A thread with some VERY unpopular opinions

Quinc3y

I would have thought this opinion was common among many players.

We knew this from Renegade back in 2003 and I agreed then, I still agree today. In fact it is usually that exact combination that gets to me, playing a long stalemate game of Field and then another demoralising stalemate game of Under. I think there should be a map rotation algorithm that limits how often they can be played and their probability of appearing in the map pool is reduced. The only thing that prevented this before was City map, which we no longer have. I remember one pug we played FIeld-X and then Field after and I can't remember if I rage quit for the first time in my life whilst playing new Ren. There the two most familiar maps as one was the default for training and I think people like base defence maps due to building destruction limited tank and character options, something many were not familiar with.

I quite like Field X because there's no longer quite the same severity of locked in base scenario and so it can end quicker. 

• Like 1

Nononono, you got it all wrong.

When we hit 60 players mods should auto switch to Field immediately. After 4 hours of that, comes Under, then Snow(if its still around, if not, put it back this instant!), then Snow again, then Field. Also other maps should be deleted and banned.xD

And if you are wondering, i have also been molested by 3,5 hour EKT Field matches.:ph34r: As a matter of fact thats partly why i have been gone since last summer.:P

Edited by Molested Bunny
  • Haha 2

• Totem Arts Staff

I think the game would benefit a lot from using smart map selection, instead of randomly picking maps from the map pool. The maps brought up to vote at the post-game screen should be accommodating and play well for the current amount of people in the server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Really the game doesn't have that many strong >40 player maps. Outposts, Eyes and Daybreak are about it. Beyond that, I kind of like Field with 64 people for public games... as the law of numbers dictates 31 people can't ALL be bad, and maybe it won't be a permanent base-lock. 

It's also really easy to just veg out and play anti-tank infantry or a tank... so doesn't bother me at all. 

13 hours ago, yosh56 said:

Really the game doesn't have that many strong >40 player maps. Outposts, Eyes and Daybreak are about it.

3 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

60+ players are too much players for most maps

I agree, but this is not a reason to vote Field, which is one of the smallest maps. It is too small even for a 20v20 match (and I remember many people sharing this opinion back when we had servers capped at 40 players). This means that a 30v30 Field game offers worse gameplay than, say, a 30v30 Field X game.

My opening post was of course more of an expression of my emotions after another boring Field stalemate than an actually solid argumentation / polemics. If you want me to, I could write a long post about why such games are bad and should be avoided, and try to comment on the commonly used arguments of people who think differently. But I don't think there is a point in that. Most people who vote Field on public games won't read it, and really - if people like to play on that map, what would any rational arguments change? After all, it is a matter of personal preferences. I like one way of playing Ren X, and others like a different way. I can't force other people to dislike a given map or style of play. But yes, this kind of long, stalemate games, on overcrowded maps with a choke point in front of each base are really just frustrating for me, and Field is a prime example of that. And I think many people share this frustration, too. So I ended up creating this thread as a way to sort of vent my frustration and point at (in my opinion) a problem. Forgive me.

• Like 5

Guest once upon the time

Dont know if its the right place🤔

I think that the main problem is mainly the size of the maps and also the flexibility of the players. 64 are really too much, but that's how it is.
Unfortunately, the gameplay is relatively modest, I know that a certain standard is desired by some devs, but does not mean that everyone has to like it.
Field with 20 vs 20 was OK at that time, but only incidentally, because it was just my personal feeling.
Many do not read in the forum anyway and almost certainly you are right, whether suitable or not the Field is chosen over and over again.
I personally miss the variety in the whole game, maps are enough there, but the gameplay is always the stupid same.
Positively, I see that working on a Coop mode, but does not change the situation on the "normal" servers.
You see, I'm just as frustrated but generally because of the extremely boring "standard gameplay" for me.
I still like Ren X but for me, pub is an absolute no go.
Unfortunately, with logic you can not explain everything, even if it is logical, we are human.

Unpopular opinions?

Stacking is not an issue, people are just not trying hard enough or give up before they even try just because person x and Y are on the same team.

One more?

60+ players sucks, bring back 40

Edited by TRRDroid
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, TRRDroid said:

Unpopular opinions?

