Unintentional teamkill

Atomsk

In a game on FPI, just now, another player (Dman) and me got into HoN and were blasting at the MCT. I had Mobi, Dman had an Engi iirc. 
Somehow, I heard a kill pop but was too busy trying to take out HoN to see who it was, but it turned out I had killed Dman, my teammate. 

I had placed a C4 and was shocking the MCT when it happened. Wasn't intentional ofcourse (sorry Dman). 
Error on my part or something else?

If I could find the replay page on fairplay, I'd be happy to look it up, but I can't seem to find it. 

• Totem Arts Staff

It happens occasionally. It sounds like in that case, he might have suicided on his own c4, but if your cross fire touched him or an explosion from your own c4 touched him, sometimes it records as the teammate getting the kill instead of the message "player has died".

Which i think is hilarious honestly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

http://fairplayinc.uk/demos/

There are the demo files and a link to Sarah's tutorial on how to watch them. Rowe is right, though - it just said you killed him. I doubt that any of your weapons actually damaged him.

Thanks for the links! Any idea what timezone the files are recorded? 

3 hours ago, roweboat said:

It happens occasionally. It sounds like in that case, he might have suicided on his own c4, but if your cross fire touched him or an explosion from your own c4 touched him, sometimes it records as the teammate getting the kill instead of the message "player has died".

Which i think is hilarious honestly.

Thanks for the responses, it was a chaotic moment and I do think we both set our C4's on the MCT. 

In hindsight, it was kinda funny, I just wouldn't want to unintentionally hurt a teammate, especially not when we were about to destroy the HoN.