Renegade X: Patch 5.390 Released

Totem Arts

• Totem Arts Staff

Rx_GameUpdate.thumb.png.4a703f8e86c69cb35bc953357dcf2573.png

Welcome Back Commander!

Patch 5.390 fixes some issues introduced in the previous patch related to the scoreboard and the camera. It also includes a slew of other bug fixes, and several new features, including Airstrip elevators, and a crate we're sure you'll all learn to enjoy.

(If you're wondering why this is under general, it's so as not to disturb that recruitment ad)  

362866972_FullChangelog.png.a060577b72aed97b6b1fa17fe9f474d4.png.7741cfcaa4f420dab4f7542c178e669f.png

Spoiler

| Additions |

• Added Kamikaze crate type.
  • Added more rush tactics for AI
  • Added elevator to Airstrip Tower that has ramps

| Balance |

• Increased Recon Bike health from 200 to 250

| Quality of Life |

• Added pathing check so commander won't get the harvester stuck.
  • Added TeamMode 5, which takes out the requirement to have an even team to swap. Should be useful for testing servers (login team assignment doesn't change)
  • Deathmatch no longer spawns you as a random character
  • Deathmatch has its own time limit (DefaultRenegadeX.ini)
  • Deathmatch characters all have no armour type and 100/100 health
  • The game should be less likely to forget you on crashes and rejoins
  • Re-added CnC-Daybreak to the default rotation
  • Commander targets are now coloured based on the target's health (From green > yellow > red) 

| Gameplay |

• Bots will continue rushing late-game using Chemical Troopers and McFarlands.
  • Repair facility and Team Silo are no longer mandatory to destroy by default and thus will not show up in scoreboard and HUD. Editable by mapper.

| Visual/Audio |

• Server name is now shown on top of the scoreboard.
  • Repair facility will now show up in scoreboard, provided it's significant (by default it's not)
  • Donation message will stop showing decimals.
  • Scoreboard will show a maximum of 32 players a team from now on.
  • Commander targets are now colored based on the target's health
  • Skirmish menu's game mode tab is now functional and editable using DefaultMenu.ini. Any menus listed in the config file will not show up in the menu if there are no maps it can use.
  • Cruise missile jet engine is now grouped under 'cinematic' sound
  • Updated Mutant Raveshaw textures
  • Vehicle sounds should now cause less audio dropping
  • Added 'Commando' Killsound (CnC95 Commando quotes)

| Bug Fixes |

• Fixed the camera resetting to its default position when crouching and placing mines.
  • Fixed scoreboard chat scrolling *up* instead of *down* when new message pops up.
  • Fixed Mammoth's cannons firing when rockets are done reloading.
  • Fixed end game scoreboard countdown not beeping for the last 10 seconds
  • Fixed scoreboard's minuscule size discrepancy
  • Fixed Recon bike firing 'phantom' rocket duplicates online
  • Fixed Vote menu kicking the wrong person
  • Players should now be able to access pause menu properly during endgame.
  • Veterancy crates should actually show up as giving veterancy now
  • Scoreboard will now show destroyed buildings correctly.
  • C4 should no longer block players from shooting
  • Fixed projectiles shooting from the middle of characters
  • Donation message now states the correct donator
  • Pedestal Beacon slowmo is now handled in the beacon itself to prevent permanent slowmo.
  • Maps should now default to the map's designated gametype in WorldInfo as opposed to UTGame
  • Landing while zooming with scoped weapon should no longer revert players to normal speed as opposed to walking speed
  • Fixed instanthit weapons playing 2 soundcues on impact in skirmish

| Maps |

• Fixed kismet-related map gimmicks (EMP on Arctic, defenses on Hourglass, dam on Reservoir, meteors on Crash Site)

Canyon

• Fixed harvester pathing

Cliffside

• Improved overall pathing

Complex

• Removed unintentional hiding spot *inside* some of the rocks

Deck

• Added weapon pickups
  • Removed several crates

Eyes

• Fixed harvester pathing.
  • Removed a third repair pad that prevented GDI from losing.

