TIBERAN DAWN RECON BIKE POLL

roweboat

ADD TIBERAN DAWN RECON BIKE TO ALL MAPS  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Recon Bike Be Added To Main Roster?

• Yes
    • Yes - Only certain maps
    • No

• Totem Arts Staff

Serious, Simple Poll.

Basically how I see the discussion currently - alot of theory, but I say, YES LETS TRY IT. 

Worst case, it can be removed 😃

I understand both sides. the "cool, sexy" factor of the bike... and the balance issues it creates...

image.png.90241e0ad6fc9ced80f00ba21ce31613.png

It would be a cheaper anti aircraft vehicle than the stealth tank. I would consider it an okay tier 2 vehicle especially if we get more aircraft maps.

But yeah I do find it funny that Nod has more different types of vehicles than GDI, it is like GDI's doctrine is just take Mammoth Tanks and that is all you need.

• Totem Arts Staff

It actually is still very powerful though. It is still much quicker than anything GDI has. currently the humvee and buggy are very similar but different.

So yes, far less powerful than attack cycle, but the question is, what good stratagies exist to combat the bike by GDI *every* time?

GDI's main advantage has always been armour, once they've massed it's almost impossible to stop them. Nod can't do this, it has to do smart things, cloak & dagger and use speed and surprise much more, which I think the bike would compliment quite well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roweboat said:

It actually is still very powerful though. It is still much quicker than anything GDI has. currently the humvee and buggy are very similar but different.

So yes, far less powerful than attack cycle, but the question is, what good stratagies exist to combat the bike by GDI *every* time?

Alright I just got my hands on one. I was playing on the map Field, I'm on Nod, and one of our guys gets it from a crate, brings it back to base, and gives it to me for a test drive. LOL, it is wonky as FUCK, and it's not very powerful at all, what with the slow reload time and slippery-as-hell turn rates. I dunno what you're talking about. In order for this Recon Bike to be powerful, the driver needs to be an EXPERT, so that's fine, it's not OP by design, in fact it has a steep learning curve. Seriously, make one wrong turn and BOOM! You are done, stuck up a wall. The thing's turn rate is soooo sensitive. While accelerating, you just need to tap the directional key once; don't hold it down for more than one millisecond because then the bike turns around waaaay too far. Then there's turning without accelerating, which is in it's own category of sensitivity, lol, it's like two different worlds.

And the fucking camera, my god, first person and 3rd is just out of control..... did we drive the same thing? There's no way in hell the Recon Bike in it's current state can adversely affect the current meta game, so you have nothing to worry about. There are plenty of counters to the bike, all of which are applicable to the buggy as well; anything that kills the buggy good kills the bike good.

Don't stifle a new idea. That just leads to nothing.

37 minutes ago, Mystic~ said:

GDI's main advantage has always been armour, once they've massed it's almost impossible to stop them. Nod can't do this, it has to do smart things, cloak & dagger and use speed and surprise much more, which I think the bike would compliment quite well.

Yes Nod has always done cloak and dagger stuff in the original Renegade game and in the other C&C games; again, the bike was supposed to be in the original game. The only thing to worry about with the Recon Bike is if it becomes too efficient at early game rushes - say you mass 10 bikes to hit the AGT, well by that time GDI should have tunnel rushed and c4'd a building or two. Amassing those bikes was equivalent to amassing light tanks, just 100 bucks cheaper, less armored and less powerful, but faster.

Again, not much will be changed. Or your money back ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

I got a feeling the guys who voted no are either Steven Universe fans or-.....

I would appreciate it if you can cease your provocations at once. This has nothing to do with the discussion and should never be brought up into the topic

• Like 1

• HIHIHI locked this topic