Birds and neutral creatures/scenery...

pawkyfox

HI!

I never played UT3 but do we see birds and such in UT3 in-game? Reason I am asking is that I am wondering if birds can be added in certain maps.

In Walls_Flying, if you walk to the side near the giant cliff, you will hear vultures screaming...

I like how you remade Under: with so much jagged icy rocks and such...so when you do the same for Walls_Flying, can you also add a few vultures flying here and there?

If it's not possible, then please don't forget the sounds atleast...

-pawky

While on topic of the jaggedy rocks in under, is it possible that later you could implement some "Original" style remakes of the maps, like completely look alikes of the original maps, but higher poly and with better texturing? Some people might prefer it to the new gameplay that a buncha the new changes and improvements might implement.

QUOTE (Jngdwe @ Aug 19 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While on topic of the jaggedy rocks in under, is it possible that later you could implement some "Original" style remakes of the maps, like completely look alikes of the original maps, but higher poly and with better texturing? Some people might prefer it to the new gameplay that a buncha the new changes and improvements might implement.[/b]

My first impression was that that was what they were going to do. I really don't have a problem with that though I still am a bit grudgy about Hourglass and blue skies (my fav map - sorry Fobby! :angry: :lol: :lol: :P )

But the remakes are very good with new features. I see it this way: a mod as HUGE as Ren X does not deserve to simply remake high polygon versions of the W3D maps. We need a COMPLETE overhaul and that is what the team is doing so I am fine with that.

Even then, I am sure perfect remakes will be made; if not by the team, then by someone else.

-pawky

• Totem Arts Staff
My first impression was that that was what they were going to do. I really don't have a problem with that though I still am a bit grudgy about Hourglass and blue skies (my fav map - sorry Fobby![/b]

I've told you multiple times, we tried blue skies on it but it didn't work out >_<

Plus some of the beta testers say Hourglass is the best looking map :rolleyes:

• Totem Arts Staff
While on topic of the jaggedy rocks in under, is it possible that later you could implement some "Original" style remakes of the maps, like completely look alikes of the original maps, but higher poly and with better texturing? Some people might prefer it to the new gameplay that a buncha the new changes and improvements might implement.[/b]

Umm, actually our remakes of the maps are "original" style remakes. We haven't changed gameplay features in the maps themselves, and even in terms of the 'looks', Complex, Field, and Under are pretty much identical remakes with better textures. I think the only map that looks somewhat different would be Hourglass, because the original Hourglass was simply just plain dirt and rocks with no creativity.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Aug 20 2008, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, actually our remakes of the maps are "original" style remakes. We haven't changed gameplay features in the maps themselves, and even in terms of the 'looks', Complex, Field, and Under are pretty much identical remakes with better textures. I think the only map that looks somewhat different would be Hourglass, because the original Hourglass was simply just plain dirt and rocks with no creativity.[/b]

well... under looks pretty different too, with the snow theme it got...

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Aug 22 2008, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or maybe we could make server-side options to change the weather, seeing how many server-side options you guys already have planned... ;)

That one C&C server allowed weather changing (Kaimux C&C, or something like that)[/b]

definitely secondary, and not even planned atm.