Humans vs bots. Why is this not a thing?

isupreme

When the server is low in players ...  Why do we not sometimes join together against the Evil Bot Empire?

I would have more fun supporting/cooperating with a human than killing them sometimes.  Especially if bots get more advanced.

Those evil bots must be taught the strength of human cooperation!!  !    Granted they are stupid now and easily overcome, but they make a suitable training/practice ground.     BEWARE!   One day they may grow stronger and more able.  Then what will we do??  What WILL we dO??     we must organize now and stay ahead of bot advancements.      This is no time to be slack!  

• Haha 1

Someone needs to programme them with some basic rush tactics, like a full APC or Chinook or infantry and tank clustering of the same type, do they even plant beacons? I'm fairly certain they have good aim, but they don't do anything special other than general everything.

I normally vote off bots when I join a new server, but if it was initially filtered into AI versus humans I might not until the server became full or the game mode was vote changed.

We must prepare Now for the ATTAck!!   These rumors of a bot upgrade are true...True!  True I Tells Ya!

But seriously,  now is the time to make the game and servers capable of allowing this mode.   I wonder if the map could be altered to facilitate the fun....

But anyway...  how do we get ready for the Bot Invasion?   We need to start training NoW.    o0.

6 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Be more of a team player. That's what I'd suggest

Bot doesn't need that, they're already integrated into a link of hive minds known as SquadAI and TeamAI

Several teaser images from internal

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Wow that looks insane it seems we going to need to start using mines to prevent them from getting in.Please don't tell me they will have the ability to use mines as well. But seriously this looks like a huge upgrade. We are going to need to start practising as their power level is going to be over 9000.

Looking good so far keep up the good work and make the offline play amazing 👍👍

Edited by Kirby550

As amazing as this is I have a few questions about this as I am quite curious about this as well.

1 My first question is you see all this skills such as being able to plant C4 on the MCT and being able to disarm Ion Cannon Beacon will this be difficulty based meaning they can only do it on a certain difficulty or will they be able to do it on all difficulties?

2 My second difficulty is will they be able to use proxy mines in specific areas such as for example the entrance of the infantry barracks/Hand of Nod.

3 My third question will they be able to organise specific rushes with infantry such as 6 Gunners for GDI and 6 rocket soliders for Nod and will be to organise rushes better and more aggressively with vehicle's such as 7 Mammoth tanks.

4 Another question is since they tell you where emeny soliders are and where what's needs defending will they tell you where they going and what type of mystery crate is being spawned on the map and also will they actually defending the buliding if the AI is doing poorly?

5 My last question is have the infantry bugs for certain character classes such as Raveshaw and Havoc/Sakura? Also have they fix the AI behaviour with vehicle's meaning that they purchase vehicles one at a time instead of everyone trying to purchase vehicles at the same time?

That's all the questions I have for this topic. Any answer, thought or suggestion to my question would be appreciated. Thank you for making this amazing game and good luck for the future.👍👍

Edited by Kirby550

• Totem Arts Staff
45 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

My first question is you see all this skills such as being able to plant C4 on the MCT and being able to disarm Ion Cannon Beacon will this be difficulty based meaning they can only do it on a certain difficulty or will they be able to do it on all difficulties?

All difficulties from what I remember in testing.

45 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

My second difficulty is will they be able to use proxy mines in specific areas such as for example the entrance of the infantry barracks/Hand of Nod.

Currently they don't use Proxy mines, but there may be scope to teach them to be lethal with them :) 

46 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

My third question will they be able to organise specific rushes with infantry such as 6 Gunners for GDI and 6 rocket soliders for Nod and will be to organise rushes better and more aggressively with vehicle's such as 7 Mammoth tanks.

The bots are capable of rushing, but mostly they choose what is available and appropriate at the time. Vehicle rushing is still being "Trained"

47 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

Another question is since they tell you where emeny soliders are and where what's needs defending will they tell you where they going and what type of mystery crate is being spawned on the map and also will they actually defending the buliding if the AI is doing poorly?

They will not indicate their actions to players, and they are unable to determine if the crate is good or bad.

Defense is a priority for some of the AI, so they will come and repair it with the Repair guns

49 minutes ago, Kirby550 said:

My last question is have the infantry bugs for certain character classes such as Raveshaw and Havoc/Sakura? Also have they fix the AI behaviour with vehicle's meaning that they purchase vehicles one at a time instead of everyone trying to purchase vehicles at the same time?

Vehicle purchasing logic is improved, but not a lot of effort has gone into that side if I recall so far, and what do you mean about the infantry bugs?

As for specific Bot related information, @Handepsilon is the Developer currently working on this.

All difficulties from what I remember in testing

Okay that's exactly how it should be

Currently they don't use Proxy mines, but there may be scope to teach them to be lethal with them

Intresting I wonder how this feature will play out.

The bots are capable of rushing, but mostly they choose what is available and appropriate at the time. Vehicle rushing is still being "Trained"

NOW that what I am talking about YES😁😁.Finally I will be able to properly organise rushes with my teammates.Thank you guys.

They will not indicate their actions to players, and they are unable to determine if the crate is good or bad.

Okay will they still follow the player if told to do so?

Defense is a priority for some of the AI, so they will come and repair it with the Repair guns

😀😀😀NICE that is going to keep the battle going for longer 

Vehicle purchasing logic is improved, but not a lot of effort has gone into that side if I recall so far, and what do you mean about the infantry bugs?

Sorry if I didn't make thus clear but what I meant by infantry bugs is the AI not being to use infantry class like Havoc/Sakura and Raveshaw as they wait/delay too long to fire their weapon. Btw about the vehicle logic that is nice to hear it dosent have to be perfect but as long as it get improved then I am happy.

