Introductions, and a question.

Jngdwe

Hello everybody, I'm Jngdwe!

I've been watching this mod for a while and i'm really looking forward to it, so much so that im going out to buy UT3 when i get payed tomorrow, however i have a very important question. I played the demo of UT3 and i'm really disappointed in the online multiplayers massive lag issue compared to the original renegade. in Renegade, if you shoot someone on your screen, they get hit, period. in UT3 online (not sure if its in retail though) your bullets lag behind, and it would seem that vehicles lag too on the clients screen. Will this be fixed somehow in RenX? this is a big issue for me as a Ren fan!

Keep up your good work RenX Team! Much thanks from a hardcore fan of the C&C series for reviving a good game,

Jngdwe

I think UT3 and the U3 engine got a very nice workaround for lag-issues its a very nice system, I never had lag like I had once in Renegade, if you have more then a 1000kb/s connection it shouldn't be a problem. (I got atm. 6000kb/s down and 768kb/s up and never had any trouble with lag in UT3).

For sure we try to optimize bandwidth-use for our mod, it's not at the top of our must-done-list, but we will for sure even after a first release work on that.

Are you positive you don't have ANY lag issues? because for me it's like the bullets have a delay in firing from when i press to button to the point when it comes out, it feels very slow compared to playing a single player match with bots. the same with vehicle controls, i'm telling it to move, and it has probly a 50-100ms delay before it moves, making driving faster vehicles a huge pain. I can maybe record it with fraps, but this seems weird as no one else tells me they have this problem. also, i have 4000kbps down, 512kbps upload. 3.1mbps/415kbps on speedtest.net with 80 ping.

I haven't had any lag issues either, except when the server itself had issues.

Perhaps you should check your internet connection. Even ask your provider how fast it is. My connection is supposed to be able to handle 100MB/s, but in practise, because of the distance of the line between me and my provider, it comes more at 20MB/s.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

Hmm,this is very strange. I'm going to buy the game at gamestop today, perhaps the retail will be fine, if not i'm moving to town anyway and getting 20mbps from mediacom, and they are nice enough to gimme 2mbps upload :P, woot for server hosting!

Mmmm, i can taste the tourney goodness lol. Bought UT3, still have the same multiplayer issue as i did in the demo )=, i hope its fixed when i move, or that perhaps you guys can make the mod play out the same as renegade in multiplayer, where if you shoot someone on your screen they get hurt rather than you having to lead your shots.