LCG - I''m serious

Mystic~

They have adequate protection from tanks, but can we please make LCG immune to sniper fire (or at least take 4 shots to kill), it's not like thick metal armour shouldn't allow for this, (I know it's flak versus kevlar, although I think it should transcend these classifications) they're slow enough targets, and maybe give them two laser chainguns at the point of going Elite/Heroic? Yes, I don't like snipers in this game, I wouldn't mind if there was only one sniper class and it couldn't take out an advanced class with only one shot. And the Wolverine clearly has two guns already, sort of like this video below, I'd even consider giving them some sort of jet to leap over small obstacles and perhaps make them vulnerable to incendiary Patch rounds, Mobius electricity and a direct tank shell - but not tank shell splash.

Edited by Mystic George
  • Like 1

I am generally in agreement but I worry it would get too uber.    maybe not if done right.     I could easily support  changing how the sniper effects you.    Like if they shoot you there is  a  bang! and you lose your aim and slow down.   :)

Making a 450 credits class, which:

• has the highest amount of armour (besides the epic characters)
  • has unlimited ammo
  • deals decent to good damage to infantry and tanks (esp. with higher veterancy)
  • takes loads of tankshells until he dies
  • can actually survive a deadeye headshot depending on veterancy

even stronger? Seems legit.

Edited by TRRDroid
  • Like 4

You are a soldier in heavy armor.. you're not in a mech suit or something like that. You should be susceptible to sniper fire. LCG have decent resistances. At veteran (might be elite) they can take 1 full headshot from a 500 sniper (depends on their rank too I believe, if they are heroic probably will still instant kill) and still live. 

I think that LCG would be way too powerful if they were buffed. I think they're in a pretty good place right now.

I feel some people don't get the spirit of exploring or refining ideas before they try shooting something down. Basically, 450 credits is still a lot to waste when it can very quickly and easily be picked off by a sniper. I wasn't suggesting total invulnerability, but it waddles so slowly I think that heavy armour should afford it to take a few more sniper shots than it presently can, even if it breaks its firing continuity or makes it stumble. I think some sort of gas jet for leaping over a boulder is cool add-on, but also appreciate it's work for someone to create. And it's not as if I said other stats could not be tweaked or balanced to enable something else... I did suggest making their Achilles-heel, incendiary rounds, electricity and a direct hit from a shell. I'm sure we did something like this to its cousin the SBH once.

The dual guns is a fun suggestion, maybe a bit crazy, but the gun looks so huge I'm not sure it could be animated and I wasn't referring to the vanilla purchased recruit level LCG. I am wondering if some sort of laser equipped tank will be coming in the future if only to explore the concept further. How about making it a rare crate find like the variations of the augmented Sydney and Ravshaw. GDI could have a Gunner that fires a spread of rockets or something...

• Totem Arts Staff

LCG total health at vet ranks:

Ramjet/Sniper Rifle damage (& headshot damage)

180 (960)/100 (300)

198 (990)/ 110 (330)

225 (1125)/125 (375)

270(1350)/150(400)

Ramjet headshot is always a kill, recruit is 2 hits, every other rank is 3. Ramjets cost double the price of an LCG.

Sniper headshots are always 2 hits to kill. Every rank is 4 hits to kill. Snipers cost slightly more than LCGs.

I think this is more than generous to LCGs, considering that they don't take a lot of damage from many other dmgtypes. Gunner is far weaker to snipers than the LCG is. LCG is one of the tankiest classes in the game, 2nd only to epic units I believe. Tankiness comes at a movement cost.

• Like 1

You need to read the whole thread before asking that question, and it's a difference of opinion about what my thoughts are about the class.

Slow unit, heavy armour, easily picked off from the other side of the map by a competent sniper (Think FIeld-X). My first post is one serious point and a few fun suggestions to go with it. By immune, I really mean just far less susceptible to snipers/ramjets, not total invincibility. I would consider making it so the ramjet has to get a head shot twice and the normal sniper rifle would not be powerful enough to do very much at all to this particular class and I would also rethink it's vulnerability to light calibre machine guns and perhaps light or medium vehicles would knock it down rather than run it over and kill it, a bit like the shock trooper from Red Alert. This class was redeveloped towards taking on GDI heavy armour, but in an open field it really struggles against light bullets and sniper fire.

• Totem Arts Staff

The LCG is literally the most cost-effective infantry in the entire game.... It can kill anything, survive just about anything, and is cheaper than about half of the alternatives. 

It's about the only unit that can walk away from getting hit by 6 MRLS rockets.. 

Snipers hard countering them...really isnt a problem at all. Just manage your lines of sight. 

• Like 1

I think the OP is trying to draw attention to how easily they are to pick off to snipers due to how slow they move. Truthfully I don't think giving any form of buff to the LCG would be wise due to how universal they are.

Gunners have it just as bad (granted they can move and dodge better but are still a sitting duck to snipers) In truth i've always loathed snipers myself due to how many sneaky sneaky places they can hide and pick people off from way across the map. Deadeyes don't even give off a 'line' so a sneaky-sneaky sniper can just keep picking shots until he/she hits without the target knowing. The only real counter to a sniper is.....another sniper; unless of cause you are able to stumble into the guy 500 miles across the map ;)  I do however, feel snipers play a part in RenX and removing them all together would be a waste.

Buffing the LCG is not the best way to address the problem. Perhaps adding sway when the sniper moves? (reduce accuracy) I don't know the answer. A lot of players play snipers as mains and play nothing else, so any change or issue brought up about the sniper will stir up a bit of a hornets nest.

Edited by TomUjain
  • Like 3