As for specific Bot related information, @Handepsilon is the Developer currently working on this.

Okay thank you for reading my post nice to see the RenX developers listing to the fans to help improve the game.

Edited by Kirby550

• Totem Arts Staff
On 7/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Fffreak9999 said:

@Handepsilon - Have you taught them how to use Proxy Mines yet? :) If not, that would be interesting :)

No I haven't. that would require more waypoint class to be more precise, which means updating maps lol

19 hours ago, Kirby550 said:

As amazing as this is I have a few questions about this as I am quite curious about this as well.

1 My first question is you see all this skills such as being able to plant C4 on the MCT and being able to disarm Ion Cannon Beacon will this be difficulty based meaning they can only do it on a certain difficulty or will they be able to do it on all difficulties?

2 My second difficulty is will they be able to use proxy mines in specific areas such as for example the entrance of the infantry barracks/Hand of Nod.

3 My third question will they be able to organise specific rushes with infantry such as 6 Gunners for GDI and 6 rocket soliders for Nod and will be to organise rushes better and more aggressively with vehicle's such as 7 Mammoth tanks.

4 Another question is since they tell you where emeny soliders are and where what's needs defending will they tell you where they going and what type of mystery crate is being spawned on the map and also will they actually defending the buliding if the AI is doing poorly?

5 My last question is have the infantry bugs for certain character classes such as Raveshaw and Havoc/Sakura? Also have they fix the AI behaviour with vehicle's meaning that they purchase vehicles one at a time instead of everyone trying to purchase vehicles at the same time?

That's all the questions I have for this topic. Any answer, thought or suggestion to my question would be appreciated. Thank you for making this amazing game and good luck for the future.👍👍

1. This indeed will correspond to the bot skill. Lesser bots will be less likely to respond as quick as higher skilled ones. I believe lesser skilled bots prefer to just shoot their rep gun to wall. I forgot if they still disarm beacons tho

2. As mentioned earlier, not atm. It's a tedious work and we also have a bit of dilemma on where and which place to mine. Also need to detect if the place is mined or not...

3. They have their own rush tactics, but it's not perfect as of right now. You do get notifications if they *try* to do a rush. Most of the times it's just 4-5 people though

4. Poorly skilled AI will still defend, that's not changed. Mystery crate won't be notified though

5. This bug is most likely related to their aiming. This is a very delicate code from UT logic and unfortunately may not be easy to fix. They will usually only attack when they deem that their aim is good enough. Otherwise they will refrain from doing so. This was a nightmare for me to circumvent when telling bots to fire their repair gun.

The infantry purchasing has been overhauled as a whole. They will no longer purchase only during spawn (same goes for vehicles) and will actually go to their respective PT when purchasing. In the current version they only buy stuff after they spawn, which probably led to that bug you mentioned.

Okay will they still follow the player if told to do so?

Currently I'm aiming to completely overhaul the ordering ability. Atm you can tell bots to focus fire or defend certain buildings (they'll obey you more if you're a commander, but they may choose to obey you even if you're not provided they don't feel busy)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

No I haven't. that would require more waypoint class to be more precise, which means updating maps lol

I understand that would be a lot of work so I that's fair enough 

1. This indeed will correspond to the bot skill. Lesser bots will be less likely to respond as quick as higher skilled ones. I believe lesser skilled bots prefer to just shoot their rep gun to wall. I forgot if they still disarm beacons tho

I prefer if their skills was available on all difficulties now that you think about it that wouldnt make any sense besides making their skills available on certain difficulties kinda adds a sense of progression.

2. As mentioned earlier, not atm. It's a tedious work and we also have a bit of dilemma on where and which place to mine. Also need to detect if the place is mined or not...

3. They have their own rush tactics, but it's not perfect as of right now. You do get notifications if they *try* to do a rush. Most of the times it's just 4-5 people though

Honestly I don't think it needs to be perfect to be fair as long as they understand their tactics and understand how to properly use their rush tactics and it has been improved then that's fine by me.

4. Poorly skilled AI will still defend, that's not changed. Mystery crate won't be notified though

Okay that's good to hear that they will still defend, I am a little bit sad about the mystery crates but that would defeat the purpose of it being a mystery crate but this unfortunately means that I am going to keep getting abducted by those pesky aliens.Damn those Aliens😡😡

5. This bug is most likely related to their aiming. This is a very delicate code from UT logic and unfortunately may not be easy to fix. They will usually only attack when they deem that their aim is good enough. Otherwise they will refrain from doing so. This was a nightmare for me to circumvent when telling bots to fire their repair gun.

Hmm this is interesting does this means that they will only fire weapons like the Ramjet Rifle and the Railgun if they are further away from the emeny but if they are close to the emeny will they change their weapons to something more suitable?

The infantry purchasing has been overhauled as a whole. They will no longer purchase only during spawn (same goes for vehicles) and will actually go to their respective PT when purchasing. In the current version they only buy stuff after they spawn, which probably led to that bug you mentioned.

NICE finally no longer do I have to see them pile vehicles over another which is a great improvement.

Currently I'm aiming to completely overhaul the ordering ability. Atm you can tell bots to focus fire or defend certain buildings (they'll obey you more if you're a commander, but they may choose to obey you even if you're not provided they don't feel busy)

Wait hold on does this mean that you do not to be commander anymore in order for your team to function? Also since you said they may choose to obey you if the AI is doing something not so important you ask them to follow you will they refuse?

Lastly, do they react to friendly fire for example do they say things like I am on your team Idiot?

Thank you for replying to my post @Handepsilon I have two question but I just added them to my reply to waste less time but anyways I can't wait to see how the new update is going to play like. I also wanted to say thank you for helping to improve the Offline experience you guys are doing a great job so far please keep it up.