Remove command center @ Outposts?

Ryz

Maybe the CC is there for a longer time, but I've never really noticed it (also haven't played the map a lot lately). I think it makes the map even more Nod favoured. GDI can do its utmost but is seen accross the (mini) while leaving base or trying to reach CC.  Meanwhile a single sbh / stank can capture it.

In my opinion it makes the map unplayable as GDI but I like to hear other opinions.

The coms centre is very useful on a map like FIeld-X to reduce the risk of one side just tunnel rushing, on Outposts it's quite irritating because an SBH can camp it with a rep tool, in fact they can do this on most maps with most tech buildings. I would say the SBH shouldn't get a repair gun but that would prevent infiltration, maybe they should be given an EMP grenade instead and just self-heal over time (if they don't already)?

If GDI has a good team on Outposts they can win, but I see more Nod wins than GDI on this map due to their speed/stealth options and early game is important for GDI as else they become somewhat base locked and high tier infantry prevent any progress along the forest infantry route.

Maybe GDI needs a new Seal unit that can disguise itself as a bush when standing still or something so it can go capture buildings whilst everyone else is locked in base.

Or how about we give both teams a radar by default and losing it means you can no longer see deep enemy unit movements on the mini map? Like a periodic sweep that fades.

Or how about we give both teams a radar by default and losing it means you can no longer see deep enemy unit movements on the mini map? Like a periodic sweep that fades.

Very interesting.  I would like to see this as a player character ability, or as part of a new building in the base.

Is this Idea worthy of a separate forum post?

Edited by isupreme

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I would say the SBH shouldn't get a repair gun but that would prevent infiltration, maybe they should be given an EMP grenade instead and just self-heal over time (if they don't already)?

I like this idea, esp since I've recently learned that SBH armor is literally called LAZARUS armor.

• Like 1

I like this idea, esp since I've recently learned that SBH armor is literally called LAZARUS armor.

I like the fact you provided about Lazarus armour, I didn't know this. So maybe these advanced stealth suits come equipped with medi-gel so when they get perforated with bullets it just refills the suit and regrows the tissue at super speed, this way team members don't have to bother with healing one another and worry about becoming revealed and spotted and it's not like SBH have loads of health anyway or don't take at least some damage on the way into a base.

If SBH were given an EMP grenade instead it would raise the question, should buildings hit with an EMP blast trigger the building under attack alarm is electronics are disabled? Obviously the current disarming of mines doesn't do this. Patch already has the grenade launcher, so it's sort of balanced when compared to the SBH.

Very interesting.  I would like to see this as a player character ability, or as part of a new building in the base.

Bases could either come with a new radar tower or the existing Airstrip and Weapons Factory is edited to give the GDI WF a radar dish on the roof somewhere similar to the extra SAM turret it has on Lakeside. Destroy this module to enable your team to rush without being spotted on the mini-map / game map. OR maybe give the Officer more of a key role - I seem to recall he was able to spot things and call re-enforcement's in the original solo Renegade campaign.

The range of the existing comms centre could be reduced to 50% map coverage instead of full - I think this is how it presently works, although I don't look at it that often.

So who is Lead Developer these days? This conversation and good suggestions may get lost under the heap unless someone is told.

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I like the fact you provided about Lazarus armour, I didn't know this. So maybe these advanced stealth suits come equipped with medi-gel so when they get perforated with bullets it just refills the suit and regrows the tissue at super speed, this way team members don't have to bother with healing one another and worry about becoming revealed and spotted and it's not like SBH have loads of health anyway or don't take at least some damage on the way into a base.

If SBH were given an EMP grenade instead it would raise the question, should buildings hit with an EMP blast trigger the building under attack alarm is electronics are disabled? Obviously the current disarming of mines doesn't do this. Patch already has the grenade launcher, so it's sort of balanced when compared to the SBH.

Bases could either come with a new radar tower or the existing Airstrip and Weapons Factory is edited to give the GDI WF a radar dish on the roof somewhere similar to the extra SAM turret it has on Lakeside. Destroy this module to enable your team to rush without being spotted on the mini-map / game map. OR maybe give the Officer more of a key role - I seem to recall he was able to spot things and call re-enforcement's in the original solo Renegade campaign.

The range of the existing comms centre could be reduced to 50% map coverage instead of full - I think this is how it presently works, although I don't look at it that often.

So who is Lead Developer these days? This conversation and good suggestions may get lost under the heap unless someone is told.

Havoc89 Producer and Lead Artist would be best, but Thommy made the map so you could just tag him here or make sure he read it.