Tiberium Sun is coming to visit us?

DenWellingston

8 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Well it's not rocket science there tuts but to spell it out for you: Before DenWellington didn't want anything new added to Ren X (Bike) but now here he's showcasing potential new additions. SMH

I already said that I was and will be against the myocycle. Only in boxes. As for the new technology, it will either be in the boxes or in the new mode. It no longer depends on me. If you do not like something, then make a separate server. Further, please do not hold a discussion on the topic of motorcycle here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Tiberium Sun units could help with some of the problems that Command & Conquer mode has with pacing. In other games as the game progresses then more items and tools would be available with the late game having everything including the kitchen sink. Thing is with Command & Conquer mode the mid game is the part with the most options and as buildings get destroyed options are taken away. 

So the solution to this problem is "tech" units aka Tiberium Sun. Now these units should not be more powerful than the tier 3 Infantry Classes and Vehicles that are available only when related structure is intact. A Tech structure won't replace a War Factory but it could give Titans and Wolverines as an option when Mammoth and Medium Tanks are no longer available. Also having to have a tech structure to supplement your base does thin out your defenses still making a destroyed Weapons Factory a minor Nod Victory.

Just my thoughts, but I like the idea that Renegade X takes place between Tiberium Dawn and Tiberium Sun, so it would be interesting to see some TS units start to mix in with the TD units. Still looking for GDI Jumpjet and Disc throwers as well as NOD Cyborg Infantry (autotracking chain gun) and Nod Cyborg Commando (Plasma Cannon). 

Edited by Marinealver
  • Like 2

Guest once upon the time

@DenWellingston

Den, you do not have to apologize because your topic is a pure information topic.
Unfortunately, someone does not seem to understand, even though he knows English, he did not understand the topic.
Reading and understanding is not always easy.
The nice thing is that not everyone has to speak English perfectly, you use Google Translate (and I often do) and try to reach everyone.
Keep up with your topic and keep people informed.
Visually I do not like most of the new stuff, somehow I do not like the design at all. But that's a matter of taste.

2 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

@DenWellingston

Den, you do not have to apologize because your topic is a pure information topic.
Unfortunately, someone does not seem to understand, even though he knows English, he did not understand the topic.
Reading and understanding is not always easy.
The nice thing is that not everyone has to speak English perfectly, you use Google Translate (and I often do) and try to reach everyone.
Keep up with your topic and keep people informed.
Visually I do not like most of the new stuff, somehow I do not like the design at all. But that's a matter of taste.

Thank! Of course I will update this forum page with the Album of the new fleet of vehicles. Here I posted everything that relates to the new update that God knows when it comes out. As soon as I find something else, I will inform Duscorde and refresh the page with new screenshots of 3D models of the new venichles. Well, I don’t forget about my project!

• Thanks 1

Most of the models look really nice, although I wouldn't want the game to start looking like Japanese next gen artwork too similar to Red Alert 3. But at what point does adding next generation vehicles make this a new game? Or is it only planned for a alternative game mode? I still like the original C&C gold models, so I wouldn't want everything just replaced with Tib Sun models. Thanks for putting in effort to develop the game further.

If true, I do find it remarkably odd that if someone were to reject one of the most basic and uncontroversial and possibly necessary vehicles to the game (the vanilla Nod bike) and then put forward a whole load of new content, it comes across as really quite controlling and hypocritical. I don't really want to go re-read the whole bike thread to learn if this is true, hence my IF statement, if it's not true then please ignore this last paragraph and don't feel offended.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mystic~ said:

Or is it only planned for a alternative game mode? I still like the original C&C gold models, so I wouldn't want everything just replaced with Tib Sun models. Thanks for putting in effort to develop the game further.

If true, I do find it remarkably odd that if someone were to reject one of the most basic and uncontroversial and possibly necessary vehicles to the game (the vanilla Nod bike) and then put forward a whole load of new content, it comes across as really quite controlling and hypocritical. I don't really want to go re-read the whole bike thread to learn if this is true, hence my IF statement, if it's not true then please ignore this last paragraph and don't feel offended.

In my opinion, either a separate Tiberium Sun mode, or additional content in boxes + with a City map
 for an addition to sweets (To play and create new cards, of course, with new content.). One thing I know for sure: a lot of work remains to be done on the game. Somewhere update the animation of weapons, somewhere update some models and sounds. Work there is no end. We just have to wait for an official answer from the developers, because they are silent like a stone.

marinealver, i thought this comment was very interesting.  

