RE: Losing creds when u switch teams... ?why?

isupreme

When teams are uneven i will change to make even sides.  But  i lose my creds and that sucks.

Why do we have it like that?   I suppose its something to do with when people change in other situations?    Is it abused?

i.e.    I wants me creds!

• Totem Arts Staff

By default, we reset your credits to the team default when you change team, this is to prevent a large influx of credits to any one side.

The only official way to transfer credits to another team is through a forced team change by admin (and even then, they can choose to reset your credits).

Now this doesn't prevent some players getting round this, by donating to the enemy team but this action can be seen as Team Hampering [Warning: do at own risk, most servers will ban/temp ban players for Team Hampering] if you remove your credits from your team just to give it to the enemy.

Resetting credits is far safer on team balance as well, since the enemy team is gaining a player (and the default credits again), and your starting team is losing credits and a player), which balances out the loss/gain a fair bit.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

I think there is an argument to be made for people being able to keep credits when swapping. Punishing people for swapping teams, such as in the case of a team imbalance doesn't make sense to me and I would support a change to keep credits when swapping.

• Like 4

FPI do move people over via !team2 on IRC if the teams are 'unbalanced' and the person volenteers; this allows you to keep all your credits (we have a clear defination in our rules what we classifiy as unbalanced) however.....very, very, very rarely does this happen as the players never want to be on a losing team.

I've pointed out this problem in a previous post, typically between 1 to as high as 10 (on a full server) players will rage quit / leave when they are on the losing end of the stick. Allowing credits to move on swap would only compound this problem as (99% of the time) players move to either stack with friends or to shift to the winning team, not the losing team.

Edited by TomUjain
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
36 minutes ago, isupreme said:

The game allows players from a lower player count team to transfer to the higher player count team?    Thus making the situation worse?

I wouldn't have imagined it would allow that.     am i understanding that right?

Currently if you swap (without an admin swapping you) you lose all credits, no matter what.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 8/3/2019 at 2:04 AM, isupreme said:

The game allows players from a lower player count team to transfer to the higher player count team?    Thus making the situation worse?

I wouldn't have imagined it would allow that.     am i understanding that right?

It only allows admins to do so, thus trusting the admins it would never make the situation worse. Through the default team swap, players can only swap to a team with less players, or if somebody on the other team is also willing to swap, thus keeping the player amounts equal.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, isupreme said:

Credits For  Good Sportsmanship !

Can we find a way to support those who see uneven player count and are willing to change?

Yes!  Yes I Say! 

WE can, we must.

It is our obligation to future generations..  .  .  :)

Change is coming this next patch.

• Like 1