Dawn of Tiberium Age

Marinealver

So just wondering has anyone tried a Tiberium Sun mode called Dawn of the Tiberium Age?

Basically it is Tiberium Dawn vs Red Alert (1) units using the same engine that was used for Tiberium Sun. I guess fluff-wise it is the aftermath of the Soviet Campaign and the predecessor to the first Command & Conquer game. So you have Allied vs GDI vs Soviet vs Nod and all of them in a 4 way role as Allies and Soviets are replaced by GDI and Nod. Now on the Soviet vs Nod missions Nod changes their color. Also it gives GDI and Nod both a Naval Yard and their own Naval Units. It has removed the Chronospher and Iron Curtain, basically for superweapons everyone has a nuke except GDI which has their signature Ion Cannon strike.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:34 AM, Handepsilon said:

I've only heard about it and that it's a decent mod (and apparently has a level of savagery on the missions?) 

Well since I am not using the mobile game this has been part of my C&C Renaissance. Much like Renegade the stand-alone mod is available for free download. Although be sure to disable the full screen to change the client resolution.

Woops, a topic has already been made.

Edited by Marinealver

The mod itself is cool, but the tiberian sun engine is more or less a big pain in the ass.

Chrono and Iron Curtain for example is not possible to implement and the game crashes very often.

But whatever its worth trying out and thanks to the engine its legal to download everything via the launcher so .. try it out!

who knows.. maybe somthing happenes in the future ..*cough*

meaning the mod isnt dead ...

EEt0fjZ.png

q6NE2eP.png

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 11:32 PM, scrin-124678 said:

The mod itself is cool, but the tiberian sun engine is more or less a big pain in the ass.

Chrono and Iron Curtain for example is not possible to implement and the game crashes very often.

But whatever its worth trying out and thanks to the engine its legal to download everything via the launcher so .. try it out!

who knows.. maybe somthing happenes in the future ..*cough*

meaning the mod isnt dead ...

EEt0fjZ.png

q6NE2eP.png

Yeah, from what I understand it is real easy to make units but then again real hard to do other stuff. Tried the Allies and their Chrono Tank which just builds in at a rally point. I guess you can have it jump to any point in the map before you undeploy it. Then once it is undeployed it is just a railgun tank with missiles. So a glass canon that has more firepower than a mammoth but dies easily. Funny the subterenan units you think it might be a perfect for chrono tanks and iorn curtain tanks as it become invisible and invincible but in buried mode it has so many other things going on. It doesn't allow for instant transport (a speed increase is all you get).  It doesn't allow for attacks (so that is the iron curtain gone I guess).

Maybe another option would be to simply port the assets to open RA.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:40 PM, Marinealver said:

Yeah, from what I understand it is real easy to make units but then again real hard to do other stuff. Tried the Allies and their Chrono Tank which just builds in at a rally point. I guess you can have it jump to any point in the map before you undeploy it. Then once it is undeployed it is just a railgun tank with missiles. So a glass canon that has more firepower than a mammoth but dies easily. Funny the subterenan units you think it might be a perfect for chrono tanks and iorn curtain tanks as it become invisible and invincible but in buried mode it has so many other things going on. It doesn't allow for instant transport (a speed increase is all you get).  It doesn't allow for attacks (so that is the iron curtain gone I guess).

Maybe another option would be to simply port the assets to open RA.

About that subterenian logic for chrono tank youre talking about will happen but it will cut the nod termite away.

Porting it to Open RA would be good but sadly wont happen any time soon, as far I remember the DTA staff talked way back in 2015 about that where they came to a conclusion that Open RA has to improve before that will happen.

The lastest changed what DTA received are not my taste because they cut units away or just change them into somthing else.

• Thanks 1