New GamePlay ideas suggestions

kira

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey guys\gals!

We are thinking about adding new gameplay experience and would love to hear your opinions and suggestions of any kind.

for example we thought about creating co op missions, when you gotta retrieve information from NOD base,    capture building and hold it for some period of time
could be small player server or big,   maybe adding new building like temple nod ,   new faction for NOD ,   something even like the single player but with people on server,  race with speed up buggies\humvees ,  new vehicles (like for example venom from Kane's wrath)  

anything that cross your mind,  share with us.    

Currently, me  and nexus thinking about creating a co op mission which the player (with friends) must go the temple of nod, clear the structure from nod soilder while they are rushing in , capture the building and grab some information (using E key or what ever)  , and then wait for backup,  
with the back up arrives transport which takes the players and they need to shoot the NOD choppers coming after them,

later on they arrive to GDI base to meet with mobius, give him the information, and after that they have access to Weapons factory and ion to come back and destroy NOD base,

Required:

-  Autocad users with the ability to paint the 3D objects, adding animations for the objects 

- Artists in general. 

-  Programmers  - would be great if familiar with Unrealscript but not a must.  
   - Story Tellers - i think it
's called like that, like people who visulize the game story, (or to  be specific the mission story)

*even if you have little experience with one of these stuff, but still have a lot of time you are wellcom to join.

Edited by kira
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

How about a toggable option to show a "Player Status" in small text above the player's head.

EG: "On Mining duty" or "Waiting for Buff" or "I got a NUKE" or "Gone for a break" etc

I guess it would be more helpful in the normal multiplayer games than in the PUG games.

• Like 2

The idea is not new, but I think that this is very much lacking in the game. About the same in some maps made W3D Hun in Red alert: Path Beyond. But the main question rests not even in models, but in maps:
- How exciting are the missions?
- Observance of the balance of the weaknesses of the parties / the Game Card.
-The goal of the game.

Kira, I am glad that you are one of those who decided to raise the issue, but your idea of an example for a card is not very. The mission should be easy to explain, but difficult to accomplish.

Here is my rough sketch of the mission. Called Deep Blue.

Briefly: NOD, with the support of Black Hand, is advancing on Germany and is going to capture one of the laboratories of Globo Tech, with the aim of exporting valuable technologies and technical documentation-
Embodiment 1 GDI and NOD need to prevent the other party from taking the convoy, taking out the cargo themselves or destroying the enemy base.
Option 2 - GDI to keep the technical center until a certain time, not allowing the enemy to take over the laboratory and remove the project materials.

The feature itself is a map. When capturing a laboratory located in the city (I marked out 2 options for its location), you can get access to an expensive but unique technique:
GDI Draconfly (Greetings from Twisted Insurrection) - the universal anti-tank machine response to NOD motorcycles
NOD-Inferno Flame Tank (the same greetings from Twisted Insurrection).

When a technical center is captured, you can order a truck with materials. After he is ready, he should be taken to the orange point, not far from his base. The truck itself is fragile, exactly like the bases, since they are located in open areas, despite the presence of protective structures and can be attacked from both the ground and the air, and from the sea. Yes, naval units may be present in this mission, since urban areas (highlighted in gray) cover infantry and equipment well, making it difficult to fight.

On the other hand, there is a forest area (green discharge), but it covers poorly from infantry and equipment and the road is more distant.

Also, the Tiberius field is in the middle of a mountainous area, which will easily allow the defenseless harvester to be destroyed by aviation or anti-tank units.

Another problem is the bridges, which are easy to destroy, but also easy to dismantle. However, they are the only way (except for anti-grav technology) to cross the river by land.

Yes I know. My example is rough, but I think my understanding of how the map should be clear.

Red- NOD Base

Yellow-Gdi Base

Violet- Sub Pen

Crates in the middle of the map is one of the options for placing the laboratory.

Prototype.png.271672c95948162d79c3133f51abcf7c.png

Edited by DenWellingston
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, kira said:

Required:

-  Autocad users with the ability to paint the 3D objects, adding animations for the objects 

- Artists in general. 

-  Programmers  - would be great if familiar with Unrealscript but not a must.  

*even if you have little experience with one of these stuff, but still have a lot of time you are wellcom to join.

Eh! And I only have experience with sound effects (

Although ... to be honest, in the game itself there is a lot to be done: walking, a little ballistic, technique. I am silent about optimization (

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

congratz, @DenWellingston, you are now the story teller\builder for the co-op missions storyline and gameplay experience consulter.

along with programming, moddling and rigging eventually we need some one to visulize the main story, game play and such.

It would be awsome if you can help with that.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
On 7/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, DenWellingston said:

Good afternoon, kira. Despite the fact that I am completely busy with my work and my project, I can take the time to consult on the creation of unique content. Always happy to help!

Great! I'll keep that in mind. 

Currently iam trying to get a job so Iam busy too. 

After I settled a bit I would be ready for renx stuff 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest once upon the time

@kira

Hello Kira
What do you think of it when we pool resources?
As you know Stanislav makes a new map and this would be well suited for your ideas. The map is in progress (Nexus knows something about it), anyone can watch.
It wants (if the performance of UE 3 joins in) open up many new options.
Missions and campaigns would be easy, as well as our events.
Alone the factory already invites to sniper competitions.
Think about it because we are definitely not in competition.

regards

Team Paradise

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

@kira

Hello Kira
What do you think of it when we pool resources?
As you know Stanislav makes a new map and this would be well suited for your ideas. The map is in progress (Nexus knows something about it), anyone can watch.

regards

Team Paradise

Hello! @SilentKnight !
I think i have not completely understood your replay (my English skills are basic ) ,

but if you mean to share resource pool like working together then absolutely yes! :)  I have no preference to whom should i work with, and would be happy to invest time when ever I am available to create content for RenX players.

Guest once upon the time

My English is also not good and I often have to use Google translate.🤣

I think there's some funny incomprehensible stuff. 😁

When I come home from work today, I'll send you a PM with our Discord link.
The most important has been understood despite Google translate:
Working together👍
greeting
Silent