Skirmish love.

martok

Hello Ren peeps.

I would like some love for Skirmish. Yes RenX is all about that multiplayer but there is something I would like addressed something I think could be easily done. 
But first I would like to say who ever made the DarkNight map is a legend its nice to have a players vs bots game and I think we need more like it with Nod or GDI being the Defender as well as difference base sizes to defend. One thing i really like is the build-able turrets. Love. That. Shit. I can understand not wanting the turrets in Multiplayer games cause a 30 v 30 and everyone can place 4 turrets each is gonna get messy fast. But I think stuff like this and other things like Build-able Tiberium sun units and such should be an option for Skirmish mode that people should be allowed to do. Just a little Tick box that allows Building turrets, Building Tib sun units And whatever else our fabulous devs decide to made for us. Cause some times farming Creates for special things like the Nod Bradley is boring if you just wanna try it out in Skirmish against bots.

This is something I with my very limited almost non existent Programming skills should be easy to implement.

The not so easy thing that this could lead to is being able to Invite friends to your Skirmish game. Cause sometimes you just want a 1v1 or a 2v2 or just 4 guys vs bots and some how make it possible through the Skirmish Menu. This could also lead to having the Skirmish menus be an easy way to host a small server per-say for a small group of friends that want to try out the stuff that you can't really access at the moment. Like the Mammoth tank Mk II or flying the A10 / Migs just have options in the Skirmish to be able to allow it.

Sure this could be abused but its Skirmish mode. who cares? Not all of us are able to make maps huge respect for though who have the patients to make them though. But really I just want little more freedom in my Skirmish to mess about to my hearts content. 

Thank you for reading and tell me what you guys think?

• Totem Arts Staff

There's that Multiplayer menu that works almost like Skirmish. It's kinda low-support because not enough of us scripts the menu (I think?). Setting up your own server is much more versatile, but you'd have to meddle a bit with some command lines. It's available for anyone as long as you can port-forward (unless you're playing LAN)

To make things as versatile as you put it without the use of Mutators would really require some rescripting of game logic though, and honestly I'd prefer just using mutators. We just need a way to make a configurable mutator, which is not exactly hard. The hardest part is actually making a menu for it.

EDIT : Actually nvm, apparently it doesn't have the capability

• Former Developers

Mutator menu would be very helpful to have like in all of the Unreal Tournament games. This could more or less allow one to customize the game a bit and for example have a mutator to add/replace vehicles with TS vehicles for example. Skirmish is certainly a feature that hasn't received as much love as the MP.

16 hours ago, Havoc89 said:

Mutator menu would be very helpful to have like in all of the Unreal Tournament games. This could more or less allow one to customize the game a bit and for example have a mutator to add/replace vehicles with TS vehicles for example. Skirmish is certainly a feature that hasn't received as much love as the MP.

Is it possible to set up something like a mutator menu? Cause that sounds like the way to go. just have something that can allow or disallow mutators?

• Totem Arts Staff
On 12/27/2019 at 5:28 AM, martok said:

Is it possible to set up something like a mutator menu? Cause that sounds like the way to go. just have something that can allow or disallow mutators?

I might have to look around more, but auto detection of mutators would most likely not be possible. You should be able to generate a commandline to run just by inputting some basic stuff like mutator package name and file, or if its been loaded before then auto load w/e. I believe the engine doesn't load unreferenced packages, but it might be stored somewhere as static memory, not actually loading the byte code into memory or whatever. I'm not really sure how it works, but probably something like that.

short version: maybe

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1