it at the time, rediscovered Ren-X some time in 2012/2013 maybe.

• Like 1

As a game? No.

I think people forget that this isn't some triple A rated game from EA studios themselves, even though it has come very far, we shouldn't forget this is a fan made product as a passionate love song to Renegade. It's not particularly polished, balanced, entirely functional, 

But It is not really supposed to be. Playing this game for the first time gave me overwhelming joy as it pushed me back to certain parts in my late childhood where I was nothing short but an addict to Renegade. No mainstream game has ever achieved that to me, not even the ones that were supposed too. 

But I'm not going to sit here and say, playing Renegade X like a proper mainstream game is the wrong way to play it. But I can't find that sweet spot. Playing it hard for me, often just gives me a headache.  There's too much that's inconsistent and left unsaid during the gameplay, that I just can't get immersed in it to enjoy my time properly.  

I find myself best enjoying Renegade X when I feel the memories and nostalgia it brings up from my past. And more importantly, bonding with all the other many great people who feel the same way. And some of those very people have stuck around in my life to truly make a difference.
And I know I am not the only one who can say that.

- It has been my favourite experience.  
ᵐᵒˢᵗˡʸ

Edited by euan-missile