Should I Fix Fort?

roweboat

Should Fort Be Fixed?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Resurrect Fort?

• Sure!
    • Nah, it sucks. Beyond Saving.

• Totem Arts Staff

So I've always liked Fort, thought it was semi-unique. But beyond the broken code, it needs some tweaks.

Keep in mind I don't know anything about the SDK, much coding language (a little html but that's it). So I'll have to learn it. But I want to learn how to make a map,

So I figured fixing Fort could be a good start.

Wanted to see what ya'll think first.

Edited by roweboat
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I was just thinking about this when Fort was mentioned in game earlier.

The reality is, I hardly have the time or energy more than a few hours or days a week. And to completely learn the coding needed to fix Fort, I really just don't have the ambition to do it.

1 minute ago, Snow said:

what is "Fort" ?

It's one of old maps that had Fort and Medical Center tech buildings. First one when captured would give you access to buying TS venicles in your base from PT(Purchase Terminal), while latter would give +50 max HP to all infantry on your team and passive regeneration of 1HP/s(you might have seen in on Fffeak's IslandXtra map on CT Marathon).

The map itself became broken after an update that gave modders an ability to add whichever venicles they want into PT.

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Snow said:

what is "Fort" ?

"Baby don't hurt me, no more..."

lol, as people here said. 
i wonder how much would it excite players now that we have that self regeneration. guess we have to think of new feautre to add later on. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

So played a really nice public match on Fort, and one awfully quick and over PUG on Fort... I think the field needs more spot lights around the fort centre area, because it's really dark and needs some more atmosphere. The bases are also still really far apart and I still think there needs to be something to speed up moving around bases as it's so slow and frustrating, weren't you working on some sort of teleporter before? What about the jump pads you see in Satisfactory that propel you into the air? or hyper-tubes? These idea could work for Ren. When one side holds the middle fort, the next gen vehicles make it a bit one sided so I don't know if there's a way of allowing both sides to capture something in order to allow both team to produce from it.

Edited by Mystic~
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey Mystic , 

you mean the fort structure it self need some lighting?  , ill see what can be done for it. 

about the distance between buildings, we added repair facility and tried to make sure mrls or arty won't be able to hit the bases from tricky spots. 
so the buildings must stay where they are.  
regarding the teleporters yes we have built them and they work just fine but due to map design it was decided not to use them.  the teleporters are kinda like scrin theme, and the map Fort doesn't related to scrin so, it's a bit strange.

i don't remember what jump pads you mentioning.

and if a team holds the middle fort and get their tanks over there, you can still destroy the debris near barrakcs\air strip (if i recall right) and nuke\ion\rocket\doza\mob\sneaky hottie\sneaky techh\sbh or what ever,  those buildings are really close and if you fast enough with teamates coordination you can take that buildings out or sneak quietly to ref and then to WF and so on.  
TL; DR - use the new paths.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, kira said:

regarding the teleporters yes we have built them and they work just fine but due to map design it was decided not to use them.  the teleporters are kinda like scrin theme, and the map Fort doesn't related to scrin so, it's a bit strange.

Rest in Pieces Teleporters, gone too soon. 🥳😇😭

• Sad 1

Yeah, but the whole problem was not being able to move from one end of the base to the other quickly enough, I don't get the point in whatever it was you were doing. I do like the new path changes though. I don't think anybody's going to play this in a pug again anytime soon as it was just rushed thru. 

But seriously, a hyper-tube launcher seems realistic and in fitting with the factory theme as it's not some magical barrier or science fiction teleporter. People can just deploy a parachute once in the air to move about, you just have to build the accelerator loop and find an appropriate place to put them... I remember there used to be an accelerator ladder in x-mountain that did the same thing that could work.

• Haha 1

you mean the fort structure it self need some lighting?  , ill see what can be done for it. 

It's a dark and gloomy map if I recall, yeah, I think there should be some sort of power generated flood lights for lighting up the fort. 😁

It's a long distance to run if you spawn near Airstrip tower but need to run to Hon or Refinery, same for Bar to Refinery or Weapons Factory. These are the mechanical jump pads used in Satisfactory, they're much more in keeping with the technology of GDI/Nod.

I reckon the central cut out in the rocks directly in front of each refinery needs to be a V or Zig Zag cut so it's not so easy to drive through or begin shooting in a straight line from the base entrance.

Angers_4.jpg

Edited by Mystic~