Renegade X Has the AI been downgraded?

Kirby550

This is a very sad discovery for renegade X as firstly i was enjoying the game until a friend recently asked me if i am playing skirmish and i said yes and then he recommended me open beta 5 and then i asked him why and then he said that the skirmish in open beta 5 is better.

i didnt want to believe so i had to see it for myself. After playing several matches with Bots i was blown away completely it felt like a completely different game, the AI plays so differently much better than the latest version of RenX. So  now when i play the latest version of RenX i cant help but feel that the developers are ruining the offline experience that i have always wanted without even realizing and this could potentally destroy what made renegade x special.

While i was observing the AI in the open beta 5 version here are the things that i have noticed  

The AI will instantly repair structure everytime it gets damaged with hotwires and technicans and they dont waste any time about it 

The AI properly knows how to defend the base so you almost never have to worry about the base structure being destroyed as your team mates will actually make a good effort to make sure that the base is protected.

The AI knows how to effectively organise rushes and doesn't waste any time unlike the latest version of renX where they will just attack from one position and then get destroyed giving the emeny the chance to strike. (apperently, this is in open beta 5 but it is hardly noticable as they move quickly to perform rushes regardless whether it is GDI or Nod.)

They don't overload airstrip/weapons factory with empty vehicles meaning you will have time to purchase vehicles without having your airstrip or weapons factory full of empty vehicles this leads to my next point 

The AI utilitizes the money they have properly meaning sometimes you will see your team mates with 300 to 400 credits instead of 15000 to 20000 because they utilises vehicles and units meaning they won't just waste it for no good reason and most of the time won't leave their vehicle empty unless they have to. unlike the latest version where they have 12000 to 15000 and dont put any of that money to good use.

In open beta 5 Havoc/Sakura knows how properly use ramjet rifle and won't hesitate to shoot you in the head unlike the latest version of renegade x where they will just wait until they are in the correct position to shoot you

In terms of deathmatch (mostly sniper matches) feels more fun because the AI will fire at your position without any sort of hestition making the match feel very heated again this leads me to my next point 

the game is overall a lot more harder and more challenging as the AI will Kill you quickly if you are not careful and this could just be me but the AI is a lot harder to kill in open beta 5 as even will GDI/NOD soliders they will aggressively fire at you while dodging and strafing making firefights feel intense 

i had to point this out to everyone to make them aware of this problem as i don't want renegade X to die because of the downgraded offline experience as the AI in renegade x have INSANE potential even the latest version of the RenX i mean come on this game gives me that Unreal 1 vibe everytime i play against bots  and i am not saying the AI is bad in the latest version of RenX because they are not as there are some things they do better than the AI in open beta 5 but i do feel like the AI has been downgraded and had to address this issue to you guys.

Anyways i really hope you guys in the next few updates look into this as i just don't want all the potential that this game has to go to waste. I hope you take my words into consideration.

Edited by Kirby550

• Totem Arts Staff

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There are not a lot of resources being devoted to this, as the programming team is just too small, with too many tasks. Heavy prioritizing has to be done to get anything accomplished, and this isn't very high up on the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarah. said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There are not a lot of resources being devoted to this, as the programming team is just too small, with too many tasks. Heavy prioritizing has to be done to get anything accomplished, and this isn't very high up on the list.

I understand what your saying but the AI doesnt have to be perfect the developers are heading in the right direction i just dont want them to lose that vision. But have to admit the AI seems like they were inspired by the bots from Unreal 1 but then again I could be completely wrong. So the developers who programmed the bots clearly has some experience.

Edited by Kirby550