Stacking is not an issue, people are just not trying hard enough or give up before they even try just because person x and Y are on the same team.

Let's be honest. The vast majority of players have nowhere near the skill of person X and Y, and they never will, no matter how hard they try. I often switch away from the stack whenever I can. And, despite my best efforts, I'm on the losing team the overwhelming majority of the time. 

Just because people complain about stacking doesn't mean they've stopped playing. You can do both at the same time. It just means people are tired of getting killed 20 times in a row by the same two people, and no amount of "trying harder" is going to change that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Guest once upon the time

playercont  settings are still are Serverowner option.

I would prefer 40 too, but we talk in the past very often about it.

Some VERY unpopular opinions?

This one is a suicidal opinion amogst RenX community: Gunplay in this game sucks, and swallow at the same time, and I dont enjoy playing with any weapon now. The only one I kinda liked was LCG. Click!

Undestructable mines and C4s suck, and does not make any sence.

Team change lock sucks and it was the final nail to the coffin that made me stop playing.

Edited by Axesor

• Totem Arts Staff
On 10/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, R E A P E R said:

and no one would miss them.

I will..... Those are my after-class veg-out maps. 

35 minutes ago, Axesor said:

Team change lock sucks and it was the final nail to the coffin that made me stop playing.

What team change lock? 

26 minutes ago, yosh56 said:

What team change lock? 

I always enjoyed playing Nod the most, but since changing teams got locked some patches ago, becouse of some team balancing reasons, I cant play my favourite faction 50% of the time, nor with my friends, therefore my "joy level" dropped under my personal limit of what I could take.

Edited by Axesor

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Axesor said:

I always enjoyed playing Nod the most, but since changing teams got locked some patches ago, becouse of some team balancing reasons, I cant play my favourite faction 50% of the time, nor with my friends, therefore my "joy level" dropped under my personal limit of what I could take.

You're aware that was like... a server setting on one server that got raged against to the point it only lasted a week, right?

• Totem Arts Staff
On 10/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, TRRDroid said:

Unpopular opinions?

One more?

60+ players sucks, bring back 40

Most peoples are not try harder gamers, it's important to keep that in mind.

• Like 2

I love how people have remade the original renegade maps, they look fantastic and do have a sense of nostalgia about them. But to be honest, they play like crap.

The original, official maps were tiny, I'm not sure why. Maybe WW thought big maps would put players off the game. Maybe they didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to map creation. Maybe it was due to system limitations of the day. All I know is, a slot capped server was cancer then, and it is cancer now.

It kinda goes against all the hard work the devs have done (in RenX) to mitigate stalemates when there are so many people in the game you spend your entire evening playing one or two matches. I am fortunate to live in a weird timezone which means I am usually on in the small hours. And yes, I try hard, because you have to in smaller games. You don't have a team to carry you. Everything is a calculated risk, and that's what makes it exciting. Sitting in a tank in the field having a slugfest against the enemy's is just boring.

Also anyone who moans about having to play outposts with less than say 30 players, eat a pickle. you don't know big maps. ZThis was one of the most popular maps on fanmap servers (and probably the biggest map of all) in the original game: https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-renegade/addons/cc-cairo

Edited by crazfulla
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anything positive come out of this thread for limiting plays/replays of Field and Under map pick combinations, especially during weekday evenings, or is this just a personal karma thing I'm seeing for attempting to play too frequently? People seem to vote for these maps like zombies and they're probably the most played maps of the game, especially for new comers/returners. Excluding frustration maps like this from being re-picked too soon seems reasonable. / or add bunkers with super weapon control centres for finishing off a base/game like these...

• Like 1

Most OG Renegade players are addicted to Field and Under. Just look at the Rencorner server, all those dull bastards play those two same maps for hours and hours on end, just tunnel noobjetting all day, all night.

I mean it's fun for the first 30 minutes, racking up those headshots, but it gets old fast. At least in Ren X there's less noobjets because the Ramjet isn't as OP, I think.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

• 2 months later...

