Torque Problem?

Akbaro

Played the Mammoth tank for the first time in a while and realized just how clumsy it is without support 😜

To be expected, its not the most practical thing ever.

Something I found absolutely retarded though was how Syntharn was able to very decisively push me back into a rock... in a light tank.

Thats not how physics works. The Mammoth tank looks like it could weigh upwards of 200 tonnes lmao, the Light tank looks like it could be as light as 20. Right...

Any explanation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Press 2 / Press 1, reset physics.... fuck over light tank. 

Also... this is the same engine that produces Mass Effect 1's MAKO .... There's a reason even Bioware gave up and just made their next vehicle in UE3 a hovering vehicle that was basically glued to the ground. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, euan-missile said:

Interesting, but I have yet to meet the man or woman who boots up the ren x launcher and expects to play a physics simulator.

Complains about gigantic mammoth tank pushed 50ft back by light tank

"Lmao this guy wants to play a physics simulator"

TBH this is pretty ridiculous. Although it has always been the strategy (in the original C&C Renegade) to get up close to a mammoth tank so it couldn't hit you. Mammoths aren't as OP as you might think they are, a single Stealth tank can easily take one out without taking much damage if it uses the terrain to it's advantage or strafes while holding shift. Light tanks could do the same. I think thew physics do need a tweak, but it isn't game breaking.

Thats not how physics works. The Mammoth tank looks like it could weigh upwards of 200 tonnes lmao, the Light tank looks like it could be as light as 20. Right...

I always tend toward physics solutions as they are logical....    But.....  but i don't mind accepting the premise this game is built on .. which is not pure physics.

hell, World of tanks is pure physics and that game sucks.    The fun and teamwork here multiplied by the various paths to a Win = Gameplay

• Like 3