CQC Mod follow up

ex_member

We have the CQC Mod for a while and it seem to work for the majority.
Nevertheless, wanted to ask if there are any considerations that should be done per unit or even per veterancy level, e.g. are there any units or veterancy levels that should be tweaked a bit.

I notice some players complaining about Patch being OP now.

Patch was always a very good unit, especially for 450 creds, perhaps with CQC it gets even better.

Imao somehow the SBH and their damage per shot are amazing now.

Considering that they can ambush you any time,  perhaps reducing the overall damage caused to infantry would balance the fact that they are stealth.

idk, what do you think ?

But this is exaclty what I wanted to ask, is there anything else that needs to be examined and tweaked to get the most out of the CQC Mod and not ruin the balance elsewhere ?

Any ideas or suggestions ?

• Totem Arts Staff

Best thing about Patch complaints, is the fact that his actual TTK is higher in the CQC mod since his headshot damage isnt through the roof and he gets less free damage off of just shooting the ground around you. The grenade is Patch's only real great equalizer. 

Alot of people say the flame trooper has become unbalanced because of the cqc mod. I don't really agree. Sure, the flame trooper will absofreakinglutely shred your HP in a second if you get near him, but your mistake was getting near the man with a flamethrower in the first place. The flame trooper shines at what he should be used for, extremely close quartered combat centered around ambushing your opponent. He is now capable of winning pretty much any engagement against tier 1 infantry provided you hit the majority of your fuel tank and are up close and personal. Above tier 1 inf, and you will likely have not killed your enemy provided they were at full health and you didn't hit every single fuel unit. This is the perfect balance for this infantry in my opinion. You are unsurpassed in close quarters combat against tier 1 inf and you need to avoid higher tiered inf unless they are already weakened.

Above all else, I actually enjoy using flame troopers with this mod. I never used them before.

On a side note the soldier infantry feels like heaven to use as well with this mod.

In general, and after having given this mod some time, I think it is pretty much perfect.

Just look at the before and after pictures of flamethowers, I think we can all agree it's a good change.

n1.jpg

2018-02-01-image-4.jpg

• Haha 2

Not really mod related, but giving out the carbine and tib-flechette gun for free to Ravs, Sydneys, Havoc and Sakura was a mistake in my opinion, give them a heavy pistol or machine pistol at most, as you're no longer rewarded for dodging their long shots and getting up close to engage, because all of a sudden they're a different class and can defend themselves up close as good as any other mid level character making them rather op. I would still give Gunner something like a shot gun.

Just commenting on last night's almost 2 hour long game of Under, Dozer (Poi) racked up something like 120+ kills over an hour and basically camped GDI infantry in base, was eventually accused of cheating (probably false and unjustified imo) and then people vote kicked him/her, which was both sad and funny at the same time as I was not sorry to see said player leave due to the amount of frustration I was experiencing and not enjoying the game, although the player quickly rejoined and were now on the 'wrong team' and we won, unsurprisingly- this applies to other similarly skilled players as well of course and not sure if the mod makes all that much difference if its a global change, I suspect the mod was more than just an anti-poi handicap tho. Some players are so disproportionately good at aiming compared to everyone else it creates a massive imbalance swing and a lot of lost fun for whoever's on the opposing team. In an ideal world there would be both pro and intermediate servers running, but we lack the player base.

• Like 2

Guest once upon the time

Poi / Dienoob or whatever (excuse too many name changes all the time) certainly will not cheated.
Poi has a very good Aim that makes what Poi consciously or unconsciously (I can not judge) it destroys the fun by their way of playing for the others.
The Poi welcomed this last change was very clear to me because it came back to her good.
But do not change that she does not use unfair stuff in my opinion.

Other good snipers will also like these changes.

4 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I would still give Gunner something like a shot gun.

I don't think gunner needs this. He can be quite deadly for almost any unit, including Doza in a short range combat. So many players are just jumping and spamming the ground with missles.

Some players are so disproportionately good at aiming compared to everyone else it creates a massive imbalance swing and a lot of lost fun for whoever's on the opposing team.

You will have this discrepancy in almost every game. They all deal with it in a different or similar ways, e.g. fill up games based on player skill/level, add abilities and classes that don't require much aim skill and similar.

But I am not sure what would be the best way to implement it in RenX.

but giving out the carbine and tib-flechette gun for free to Ravs, Sydneys, Havoc and Sakura was a mistake in my opinion

regarding Havoc/Sakura, they are nerf to a level where playing them requires a decent skill and game awareness. In other terms, they are already nerfed enough and imao easy to kill if you get close enough.

Regarding POI,
imao fighting against her feels like fighting a human, not like fighting somebody using aimbot/triggerbot or any other shit !

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, ex_member said:

Regarding POI,
imao fighting against her feels like fighting a human, not like fighting somebody using aimbot/triggerbot or any other shit !

I don't know why JPoi get so much of the stick - considering we have other players who are just as skillful / if not better who constantly fly under the radar, such as Dr.schrott --who (in my view) could easily give jpoi a run for their money with a sniper rifle orConfuser as a doza / mobi to name a few.

I've managed to kill jpoi many times (and I am terrible) but it doesn't help when 99% of us mindlessly charge at these players with no thought or tactic.

regarding Havoc/Sakura, they are nerf to a level where playing them requires a decent skill and game awareness. In other terms, they are already nerfed enough and imao easy to kill if you get close enough.

I partly disagree, the combine they have as a side arm is no joke and can pack one hell of a punch if used correctly. Granted they have no armour but they have virtually unlimited range and good speed, unless you are crazy and get too close the only real counter to a sniper is a sniper / marksman.

Edited by TomUjain