. In other games as the game progresses then more items and tools would be available with the late game having everything including the kitchen sink. Thing is with Command & Conquer mode the mid game is the part with the most options and as buildings get destroyed options are taken away. 

I agree it can go that way sometimes.....   i am not sure the game is intended for that, but it happens, sadly.   

• Agent unlocked this topic

I think just a selection of TSun units can be added as regular vehicle and classes in the game. So what we already have is 

• Recon Bike
  • Armored Buggy
  • Tick Tank
  • Hover MRLS
  • Wolverine
  • Titan

Things I would like to see for Infantry Classes are

• Jump Jet Infantry
  • Cyborg Commando (plasma cannon arm weapon)
  • Disc Thrower (just convert a disc-launcher into a GDI infantry weapon)
  • Cyborg Infantry (has an auto-tracking chain gun)

For aircraft

• Nod Banshee (with plasma cannons that Cyborg Commando uses)
  • Orca Bomber (Take the Orca and give it twin tails and carpet bombs)

Things that I think should be on the back burner and the ones that are likely going to be the most intensive as far as modding are subterranean units and the Mammoth Mk2. 

For subterranean units I think the classic mod just made them invisible and invincible following a burrow animation which creates the illusion but not very good in the game aspect. Instead I think the better solution would be a mapping solutions in which we make tunnels that only subterranean units (Subterranean APC, Devils Tongue) could use. We could also design certain infantry tunnels to be accessible to these vehicles. All you would have to do is put an instant infantry death dust cloud in front of it as these vehicles transverse these special paths. OF course the paths would have to be marked by some texture or mesh so that players can recognize it as a special subterranean path.

The Mammoth Tank Mk2 should be a moving building. Take the AGT and put it on a 4 legged chassis and add a railgun as it slowly proceeds along a single path or two straight to the Nod Base. The Nod team sees it coming, knows that it can slug it out against the Oblisik and win single-handedly, so it becomse sort of a secondary objective. 

I think that sets up a perfectly practical approach along with emphasizing the asymmetrical tactics both sides have. GDI is the powerhouse that will grind down a base if it is not struck down quickly. Nod is more subversive and can come in from multiple angels and ambush from behind.

21 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

@Marinealver I dont know if the Hover MRLS is changed now, but my last knowledge is/was, that the Hover MRLS is overpowered for the actual gameplay.

I don't know how they are en mass. I know one tends to not be such a problem and is easily taken out by a light tank or 2. I will say it does seem like GDI gets all the better stuff with Hover Vehicles and Walkers while Nod gets a Bike a Buggy and a Tank that can immobilize itself. I have seen some maps that make Titans and Tick Tanks standard vehicles. I think the best alternative is to put them behind a Tech Building that the sides have to capture to enable them.

• Like 1

Guest once upon the time

Some time ago (2 patches before) we looked at the data of Hover MRLS (not in wiki ).
The rate of fire, the speed, damage per Fire Sequence and all the other stuff, and you could see very well that the Hover MRLS is too strong. Furthermore (if not changed) with the Hover MRLS sometimes take paths that are actually not thought so. But I assume that none of the current maps this shortcoming still has.

4 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

Furthermore (if not changed) with the Hover MRLS sometimes take paths that are actually not thought so.

Ha! I remember! On Island, with the MRLS hover, I went to the GCD base from the sea to the Airfield! It is a pity that now this MRLS has become even less likely to appear.

• Haha 2

I like the Hover MRLS, it's much more powerful than in TIberian Sun, but it dies so easily and I rarely see anybody ever get one, but it can make a huge difference depending on the map. Maybe Nod could have a mightier artillery piece to keep things even, or perhaps even a digging tank like the Devil's Tongue that can move underground.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

Some time ago (2 patches before) we looked at the data of Hover MRLS (not in wiki ).
The rate of fire, the speed, damage per Fire Sequence and all the other stuff, and you could see very well that the Hover MRLS is too strong. Furthermore (if not changed) with the Hover MRLS sometimes take paths that are actually not thought so. But I assume that none of the current maps this shortcoming still has.

So I take it the weapons is stronger than the normal MRLS weapon. Why not just bring it down to the standard MRLS weapon? IMHO Renegade X is best placed between Tiberium Dawn and Tiberium Sun. So making a prototype that isn't as potent as the Tiberium Sun version would be the solution to this problem.

Guest once upon the time

I like them too, but i prefer them more on maps with water where you can go on the water. :)

@buttons when you look damage per minute , its strong (i forgett how many sequences was possible, but i think it was fatser than MRLS the reload , not sure :) )

It does not fit in this topic, but that's really a point why it's not that easy.
These vehicles would all have to be adjusted for the current gameplay and for that you need people to have the time to do it. If not just Crates.
I know it from experience (only too well) that it does not even work if no manpower is there. Best example for me is Mount Harbor. We use the TS Vehicle there, we also have 4 more jets that we could bring into play, but we lack the manpower.
We also have to adjust the whole game balance there.

Edited by once upon the time
I am old and forgett something :)

Well it is more than just balance but also the pacing of the game. You don't want things to be too much in balance otherwise matches take forever. But as far as having more vehicles than players that is an effect of having the vehicles spawn in instead of being purchased. Unless someone is buying multiple vehicles usually the purchase system is enough to make sure that the vehicles do not outnumber the players. Now how to add these vehicles/classes to the purchase window is something I don't know how hard that would be.

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah baby!

Oh yes!

No one asked and no one wanted, but he waited! Mobile sensor authorship Yaroslav Baryshev! Soon (More precisely: understand when the hell comes out) in the next update of Renegade X!
What?! And it's all?! Not! Hover MRLS, Devil's Trougle and the Banshee 3D model are also on the way. More precisely, its meat part. The skin still has to grow ....

yaroslav-baryshev-renders.thumb.jpg.0497f808d845182df58a967df04c29e6.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders4.thumb.jpg.4e2016100936e36d97c9cccfa79bc664.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders2.thumb.jpg.e3163636dde49fe3ac19963961e6598f.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders3.thumb.jpg.8ea807d9e3aa87109be638ebf4a76c5f.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders6.thumb.jpg.b66093d75cf34cac0c5e326dcd0f896f.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders5.thumb.jpg.e2eacdc06e1c155d62b0e2e83bff6e70.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders7.thumb.jpg.022124c0e06a3d45f34e021ffe6f066b.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders1.thumb.jpg.df9c4f443404d4b6af6a449c384015ed.jpg

783077898_yaroslav-baryshev-renders2(1).thumb.jpg.96a3c60c92c91a484a096b7469d4437a.jpg

1393451227_yaroslav-baryshev-renders3(1).thumb.jpg.30007a18b094e98414004d79e14af535.jpg

1035674460_yaroslav-baryshev-renders4(1).thumb.jpg.deee8a681191cf7a6aa407c8c3887c8c.jpg

698800606_yaroslav-baryshev-renders5(1).thumb.jpg.d341fdb10bd006b2b990466055b09422.jpg

207473739_yaroslav-baryshev-renders1(1).thumb.jpg.a590a9330c5538af761ffaa5a939a4e0.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders5-2.thumb.jpg.bf6e88189a0c1866dc784f4d23652814.jpg

1724042997_yaroslav-baryshev-renders2(2).thumb.jpg.2b1fc44d641b8c7d1b33cd55b5b7770e.jpg

1870649810_yaroslav-baryshev-renders4(2).thumb.jpg.3d5b83f36c60bd7e5093560f8ce5e548.jpg

2107491222_yaroslav-baryshev-renders3(2).thumb.jpg.d21450901eb5c6383ddb7daa5e5fda49.jpg

849065706_yaroslav-baryshev-renders5(2).thumb.jpg.f29bccb38aacc6d69e6cb36c29473ca3.jpg

706489696_yaroslav-baryshev-renders1(2).thumb.jpg.aaede7f2a60668548a4ac7729fe91e72.jpg

1316613839_yaroslav-baryshev-renders2(3).thumb.jpg.f9017b1951fae397bf8a10a306f125a5.jpg

392706278_yaroslav-baryshev-renders3(3).thumb.jpg.312a7dfe6f85ff18e39855784a143b8e.jpg

811757717_yaroslav-baryshev-renders4(3).thumb.jpg.4e6f42ad906f2a2afcadcb7b751238f8.jpg

615789194_yaroslav-baryshev-renders5(3).thumb.jpg.c73cabefac60aa28fce516b7e5b6157a.jpg

2103285258_yaroslav-baryshev-renders6(1).thumb.jpg.ddbce71837969c55a0b7b6ebed11ab77.jpg

769899239_yaroslav-baryshev-renders7(1).thumb.jpg.de1eed73d4c0b9c8dda6407e1aa53888.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-renders8.thumb.jpg.66e1e81047471fc10f2ec63cd4702880.jpg