Hourglass

• [BUG] the Uplink now will give the advanced defense towers an upgrade every time.
  • The obnoxious alarm should no longer be present.
  • Defense Building announcement message lasts longer.

Mesa

• Simplified Navpoint distribution

Oasis

• Increased vehicle limit to 8 from 6
  • Increased Airstrike cooldown to 120s from 30s

Reservoir

• Blocking volumes of Airstrip changed to only block vehicles.

Snow

• Fixed beacom exploit that would've destroyed Weapons Factory from the vehicle tunnel

| SDK |

• Added 'bSignificant' boolean to modify if the building is part of the victory condition, and whether to show it in HUD.
  • Rx_Bot_Scripted is now de-facto nonplayer and should no longer give 'left the game' message when killed.
  • Added a 'RepairFactory' class for customizations to the building. All Repair Facilities now extend from this class.
  • HUD Overview class can now be changed by mutators

| Known Issues |

• Hourglass shouldn't be in any rotations as it has a BROKEN AGT/Obi 
  • The respawn timer still doesn't count down properly 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Totem Arts said:

Rx_GameUpdate.thumb.png.4a703f8e86c69cb35bc953357dcf2573.png

Welcome Back Commander!

Patch 5.390 fixes some issues introduced in the previous patch related to the scoreboard and the camera. It also includes a slew of other bug fixes, and several new features, including Airstrip elevators, and a crate we're sure you'll all learn to enjoy.

(If you're wondering why this is under general, it's so as not to disturb that recruitment ad)  

362866972_FullChangelog.png.a060577b72aed97b6b1fa17fe9f474d4.png.7741cfcaa4f420dab4f7542c178e669f.png

Hide contents

Hourglass

• [BUG] the Uplink now will give the advanced defense towers an upgrade every time.

| Known Issues |

• Hourglass shouldn't be in any rotations as it has a BROKEN AGT/Obi

What KIND of upgrade? lol!

Someday Hourglass will return to us 😃

What I'd really like to see is the return of Fort... Maybe i'll consider learning map making just for that. Or is there complicated code with that map that make it unplayable? I forget the situation.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, roweboat said:

What I'd really like to see is the return of Fort... Maybe i'll consider learning map making just for that. Or is there complicated code with that map that make it unplayable? I forget the situation.

Complicated? No. It's just time that no programmer want's to put into it

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 5:58 AM, Carlos_Mendoza said:

go to terminal, choose character by mouse double click and quickly press A+S

I know what you mean. On older CPU's like AMD Athlon II x4, the game lags slightly while you interact with the purchase terminals. In particular there's a slight frame freeze after purchasing a new character class and quickly exiting the menu. That's your fault; unless the devs can rework the Unreal 3 engine or whatever it's called (which even if they could they they wont because its far too much work) they can't help you. Help yourself and learn English - you sound half retarded.

Naw I'm just kidding, you sound fine. Anyways, back to the Recon Bike - YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, AND MORE YES. Now put it on the main roster for purchasable Nod vehicles and we're golden.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:35 AM, euan-missile said:

YESSS! Amazing content, ill be honest I really lost interest in everything else in the post when I had saw that recon bike, so I just had to try it out. (it's my fav old ren vehicle) 

I was very happy it actually animates & handles like a motorcycle and not a two-wheeled jeep like the attack cycle does, but overall actually kinda disappointed in this rec bike, the torque value is incredibly low and sprinting is non-existent. I found that it doesn't sprint on any incline gradient, only on completely flat/downhill surfaces. It's sprint speed I think is the same peak as the attack cycle, but the acceleration feels unstable and inconsistent. Sprinting is frustrating. The cruising speed feels very low too, around that of the humvee or buggy. 

Though it's pretty good health wise, it can tank 2 shots from mammoth 120mm cannon, leaving it nearly destroyed, and takes 5 med tank direct hits to kill it. But I don't think the bikes are supposed to be "slow and tanky" though. 

