Tiberian Sun Nod WF

The model looks good, it's really detailed; I bet texturing it is going to be hard work. I could see people supporting this being included into maps like Complex, Tomb, Tunnels or maybe Walls?... where vehicles have a habit of being destroyed as soon as they land.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Very awesome!!

As @Mystic~ said, could be used as an interesting alternative to the airfield (even if cannotically it makes no sense).

Or could be used in a new map similar to how Crash site has the building... And it could only produce TS recon bikes, buggies and tick tanks 

• Like 2

Thanks every one the response has been really positive!

I've been playing around with the collision mesh. Because of the slightly more organic design or the building it's proving a bit trickier than just using simple box colliders so I've been playing around with a convex hull decomposer plug-in and some manual tweaking.

It's coming along fairly well but I think I can simplify the collision mesh a hell of a lot more (I might just use the plug-in for the exterior and manually do the interior with more basic boxes) and there's an issue with the front of the WF being claimable by infantry.

• Like 2

...and there's an issue with the front of the WF being claimable by infantry.

Just add a ladder. 😄 ...but seriously, if aircraft and infantry drop on top, how are Nod going to be able to disarm beacons? I can't be fair to let Nod do this, but not let GDI do the same.

Thanks for doing a video, bet you could have some good internal fights in there, would be great if there were more buildings that had something more than just a single room with an MCT terminal. I'm guessing now all those large amber/red lights are because you have the model on top of the runway? Could place a key internal light in your design that flashes to suggest keep clear, pending tank build and you'll be crushed if it's anything like the GDI war factory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

Just add a ladder. 😄 ...but seriously, if aircraft and infantry drop on top, how are Nod going to be able to disarm beacons? I can't be fair to let Nod do this, but not let GDI do the same.

Thanks for doing a video, bet you could have some good internal fights in there, would be great if there were more buildings that had something more than just a single room with an MCT terminal. I'm guessing now all those large amber/red lights are because you have the model on top of the runway? Could place a key internal light in your design that flashes to suggest keep clear, pending tank build and you'll be crushed if it's anything like the GDI war factory.

Yeah, well I was going to do a flying version like the existing building but I'll haave a think about it.

That's a good idea about the warning light.

• Former Developers

Looks good. Seems a bit big. Like 2-3 hand of nod. Also take into consideration renx map sizes plus vehicle sizes. I'd recommend making the building as small as possible. GDI WF as a good example. The bay just fits a mammoth tank.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Havoc89 said:

Looks good. Seems a bit big. Like 2-3 hand of nod. Also take into consideration renx map sizes plus vehicle sizes. I'd recommend making the building as small as possible. GDI WF as a good example. The bay just fits a mammoth tank.

Yeah I know what you mean It's been tricky trying to get the size down but you're right I think I can make some economies around the vehicle bay.