Why can a sniper rifle be moved/aimed as fast as a pistol ?

isupreme

I  want to understand why the game limits how fast my tank can move its turret, how fast projectiles fly, but makes no attempt ( ? i guess ? ) to limit the ability for a sniper rifle to be moved.

i.e.   In a tunnel when i and a sniper cross paths on the run and they .. ( i guess -i never get to see it ).... swing their rifle up and pop me dead before i can aim a pistol at them.

I am not arguing against players being able to be good and make good head shots, it just seems to me as i play that there should be some limitation on the abilities of snipers to act like 007 on the move in tight quarters.

Am i just suffering from lag?  Am i a wuss?    - just trying to understand those times when things don't seem right......

Edited by isupreme
wording
  • Like 1

Well,  I think you are talking about No scopes. No scope has spread now, but if you are close to the Sak, Havoc, Deadeye, and/or Black hand sniper. Then the no scope will hit the target. During beta 3 or 4, I don't remember at the moment. No scopes had no spread, so hitting the target was easy during that time. Now it has spread and easy to hit targets when it is close. I have gotten hs with no scope when the targets are close or mid (if I'm lucky). No scope moves fast.

Edited by Snips

Actually the spread was added only like a year ago, so noscoping from any distance was possible for quite a long time. It still works in close range since the spread isn't that high, sometimes it even results in a lucky headshot, being really close probably guarantees a noscope headsot

Edited by TRRDroid

Nice information  especially about the role of spread, thank you.

I am using a pistol only as an example in the discussion. 

I should title it as a thought discussion.

I am not arguing against players being able to be good and make good head shots, it just seems to me as i play that there should be some limitation on the abilities of snipers to act like 007 on the move in tight quarters.

I guess I am wondering if we can/do/could? limit how fast a sniper rifle moves around.   Left right up down when you run along.  Thus more accurately simulating  the mass of a real weapon, and  maybe helping gameplay a bit by limiting some of the  player frustrations with snipers.

Why can a sniper rifle be aimed so effectively by a player on the run?

Edited by isupreme

• Totem Arts Staff
43 minutes ago, isupreme said:

Nice information  especially about the role of spread, thank you.

I am using a pistol only as an example in the discussion. 

I should title it as a thought discussion.

I guess I am wondering if we can/do/could? limit how fast a sniper rifle moves around.   Left right up down when you run along.  Thus more accurately simulating  the mass of a real weapon, and  maybe helping gameplay a bit by limiting some of the  player frustrations with snipers.

Why can a sniper rifle be aimed so effectively by a player on the run?

Because Ren combat is far from realistic. Weighted weapons would both feel vastly out of place, and nerfed snipers harder than they already have been, which people fail to realize is A LOT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1