Bump topic. This post is still as relevant today as it was when it was made in October due to the number of evening Field play selections. What is sort of funny, but actually not, is the amount of times I'm seeing people play Field-X and then immediately voting for Field after, but for variety sake it would be good to have a solution to this to limit how often it appears or how frequently it can be played.  

• Thanks 1

Never remove the 64 player maximum limit. That sense of chaos, randomness, and downright ridiculousness/fast paced action cannot be found at the same levels in 40 player servers compared to 64. In fact I get lonely when the player counts drop below 40 and usually quit for the day once it is below that point. It is why I think the game is best when on a 64 player count Daybreak/Deso/Lake/Steppe. You can't beat that.

Islands kinda sucks

Under sucks

Field super sucks

Canyon unbalanced

Volcano UnBaLaNcEd

Whiteout? More like...ARTILLERY READY

Never want to play those maps again but democracy gets in the way of that.

O̷̢̢̩̭̰͇͓͈̜̭͓͇̊͛͜ņ̸̢͚̩̼̬͎̼̥̤̭̩̟̫͚̍̈́͑́͗͘e̵̠̯̦̱̝͇͎̜̣͙͆̈́̎́͑ͅ ̸̝̪͕͈͉̈́d̴̮͈̗̭͉̓̒̈́͐́͌̇̚ą̷̧͓͙̭̟̣̗͔̰͎̠̜̈́̇̇̔̅̏͘ẙ̶̫̠̦̤̊̈́̈́͠ ̶̟̟̠̬͎̟͉̘̠̣̫̞̹̔̐̇͠Į̸̡̧͇̱̬̦͓͈̐̄͐̈͗̔͋̆̃̓͌̕̚͝ ̸̧̡̛̟͈͖̮̯̤͉͖̣̤̞̆̀̆͌̉̄̋͋̉͜͝s̸̙̲̼̘̝̺͛̂ḩ̸̙͎̙̬̾̀͆͑ą̵̘͈̭͕̼̲̬̟̻̜̣̊́́̅͌̽̓̈́̽̽͘͘͜͝l̸͉̒̓͂̆̓̀̓͐͝l̴̡̳͓̙͉̣͉͓̣͚̥͕̣̿̒̍̓̅͒͐̂̈̓͝͝ ̶̼̩͙̬͎̜̇̍͌̂̓̆̽́͛̓̔̆̿́̚ͅr̶̤̩͙͉̬͕͉̝̰̘͈͇̱͒̕u̸̧̼̭͍͋́̎͋ḷ̶̣͙̦͔̏̂̄̓̾̂̄͘͝ę̷̨̛̛̦̥̭̮̗̻̳͓͕̺͚̞̑̀͋̅̏͑̂͐͘̕͘ ̶̺̉̑̽̿̓̆̈́̀̅̕̕̚͘͝͝ǫ̶͔̟̗͕̞̱͔͈̰̟̳̲͛͗͜v̸̪͚̗̬͗͑̿̀̊̌̔̒̂̈͝͠ĕ̴̤͖̘̦̘̂r̶̗̟̱̦̟̰̼̥͍͚͛̓́̒͆̄̉̈́͜ ̸̨̡͚̻̤͉̠͚̪̳̯̲̫͂̈̌̔̓̐̈̂̄͜͠ȧ̸̢̢̻̝̘̈́̂̋̍̿̚̚ľ̴̢̩̱̯̥͚̩̳̖͕̝̝̲ḻ̴̱͌̃͌̓̍́͆̎̃́͠͠ ̸̨̠̲͓̹̞̠̯̃͗̏͋̾̆̃̂̃̆͘͘d̵̛̟̤͎̬̠̮͇͆̌̈͋̽̿̓̂̕͝e̵̛͇̪̗͈̞͍̙̞͈̝͋̎̀c̸͖͇̻̤̃͐̃̊́͒̐̈́̉͂͆i̵̛̹͋͋͛s̴̛͍̥̙̦̘̲̚ͅḯ̵̞̜͙̘̫̫̪͉͂̂͂̂̓̑̿͝͠ö̸̧͔̬͈͎͎͖͖̠͎̤͈́́͆͗̽̒̓͋͗̆̚̕n̸̢̧̛͓̋s̵͔̝͚̳̀͝͝͝

• Like 3

Islands > Lots of fish, people complaining about bass to bass. 

