Small Matches?

Snazz

• Totem Arts Staff

There is smaller maps that would make this more reasonable.

Maps: Snow, [DM Maps], Canyon and other small maps would do fine, even maps like Field (Not X) would do quite well.

Settings, well depending on playstyle, you may want to restrict beacon purchasing, but that isn't strictly necessary.

Other than that, its pretty much up to you.

• Totem Arts Staff

All maps have player size ratings built in right?

It would be wonderful if the map vote system could be set up in a way, so that if there are X number of players in the server, it will only show certain maps rated for those players sizes.

eg. if only 15 players in the server, maps like Daybreak, Outposts wouldn't show. If only 10 players, only maps available would be smallest ones such as snow, Volcano,  Tomb etc.

• Like 1

Of course, Eyes would be available at any player count... : )

But yeah... I think that could be a helpful feature overall. It just depends... Some people like their 64-player Field games (and I enjoy one every once in a while too), and some don't. So many different opinions, none wrong, but conflicting nonetheless...

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

Of course, Eyes would be available at any player count... : )

But yeah... I think that could be a helpful feature overall. It just depends... Some people like their 64-player Field games (and I enjoy one every once in a while too), and some don't. So many different opinions, none wrong, but conflicting nonetheless...

Of course Eyes is perfect for 1v1 matches ='D

Very true! It all comes down to we can't make everyone happy, just try to make the most people happy we can =D

• Like 1

Smaller player counts are more fun... they are less of a slug fest and one bad decision can lead to your quick demise. You really need to weigh things up and think much more quickly because you can't cover every possible avenue of attack like you can in 64 player games.

On the plus side though, smaller games means less people to try and co-ordinate. XD