[Poll] Team Switching Punishment

LavaDr4gon

Punishment for team swapping  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should you lose credits for team switching?

• Yes (credits are reset)
    • No (credits are kept)

Team swapping to balance out teams evenly should not be punished. 

However with that being said, People who purposely switch teams mid-game because a building is lost, or they don't like the team they're on, or are losing pretty bad should have credits reset. Maybe not so much back to 0 but perhaps a percentage of credits will be forfeited. That way they still have some credits to play with. 

7/10 if a player switches, someone will always donate to help that person out especially if they're on same team as a friend. I

Could this also just be a server-side option?

Credits are accrued both individually by completing tasks, killing enemy players, destroying tanks, defending harvesters and holding group resulting in more credits and collectively through team play and I think this needs to be considered.

I don't think someone should necessarily have to forfeit everything they've credibly earned if they change teams. I sometimes switch teams out of frustration after somebody makes a real douche bag of a decision against me that affects my disposition towards that team (like being voted out commander by 'the mob') or many in the team withdraw their support to the extent it causes a team fracture/grievance, so I don't want punishing for this either by having credits wiped out. This scenario isn't the same as switching team because "we're losing" or "we just lost a building" and I certainly don't want to be locked into a side, I'd probably quit the game if I couldn't change side at that point.

However if a player accrued lots of credits predominantly because of the rest of the team put in most of the effort I'd probably support at least capping the percentage they could take so it didn't overly or unfairly imbalance the game from that point onward. 75% of total perhaps?

Absolutely definently yes. Hell id make a -500 credits for switching teams not just a 0. Ive seen hell lots of people switching to a winning team or just switching to nod to be sbh mains, wont even mention playing with friends.. 

And yeah if you switch teams your credits should be auto team donated

• Totem Arts Staff
On 1/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, roweboat said:

they should lose all credits and they should be automatically team-donated to their team they switched from.

My initial idea for the punishment, because it doesn't make sense to also punish the team they left

I guess the other takeaway is that there's no real easy way to do this while also having the credit recovery after disconnect existing

i don't agree to keep all money
when a player switch teams, i think his money could be given to his team - i.e. if i'm GDI and i switch to Nod, all my creds are team-donated to GDI
and when i'm in Nod, i could have the starting creds (smth like 150 or 200 i can't remember)
reset creds to 0 is.. meh
especially if you switch to a team without ref or PP

hmm... what do you mean Hande? if you disconnect and you reconnect in enemy team, you have all your creds? oO

Guest Gliven

I agree credits should be reset upon team switch. I also really like the idea of force donating to team upon switch.

24 minutes ago, ef- said:

Money should belong to the team. Team switching with their credits is gonna make the game more toward one sided. Maybe we should downgrade team switching back to recruit too.

That would just encourage people to spam reconnect till they get on the team they want.

1 hour ago, Gliven said:

I agree credits should be reset upon team switch. I also really like the idea of force donating to team upon switch.

That would just encourage people to spam reconnect till they get on the team they want.

54 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

I'd just force the same team for the player on joining as when they left barring exceptional difference criteria.

Or give them 3 chances a roll before they are forced in the same team to be fair, I mean i will just stop playing that day if i lost connection 3 times a game tbh. But it sounds a lot of works.

• Like 1

Not a bad idea, but the main issue with teamswitching is when it starts (further) unbalancing the teams (skillwise being more important than numberwise). While it can be considered a dick move, a low skilled player switching at, say, 40 min because his team lost a building really shouldn't impact the teams that much (and therefore, isn't really that big of a deal to begin with). 

Nonetheless, transferring money from one team to the other is kinda silly by concept, so implementing this seems very reasonable.

Just as a suggestion tho, but what about blocking teamswitching altogether and instead creating a vote option to balance the teams? (preferably combined with a system taking skill into account). Would kinda help block stacking/crappy teamswitching while focussing on restoring teambalance. Main downside obviously being that people generally wouldn't enjoy being switched to a losing team. Then again, that IS a necessary evil at some point.

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
24 minutes ago, Rups said:

Just as a suggestion tho, but what about blocking teamswitching altogether and instead creating a vote option to balance the teams? (preferably combined with a system taking skill into account). Would kinda help block stacking/crappy teamswitching while focussing on restoring teambalance. Main downside obviously being that people generally wouldn't enjoy being switched to a losing team. Then again, that IS a necessary evil at some point.

It may be worth exploring

• Like 2