What do you like in this Cancelled C&C : Tiberium Game

Xtractor

• Totem Arts Staff

I remember when this was announced and I remember when this was cancelled... I was just skimming through that video.. and the part about the audio director and interviewer says "so you've been working on this for 2 and half years?"

That's gotta suck.

The one idea I remember that I thought could be interesting, is the one gun, but it's chamber could be interchanged with a rocket launcher or a machine gun or a grenade launcher... more realistic than a Havoc carrying around 30 guns LOL.

• Haha 1

The one idea I remember that I thought could be interesting, is the one gun, but it's chamber could be interchanged with a rocket launcher or a machine gun or a grenade launcher... more realistic than a Havoc carrying around 30 guns LOL.

Nice.

• Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

I think this game had a chance to make know C&C Univers with a different type of games, and i think that the C&C Univers (tiberium) still can interest peoples and be a real big know univers, but not with RTS games, im sure that a AAA Tiberium game with a good story can interest a LOT of peoples. Like a FPS/Story game or RTS, Like Tiberium, i hope to see that one day, but the chances are low i guess....

• Like 1

Yes The Gun idea is Nice but the animation not so..

47 minutes ago, Nexus51325 said:

I think this game had a chance to make know C&C Univers with a different type of games, and i think that the C&C Univers (tiberium) still can interest peoples and be a real big know univers, but not with RTS games, im sure that a AAA Tiberium game with a good story can interest a LOT of peoples. Like a FPS/Story game or RTS, Like Tiberium, i hope to see that one day, but the chances are low i guess....

Yes  a realy good C&C FPS is The Best thing to go in the Franchise, Making any new rts for the Moment would be a Dangerous move .Artists sjould Look at Vehicules and infantry in RTS that had been done there is some Very nice one there but in Tiberium :S

• Like 1

It's a shame they did so much work on it and then just pulled the plug. I think Tiberium was quite the well branded name for this game, maybe after they've done all their remastering of C&C TIberium Dawn and Red Alert they will come back and revisit this. If they've recently done a mobile game, I don't see why they can't explore doing another FPS and it at least seems they are now partially open to listening to the old Westwood Studios people that started Petroglyph and instead of it being TIberian Sun era they could skip this and look straight into Kane's Wrath type units and buildings. 

• Totem Arts Staff

Like the producer said in the video (i didn't watch the whole thing), they recognize that the Tiberium crystal concept is really unique.

It's a valuable resource like gold, but its equally toxic like Uranium.

Heck even RenX could do with a few maps that focus more on Tiberium. It's a hazard yes but very easily avoidable.

It would be cool to see tiberium being used as more of an environment map feature, like finding more larger giant quartz crystals to move around or caves with roofs covered in the stuff, things like when shoot at them with laser weapons, it reflects and redirects the beam elsewhere. 

I've watched more of the video, apart from seeing the occasional GDI eagle logo placed on things, nothing felt very much like the C&C Universe, it feels very generic, more like Half Life and those guns seemed awfully slow and clunky, environment scenes were overly dark. I do like the direction of the Kane's Wrath artwork and tanks rather than Tib Sun.

• Like 3