Under > Over Under

Field  >  No barn cant store my harvester. 

Canyon > It's actually a tunnel. 

Tomb > Actually a coffin and you're damn right you're awake in it.

Whiteout > King of the hill but 𝓗ank is an artillery.   

Tunnels > It's actually a canyon. 

Field X > 12 hours to make a bridge, comm centre, whole geographical foundation,  yet no  bA𝓡𝓝 

Uphill > You're going up my what? 

XMountain > put 2 more X in the name and then get back to me.

Lakeside Winter > Is that the plank from me fu҉c҉k҉i҉ing barn? 

Mesa >  named by jar jar

Reservoir Winter > wait Is that moRE PLANK FROM ME F҉U҉C҉K҉I҉N҉G҉ B҉A҉R҉N҉

Oasis >   no

Storm > Rihanna was inspired to make a song from this map

Crash site >  Harvester driver got promoted to Star ship pilot. 

Artic Stronghold > I need new earphones

GoldRush > Why am I broke then

Desolation > Defence towers finally got their glasses cleaned

Eyes > Nope they're dusty again 

Toxicity > Someone stole my bikes

Walls > Made by trump

Volcano > Lol can no

Snow > Harvester stolen cos nobody built barn

Outposts > So there I was sunbathing on paid vacation, then my commander calls me back for stank rush

HourGlass > Yeah okay so who wired up my obelisk?

Cliffside > Beachside

Complex > quite simple really

Daybreak > So I said to him, "my day needs a break" and he was all like "Sshhh, say no mor҉e҉" 

Edited by euan-missile
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Clearly the above is on some type of medicament, utter useless response.

I agree @Tytonium about not removing the 64 player limit. Don't think the game should be reverted to 40, nor should we be pestered about it at all. 

@Mystic im sure it's possible to have field and field x seperated from each other so it cannot be voted straight away in the map rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

ARGH THE FORUM WENT A LITTLE MAD.... Sorry for the spam it's not my fault

*Original Message*

Unpopular opinions you say?

Field X is a better version of Field. It's not perfect by any means but it is better. GDI win 55-60% on field X Nod win 60-65% Field. 

Whiteout is a better version of Hourglass. I've waxed lyrical about that map before. But it's a far better layout, the central point is lots of fun to play around with flow between the two side paths and games rarely get super campy. I find it odd that we don't play it more often.

Canyon should be deprecated. Whoever built it did a great job faithfully recreating it, but it doesn't play well in modern RenX. The vast majority of the time Nod win with a crushing defeat, sitting safely in their base shelling GDI's entrance. If GDI do get a rare win it's because of a long gruelling grind that isn't much fun. The base layout for GDI is also bonkers, making it hard for team mates to respond to emergencies in buildings and giving SBH tons of routes and hidey holes to infiltrate with.

I don't think Stealth units are the all powerful OP boogey-men that some people in the community claim they are, they take skill to use well.

That said I feel like it would be interesting to add some sort of class ability to GDI to add options for countering them rather than just having an APC drive around base spy checking. I dunno if that's sensor sweeps or tracking abilities that can give a ping to say "A stealth unit is near by" or something. I'm not saying this HAS TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME OMG ITS SO UNFAIR. I'm just saying that would be an interesting discussion.

GDI should get a specialized unit of some sort. I get they they are meant to be the "Conventional" warfare team, but it always feels slightly disappointing to be on GDI when Nod have all the fun units. I also think there is a gameplay case to be had for the addition. Nod specialize in infiltration and approaching the problem of base destruction in an interesting way. It'd be cool to give GDI a similar incentive to nudge them slightly away from being totally rush reliant. Maybe a character with jump jets or something to open up new ways to attack Nods base, just spitballing here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, MajesticSausage said:

Canyon should be deprecated. Whoever built it did a great job faithfully recreating it, but it doesn't play well in modern RenX. The vast majority of the time Nod win with a crushing defeat, sitting safely in their base shelling GDI's entrance. If GDI do get a rare win it's because of a long gruelling grind that isn't much fun. The base layout for GDI is also bonkers, making it hard for team mates to respond to emergencies in buildings and giving SBH tons of routes and hidey holes to infiltrate with.

Totaly agree with that. Compared to the first version of Canyon Nod can't b2b shoot barracks anymore, but that b2b shooting should be blocked completly. Maybe this will already bring the re-balancing that Canyon needs.

Silo on Canyon needs moving out of the field so it can't be used to snowball the enemy team with an economic advantage, if someone could build a metal platform or balcony in the sky near the alcoves, it would solve this so a team has to split its forces if it wants to hold it.

I agree about wanting a fun GDI unit - I once spoke about turning Havoc into a proper commando like the RTS with extra C4 "I've got a present for ya" and either a powerful silenced one-shot type weapon "that was left handed" or a much better assault rifle or something like Tanya dual pistols. He has to fight his way in basically, but not such a vulnerable sniper anymore. Other ideas were stolen from Kane's Wrath - paratrooper or gliders over the enemy base.

I think some new command powers could be discussed, with both a healing ability and a stealth sweep being some of them.

• Like 1

spent 30 mins to write a textwall
just finished
read his textwall and be not satisfacted
delete everything

my feel about the maps:

Islands > B2B is easily used by some newbs (who don't know the rule) or trolls - it needs to be fixed. I think i could try - i know a bit how to use SDK :)
also, i love this map (absolutely not due to the fact i've once killed 3 gdi boiz in tuns with only one ramjet shot

Under > often fun, sometimes bad. Doza/mobi in tuns is fun. oh, and... Alt+1 intensifies.

Field  >  often bad, sometimes fun. i'm bald cuz i've lost all my hair since arty campers love to do invisi damages in tuns

Canyon > uh.. honestly.. what is this map? is it the map with the fun inf path, long but fun, with some planks when you can ambush ppl under you? it's a fun map as infantry, but it's an hell for tanks - i still remember when i was tanker haha

Tomb > praise to not be rushed

Whiteout > Arty party

Tunnels > I love to play med on this map. because i can't enjoy anything else :P 

Field X > Stank, sak on field, doza in tuns... can't choose! :D 

Uphill > remove the scaffolders in the tunnels - the weird things with the collisions where u will ALWAYS be stucked when some fragger come to kill u. play as med tank is fun :)

XMountain > put 2 more X in the name and then get back to me. (yea i 100% agree Euan :D - especially when hotwire meet an SBH behind GDI PP)

Lakeside Winter > Stank paradise. Also, where's my wrench Apache?

Mesa >  if the rocks are black.. is it Black Mesa? (can't remember who made this joke but it's gold)

Reservoir Winter > frozen lake is like.. removed this part about some disney things pls GDI stop send airstrikes on dam thx

Oasis >   u know Under? what if you put the same map, you clone the Nod base entrance - this horrible bottleneck - you remove the cave and the pipes, and you remove the base defenses?

Storm > hmm.. i don't remember have my sunglasses

Crash site >  underrated - SBH airstrike is a fun gameplay :)  

Artic Stronghold > tank push! yes commander, but.. push where? - also i love CABAL' voice ❤️  

GoldRush > what is this map?

Desolation > Stank is underrated. also, i've asked to the Great Bald to send us more compass, Mendoza don't know where to go in the infantry path

Eyes > remember 1v5 as stank against orcas, mammoths and sydneys

Toxicity > probably one of the most underrated map - i love play as med/Ltank/Stank/TicTac/mammoth

Walls > Like grandma' cakes

Volcano > Lol can no (100% Volcano matches in a nutshell)

Snow > need more healers pls
SnowX> who tf moved mah WF? how i am supposed to go to refill without be sniped by some sak now? :D 

Outposts > GDI say "Stank op". so, they want to stole Stanks to Nod. if they see an empty stank, they will try to steal it... but they forgot something: you know what's my fav sound in RenX?

boink

HourGlass > Arty party > all. Excepts if GDI spams mammoths like all C&C3 GDI players

Cliffside > underrated map. I still remember a weird thing.. why tf tunnels are so slim? i can't jump without hurt my head on the roof, damn i know Mendoza is the tallest boy in Nod mad guyz' but urg mah head hurts!

Complex > thinks for 10 mins Error 404: totally can't remember this map. when suddenly oh yes i remember: give me a med tank and i'll sit behind Ref and BAR for the entire game. i love to kill some sbh nukes/ stanks hehe

Daybreak > Stank is overrated. Sak is better :ayaya: 

oh, another question... when a game turns bad and you don't want to play it anymore, what's better? quit (bruh noob ragequit) or switch teams? (bruh noob stacker) ^_^ 

crazfulla... your vid... your stanks
i love how these stanks are basically
image.thumb.png.1274de30dfef4f086753c7cd678419a9.pngPaint skill is present right here :D  

now you want an unpopular opinion?
C&C4 is the best gaBOINK
who crushed me with a sneaky stank? O.o

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, Reivax said:

Islands > B2B is easily used by some newbs (who don't know the rule) or trolls - it needs to be fixed. I think i could try - i know a bit how to use SDK

Have a look at IslandsXtra, and see if you can do B2B on there, I would be interested to know if it is possible.

The only thing that annoys me are large maps on a low playcount, because people tend to drop out on that.
Other than that, I like all maps pretty much. Under will always be my first love, because it was the only map you could play online, through some gamespy demo cd-rom I got with a game magazine. I'm so old

Edited by Atomsk
  • Like 1

The problem is two fold; the current system massively rewards players with credits and VP for 'winning' and massively handicaps the losers with less VP and less credits for 'losing' thus making it x2 harder for the losing team to come back and x2 times easier for the winning team to win.

Result? Base locking for 4+ hours or a swift 2 min quicky.

Maps like snow, under, field are classic examples of this bottlenecking issue ontop of the massively over-rewarding of the winning team and the huge shunning of the losing team. On classic field bottlenecking is a bigger problem due to the lose of the extended tunnel; this highlights that the more diluted the map is the less likely a problem this is.

I do think there is an intresting debait to be had about map design. How is it that, Volcano (for example) heavily favors nod while Islands seems to be more well rounded? One glaring issue here is - the harvester, I would argue if you were to place the harvester in the center of islands then we would have another field/under clone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would argue if you were to place the harvester in the center of islands then we would have another field/under clone.

Same on Complex also. Volcano is only Nod favoured in the early stages, as soon as GDI get meds/mammys everything changes and Nod has to use SBH and tunnels to their advantage or get snowballed by heavy tank armour and tiberium field control.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it is necessary to decide what kind of game renegade-x should be.

- is it a remake of the old renegade with all its strengths and weaknesses?

I think the maps are very good remakes of the old ones, and I think the developers/mappers made good work from that kind of view if you want to have it as close as possible on the original renegade from 2002

- or should it be more independently and make the next step of renegade?

some steps made in this way, with extended map versions like FieldX. I think thats the future for renegade-x and to get more balance.

• Totem Arts Staff
10 minutes ago, Snow said:

maybe it is necessary to decide what kind of game renegade-x should be.

- is it a remake of the old renegade with all its strengths and weaknesses?

I think the maps are very good remakes of the old ones, and I think the developers/mappers made good work from that kind of view if you want to have it as close as possible on the original renegade from 2002

- or should it be more independently and make the next step of renegade?

some steps made in this way, with extended map versions like FieldX. I think thats the future for renegade-x and to get more balance.

RenegadeX used to be a 1 to 1 remake. It is no longer that. RenX is a fan-inspired remake of the game, building on the base gamemode and bringing it into modern times. This entails changing/removing old features that don't work well. We want to learn from the mistakes of Westwood devs. This also means adding new stuff, such as veterancy and commander powers, among few additions.

• Like 5

On 1/21/2020 at 7:28 PM, Fffreak9999 said:

Have a look at IslandsXtra, and see if you can do B2B on there, I would be interested to know if it is possible.

In IslandsX, you can hit HON and REF from GDI side fairly easily, and hit the GDI guard tower from the NOD side although that one is trickier.

Edited by Pennydude17

I like the idea of a vanilla only map server, then a server with none vanilla maps. 

• Daybreak,
  • Tomb,
  • Oasis,
  • XMountain,
  • Toxicity,
  • Outposts,
  • Cliffside,
  • Arctic Stronghold,
  • Eyes,
  • Tunnels,
  • Lakeside,
  • GoldRush,
  • Desolation,
  • Steppe, [release it officially already ya dangnabbitt devs]
  • Field-X,
  • Reservoir,
  • Uphill,
  • Crash Site 
  • Snow/X
  • Storm

Map pool of 20 fresh maps.

Vanilla in this sense being maps based on the official Renegade map list. 

• Field,
  • Under,
  • Islands,
  • Hourglass, 
  • Walls,
  • Canyon,
  • Mesa,
  • Volcano
  • City [Once its done]
  • Complex

Map pool of 10 vanilla maps for one server.

Because lets face it, not having two separate servers with one running just the vanilla Renegade maps everybody remembers and then a separate server with everything else is borderline absurd - "OH COOL RENEGADE X? I'll play that! Oh everyone just wants to play the same maps from a fckn decade ago? Where's the fresh content? fuck it. Am out."

Some may argue "But that might split the players per server" -Thisisnotabadthingfuckyou

@Fffreak9999

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 1

To keep in with the spirit of this thread;

Toxicity is a map with a great amount of options for any class or vehicle that most players find Field a thoughtless safe-haven by comparison and as such, hate on Toxicity rather than hate themselves. :P

Edit: BUt no seriously the post before this one of mine, lets start having two servers, one server with *VANILLA* maps and the other server with only *NEW* Maps [no vanilla maps]

Because that's how it was back in the old Renegade days anyway and FOR GOOD REASON it would seem

Edited by Madkill40

2 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

To keep in with the spirit of this thread;

Toxicity is a map with a great amount of options for any class or vehicle that most players find Field a thoughtless safe-haven by comparison and as such, hate on Toxicity rather than hate themselves. :P

Edit: BUt no seriously the post before this one of mine, lets start having two servers, one server with *VANILLA* maps and the other server with only *NEW* Maps [no vanilla maps]

Because that's how it was back in the old Renegade days anyway and FOR GOOD REASON it would seem

I say this community needs to take drastic measures at this point. Something to limit the shit stinky overused small ass maps we play over and over and over again.

Field can be fun but when you are doing your four hundredth and thirty second doza rush against the bar I can't help but try and figure out where God has abandoned this game along its development course.

Enough of this shit. Let's take these shitty overplayed maps:

2 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

• Oasis,
  • Snow/X
  • Field,
  • Under,
  • Islands,
  • Walls,
  • Canyon,
  • Volcano
  • Complex

and make them only available to play on any given server once per couple of days. As in they can only show up in the voting list every 48 hours.

Might be a bit drastic for some of you arty tunnel spammers so let's also go ahead and introduce player count based map selections. There's no need for our voting selections to include 5 of the above maps when there is 64 players. Maybe the shitty overplayed maps can be available to choose below a player count of 40.

Here's a thinker for you,

Are you going to remember your 1̷͓̂̋0̵̤̰̊̆9̴͉͘2̶͉͕͒͆ń̵̢d̴͇͕̓́ round on Under with 64 players or an actual match that takes place between two teams trying their hardest and using unique strategies on a map like Goldrush?

At the end of the this is just my opinion though.

But, if you don't agree with it then,

F̶̧̙̬̗̎̔́̕ù̴̜͖c̷̨̝͙͖̄̿͂̀̅ͅk̵͕̤͙͌̄̈̿̕ ̶̡̫̤͙̗̒̈̓̋Y̴͈͈̭͋ͅo̷̢̰̲̤̽̽̌͝ư̵̧̤̣̈̃͊͠ͅ   I hate you

38 minutes ago, Tytonium said:

and make them only available to play on any given server once per couple of days. As in they can only show up in the voting list every 48 hours.

Don't you come in here with your limitations and dictatorial over when players can play what! 

Fairplay keep their server as is, CT can just try two servers- one with Vanilla map pool and one with Newer map pool. If @Fffreak9999 allows this.  24/7. CT Vanilla Maps Mara; CT Newer Maps Mara.