Renegade-X launcher keeps getting suspended by Task Manager

harkins2011

The first time I loaded the launcher I downloaded the game until it was about 99.99%, but then the download speed went to 0B/s, and I attempted to restart the downloading process. However, this caused explorer.exe to stop, and my entire PC to crash. Restarting the PC, I can no longer open the launcher. Investigating Task Manager, the process begins for a brief moment and immediately gets suspended. I have re-installed the launcher installer, and even used its utilities to repair/remove the launcher, but to no effect. I am on Windows 10.

03-01-2020_01-29-45_Application.log

Edited by harkins2011

• 1 month later...

Seems like something similar is happening to me, launcher is currently broken ( wont load ). Pops up for a brief second in task manager when being double clicked but disappears immediately.  Shows up twice in resource monitor as a grey'd out task that gets ' terminated ' status immediately.
I have done the same reinstall, uninstall then reinstall, repair via the program, uninstall via windows 10 add or remove programs list. No effect.
Launcher seems to be needed to install or patch the game so i am screwed on next update ?

What do you mean exactly by new admin account ? I do not have a log in to windows 10 at the moment. Do you mean i will need to set up a fresh " user account " to click on when booting windows, designate that as admistrative ? Set up a new desktop and re do all my settings ?

Any updates on other work arounds, or other ideas ? Other ways to reinstall the launcher ? Other programs that are used / effected by the launcher that i could try to repair ?

1 hour ago, They said:

Seems like something similar is happening to me, launcher is currently broken ( wont load ). Pops up for a brief second in task manager when being double clicked but disappears immediately.  Shows up twice in resource monitor as a grey'd out task that gets ' terminated ' status immediately.
I have done the same reinstall, uninstall then reinstall, repair via the program, uninstall via windows 10 add or remove programs list. No effect.
Launcher seems to be needed to install or patch the game so i am screwed on next update ?

What do you mean exactly by new admin account ? I do not have a log in to windows 10 at the moment. Do you mean i will need to set up a fresh " user account " to click on when booting windows, designate that as admistrative ? Set up a new desktop and re do all my settings ?

Any updates on other work arounds, or other ideas ? Other ways to reinstall the launcher ? Other programs that are used / effected by the launcher that i could try to repair ?

Yes, I fixed it by creating a new user account with administrative permissions. It doesn't take a really long time, because the new account shares almost every setting and program (the Renegade X Launcher too, if I remember) the computer already has.

Edited by harkins2011