98047375_579511616296938_6212182560257081344_o.thumb.jpg.f0b7e78253fdb28f92425ff7bbceb6f2.jpg

• Like 3

imagine if we have Banshees in RenX...
GDI commander: rush gunners meet BAR
PEW PEW PEW
GDI Barracks destroyed
GDI commander: ok pls where the hell are those reinforcements? and where's my wrench?
suddenly dies cuz Banshees have no mercy and will never let gdi heretics alive :P 

at least, if GDI want to send their Mammoth Mk II, we have our Banshees ready to destroy them ^_^ 

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:09 PM, DenWellingston said:

yaroslav-baryshev-5-2.thumb.jpg.88ac1d0f70f55064db336765632ceb96.jpg

yaroslav-baryshev-rendergif.thumb.gif.7fbca92cd32a77438141113809561d7f.gif

Are you sure these candy-cane modifications are real? Although that green version looks kinda cool it makes little sense to create all these colorschemes right? Unless they intend to have 6 different neon-colored factions fight each other.

You also have to wonder what it would bring to the table. We have the current Stank. This new version looks lower... And that's it? What would it add to the current gameplay? What would the Garpy (:P) add to the already existing Apache and Orca? It has the same setup of guns+missiles.

This kind of question would go for most of the concept art. The Mobile Artillery (same name? That's going to be confusing) is deployed and an easy target. The concept has it fire upwards in an arc. Considering they just removed the shoot-around-corners ability of the MRLS why would they be adding a non-LOS vehicle to the game right now? And to balance it's vulnerability when deployed would it fire mini-nukes? How do you even balance out it's range in RenX's maps? And the Mobile Sensor Array? Would make Stealth gameplay rather useless. The detection range of that thing would need to be very VERY carefully calibrated to be not too powerful but still worth sacrificing a vehicle slot over. And what does the NOD Buggy offer over the Humvee and existing Buggy? Or the Bison APC over the current APC? It needs to offer a unique gameplay niche so it fits in the current game. And that is ignoring how game-breaking it would be to have an APC or Devil's Tongue pop up somewhere in your base.

3 hours ago, Movoza said:

Can you link me to the news? I don't see it? And how will we balance tunneling vehicles? Can we at least drill through gates, as in the victory (or loss for GDI suckers) video? Is there gameplay footage?

If I had gameplay, you would be the first to know about it. Nevertheless, I can reap a link to one of the main modders of military vehicles.

https://www.artstation.com/aetebo

12 hours ago, DenWellingston said:

If I had gameplay, you would be the first to know about it. Nevertheless, I can reap a link to one of the main modders of military vehicles.

https://www.artstation.com/aetebo

So this guy is affiliated with RenegadeX? How is this a credible source?

I mean I would be the first on the Tiberian Sun bandwagon, but I just don't see these functioning in RenegadeX. Maps are too smsll for scanners and tunnelers and how different would the stank be? New art styles for the heli, stank and hover mrls are great and the banshee might be the only viable new option.

For me the Titan, bike and hover are nice things from crates, but if a devils tongue would suddenly come up from the ground it would break the game a bit for me....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Movoza said:

I mean I would be the first on the Tiberian Sun bandwagon, but I just don't see these functioning in RenegadeX

So in the game you will not find these models. Even in the SDK. It’s just prayer, but created for the game (I’m still silent about the fact that on the model of the technician you still need to write a code, animate, add sound and visual effects, not to mention the test). If these models of equipment come out officially, then you will find out in the official news of the group, and not from me.

• Like 1

The mobile sensor array, devil's tongue, hover MRLS all look very good - but is anyone willing to code and implement them into the game with all the necessary animations? I wanted a stealth sweep ability as a commander power, but maybe a vehicle would be better, you could set it for a periodic sweep so it's not too powerful, define a fair range of base coverage and cool down and give it appropriate health. As GDI you would have to watch your rear flank unless all your repairs get incinerated. I don't like the stealth tank of the remodelled Apache, but the banshee looks good so far, but would only accept it if GDI also got the Orca bomber or carry-all.

17 hours ago, Movoza said:

So this guy is affiliated with RenegadeX? How is this a credible source?

I mean I would be the first on the Tiberian Sun bandwagon, but I just don't see these functioning in RenegadeX. Maps are too smsll for scanners and tunnelers and how different would the stank be? New art styles for the heli, stank and hover mrls are great and the banshee might be the only viable new option.