It fires 4 TOW rockets that are split into 2 magazines, they're stronger individually than the attack cycle rockets but since there is much less of them it's overall alot weaker, though it has a much quicker reloading time. I feel like the damage output is only slightly less overall than the equivalent stealth tank; the Heroic animation for the rockets is the same as the stealth tanks.  

The TOW rockets glitch when firing locked onto targets that are at positioned 5-6-7 o'clock behind the Recon bike, the TOW rockets stall slowly in mid-air as they turn backwards to the target, the animation of the rockets then detonate prematurely because the flight time expires, -- but the projectile still hits the intended target as an invisible weapon (i'm guessing because it follows original distance-to-travel even if the animation doesn't) 

Overall the bike is basically a faster but weaker stealth tank,  but considerably slower & less powerful than the current Attack cycle. Oh, and in terms of appearance I think it's rather small :( Plus i'm not a fan of it being open-top, I do like seeing the NOD style handlebars and dashboard, (esp in first person) but it just would look so much better if the fairings encapsulated the whole vehicle. Makes it more mysterious that way, which was also the reason why I love NOD vehicles because you never know whats inside.

And also, this was all with Elite rank so take it with a pinch of salt.  

QUOTED FOR RELEVANCE - DEVS YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GUY, HE SPEAKS TRUTH. We want the Recon Bike mother fucking GOLDEN! So you gotta up the stats - currently it's too slow, doesn't accelerate like it should, and damage output is weak, although the health seems fairly high. Lower the health a tad and buff the rest a bunch. Actually you better PM this guy (euan-missile) for proper specifics.

We have the Recon Bike. Good job boys! Now we just need to perfect it.

• Confused 1

• Totem Arts Staff

It's just a regular sound effect has nothing to do with that

13 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

On Tomb there is a hawk sound effect which activates by the GDI Guard Tower, taping any directional key triggers the Hawk. 
Tapping in the correct combination allows you to remix the Hawk sound effect on this map, may want to sort out the Hawk sound effect @TK0104 unless its a game issue

11 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

On older CPU's like AMD Athlon II x4, the game lags slightly while you interact with the purchase terminals. In particular there's a slight frame freeze after purchasing a new character class and quickly exiting the menu. That's your fault; unless the devs can rework the Unreal 3 engine or whatever it's called (which even if they could they they wont because its far too much work) they can't help you.

bug exists on all CPUs, intel i5 430M, intel i7 6700hq, amd ryzen 2700x and its not my fault

you sound half retarded.

because i am half retarded, dont offend me

On 10/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, Carlos_Mendoza said:

bug exists on all CPUs, intel i5 430M, intel i7 6700hq, amd ryzen 2700x and its not my fault

because i am half retarded, dont offend me

Interesting, I thought it only happened on my older computer. I must not have noticed it on my better system. In that case I take it back - it's not your fault it's the engine's fault.

lol, damn, I'm disappointed to learn that you are actually half retarded. Where you inoculated as a child? Because that would explain it.

• Totem Arts Staff
20 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Interesting, I thought it only happened on my older computer. I must not have noticed it on my better system. In that case I take it back - it's not your fault it's the engine's fault.

lol, damn, I'm disappointed to learn that you are actually half retarded. Where you inoculated as a child? Because that would explain it.

Stay on topic please.

I still haven't seen an actual video of this bug nor have I ever heard of it before.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, buttons said:

I still haven't seen an actual video of this bug nor have I ever heard of it before

Oh I've definitely noticed it on my older potato system, with only 4 gigs of RAM and nVidia 640 lmao. This Carloz Mendoza guy is probably lying - although some of his CPUs might be OK, his rig overall is not up to snuff. With my new rig I might encounter that lag bug once in a blue moon during 64 player matches with lots of explosions going on.

@Carlos_Mendoza Who are you? Whats your name on MPF, Rencorner and IA? Are you that aaaaaaaaa guy? Or MateNone? One of those airhead guys who can't speak English. lol, man we can't even coordinate in-game; you can't understand what we say without using a translator and ain't no one got time for that shit while playing the game live. So you end up just cursing all day in the chat.

Good times, bro. xD

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr