Bots!!! They are taking over!

isupreme

I really enjoyed my first solo against bots battle.   ( new improved bots )

I had previously fought with a tough group of compadre against 32 level 9 bots and i was impressed by that.

But i am a continual newb, saints be praised, so i thought i would try my hand against 5 bots at level 1.      Surely this will be a stomp.    My uber skills will destroy their base in no time.    o0       They sent in multiple hummers and i had a fine time defending and fighting my way to their base.     I look forward to testing myself against these evil minions of the A.I. hive mind.    

They shall not defeat us!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, isupreme said:

I really enjoyed my first solo against bots battle.   ( new improved bots )

I had previously fought with a tough group of compadre against 32 level 9 bots and i was impressed by that.

But i am a continual newb, saints be praised, so i thought i would try my hand against 5 bots at level 1.      Surely this will be a stomp.    My uber skills will destroy their base in no time.    o0       They sent in multiple hummers and i had a fine time defending and fighting my way to their base.     I look forward to testing myself against these evil minions of the A.I. hive mind.    

They shall not defeat us!!

What? there are no Level 9 Bots there's only level 1-8 bots which is Novice to Godlike. But It is nice to see that your enjoying the experience.

Edited by Kirby550

42 minutes ago, Gex_str said:

In order to get Level 9 bots in-game you either need a server with them enabled or find DefaultRenegadeXAISetup.ini(located in RenegadeX/UDKGame/Config) and change bCheetozBotzEnabled to true, they work normally in skirmish.

Interesting i will look into that, One question though what does Level 9 bots do that level 8 or 7 bots don't do.

One question though what does Level 9 bots do that level 8 or 7 bots don't do.

I would like to know more about the differences in levels.    I was rather surprised that level 1s  did so well.

Time for more testing.

Edited by isupreme

3 hours ago, isupreme said:

I would like to know more about the differences in levels.    I was rather surprised that level 1s  did so well.

Time for more testing.

I think they use the same difficulty scaling as the Bots in UT (Unreal Tournament) so you will definitely see the difference with each level.

https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Bot

I found this but it's not 100% accurate to Renegade X as this is more about UT2004 but some of the information about bot skills do apply to Renegade X as Renegade X uses UT3 AI but modified. On each difficulty level you will notice the bots probability to dodge is higher, faster movement speed, better reaction time and aim.

Anyways if you find out what makes level 9 different to level 8 or 7 please let us know thank you

Edited by Kirby550

2 hours ago, Gex_str said:

Level 9 bots start with Heroic veterancy, can buy anything(basically everything you can buy on a map+Epic characters) and have aimbot 'cause why not.

Thats basically unfair as everyone starts with heroic veterancy meaning you will be the only person on recruit meaning that you won't be able to kill anyone and will just keep on getting killed in 2-3 seconds. 

Thanks but judging by what you said Level 9 seem so unnecessary level 8 is better.

Edited by Kirby550

• Totem Arts Staff
29 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

Thats basically unfair as everyone starts with heroic veterancy meaning you will be the only person on recruit meaning that you won't be able to kill anyone and will just keep on getting killed in 2-3 seconds. 

Thanks but judging by what you said Level 9 seem so unnecessary level 8 is better.

That is why they require a special "CheetozDifficulty" setting, even though you may not enjoy playing against a level 9 bot, it might be fun to do so with a few friends, see if you can win against one or a few difficutly level 9 bots.
On that note, the higher leveled the bots are, the more organized they become. additionally they are prone to become even better in future patches.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SonnyX said:

That is why they require a special "CheetozDifficulty" setting, even though you may not enjoy playing against a level 9 bot, it might be fun to do so with a few friends, see if you can win against one or a few difficutly level 9 bots.
On that note, the higher leveled the bots are, the more organized they become. additionally they are prone to become even better in future patches.

Okay will since they start on Heroic veterancy can a level 9 Bot one shot one kill?

6 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

Possibly a ramjet or a PIC or a railgun...

But not just anything. You should still live a little while against lower-tier weapons. : )

PIC, Ramjet or railgun seems reasonable sInce they have aimbot and start on Heroic Veterancy. My only problem with this you only have little time to react or do anything before your head gets popped off like a balloon.

I might as well give it a try and see.

• Totem Arts Staff

I checked out the Level 9 bots... haha they are funny.

All bots on my team immediately bought like 8 mammoth tanks. Nod bots for some reason bought a variety of tanks.

Many times the bots will still not shoot but just ram into you or your tank. Bots also did quick work of two enemy structures without me ever being near them. Although opposing bot team never seemed to make it far into my base.

8 hours ago, roweboat said:

I checked out the Level 9 bots... haha they are funny.

All bots on my team immediately bought like 8 mammoth tanks. Nod bots for some reason bought a variety of tanks.

Many times the bots will still not shoot but just ram into you or your tank. Bots also did quick work of two enemy structures without me ever being near them. Although opposing bot team never seemed to make it far into my base.

Intresting thanks for the Information I will look into the level 9 bots and see how it goes.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

One day, one day I will fix their shooting issues on vehicle.

Anyways, I dubbed them as 'Cabal-Tier bots' with 'Tiberium-blessed skill'. You should only try them out if you feel that fighting Skill 8 is not masochistic enough.

In addition to insta heroic, they literally get 10k credits each respawn

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff
21 minutes ago, Handepsilon said:

One day, one day I will fix their shooting issues on vehicle.

Anyways, I dubbed them as 'Cabal-Tier bots' with 'Tiberium-blessed skill'. You should only try them out if you feel that fighting Skill 8 is not masochistic enough.

In addition to insta heroic, they literally get 10k credits each respawn

I should say, the shooting issue is not limited to vehicles, it is on the infantry units too.

But yes level 9 once that issue is fixed. It would take an army to destroy just a few of them =D