For me the Titan, bike and hover are nice things from crates, but if a devils tongue would suddenly come up from the ground it would break the game a bit for me....

Some of the newer maps are much larger like Outposts, Steppe, Eyes; map makers are now making larger maps with the 60 player limit. Could implement new air vehicles with a helipad, which existed in one of Ken'z maps (C&C Beachhead tutorial map) that was pulled for some reason, or put them in crates (mark vehicle crates with a different colour).

You could for example make the devil's tongue warn people first by making the ground shake and rumble before exiting, so they know something is coming, albeit not precisely where, and dig duration animation would be crucial to balance, so it's not like being shot by an SBH by surprise but not so slow it's just useless. Just because it can appear somewhere, doesn't mean it has massive health or armour, even in Tib-Sun they needed to be in numbers to work effectively and there are counters to them, vulnerable to EMP and sensors.

All this aside though, there's already a full Tiberian Sun game made like original Renegade. Fun to think about and I like seeing the extent to which someone has made these model assets viable for the game.

Edited by Mystic~
  • Like 2

The mobile sensor array, devil's tongue, hover MRLS all look very good - but is anyone willing to code and implement them into the game with all the necessary animations?

<...>

Fun to think about and I like seeing the extent to which someone has made these model assets viable for the game.

I actually love the idea of the scanner being periodic! It could make it work in RenX. And the bigger maps could host some more interesting flight stuff. I'm curious how to make the bomber work though. I would love an attack style airplane, balancing it with AA. If AA is there it has a great chance to be stopped. If not, it'll be able to wreck the shit out of stuff if flying well. For the devils tongue you would need low armour and preventing it to come up directly in bases, but it might have a place in the game. Still sceptical though, but that doesn't mean I'm immune to sexy thoughts of more TS in RenegadeX.

Do you mean "A path beyond" as a full Tib Sun Renegade game? Isn't that where they got the models of hover MRLS and Titan?

• Like 2

which I think existed in one of Ken'z maps that was pulled for some reason

That map was purely made to test some things, not for playing.
Also it is most likely has been lost over these years.
And the helipad that was featured there wasn't a building but something akin to Abandoned WF on Crash Site.

22 minutes ago, Movoza said:

Do you mean "A path beyond" as a full Tib Sun Renegade game? Isn't that where they got the models of hover MRLS and Titan?

It's called Tiberian Sun Reborn or Reborn for short. A Path Beyond is RA1 adaptation to Renegade gameplay. And yes, current TS venicles use models from Reborn.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

which I think existed in one of Ken'z maps that was pulled for some reason,

The map in question was made for the sole purpose to serve as a demonstration in Kenz's YouTube Renegade X mapping series, in which the maestro builds a map from scratch. It was never meant to be finished/released. Given the mapping tutorial, thusly the map in question being 5 years old, I think there would be quite a lot of work to do if someone would wish to bring it to working order.

P.s. here's the aforementioned tutorial series:

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Ah, thanks, yes that's it, I thought it was quite good map really, but I still I don't understand why so many maps get pulled before they've been properly tried out. Training Yard was quite a nice map, renamed to something else but eventually disappeared, the one with the huge infantry only hill in the middle and I bet there's lots more I can't remember now.

Some people had been producing a super sized map with models of a mig-fighter and the GDI fixed wing fighter that functionally work, but I think there's some problems to resolve before allowing it to be tested with a full server of people and I imagine it must be so resource intensive it would break on many people's machines. I wouldn't mind some of this new stuff being introduced onto some of these newer maps just like it has been done on Crash Site which I think is the working benchmark for introducing none standard vehicles. Although I can see someone producing a 'fun' version of Field with just tib vehicles, because this map won't ever die. Even if they produce a new FPS C&C game, it will have Field in it.

So are these models part of what Havoc89 is teasing about in the other thread?

By the way, I'm not bitching about Beach Head, but it was put on a demo server for people to test it, so I thought at the time that it may reasonably have expected it to end up as playable map, I don't build maps, so I never watched your YouTube series.

Edited by Mystic~
  • Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finally this is becoming real! I've always wanted this to be a reality. Thanks guys for making this dream come true. I really need a game like this to play one day. I hope it looks better than Tiberian Sun Reborn... No offense. but man Imagine Immersive yourself into the TS world where the future becomes real in front of you or even make a TS campaign if possible. Thanks for my dream game come true lol. I've always wanted think myself about making a game like that become a reality and I thought you guys weren't gonna make it but I'm glad. I can't wait until its release. Great Job Commander!

• Like 2