Hi and a few thoughts

RoCkStar256

Hello

I haven't played Renegade X for a few years , it have been awhile since i placed my last proximity for ya folks. Recently i have got back to this cool game. I really love all the work and amazing graphic. Great work guys, this is the best Command and Conquer mod. I mainly play C&C Renegade at MPF Servers and time to time at RenCorner and Exouds. There are many reason i could tell you why i love this game, renegade community feels like a second family and home.

Apart from all the grea things i love in Renegade x i have a few suggestions, i might be new to Renegade X but old fart to Renegade and Staff at MPF.

- Infatry fight seems a bit unreal, compared to renegade all that really fast jumping and action makes it really weird. Myself never liked Unreal tournament movements, felt always awkward. I knwon Renegade x is different from C&C Renegade, although if infantry battle system like Battlefield and Renegade fits more. More tactic, sneak less jumping around.

- Tank sizes, Light Tank, Med Tank and other tanks seem a bit too small compared to infantry or light vechicles.

- When you lose WF or Airstrip it is better to have Arty/Mrls and Hummer/Buggy as drop options. Both Apc and Hum/Buggy seems to have same purpose

- Unlimited ammo , it will makes infantry rushes much more effective

I known it is your mod not mine, but some changes might make it better.

My 2 cents

Edited by RoCkStar256

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey RoCkStar, I remember playing a few games with you and seeing you around MPF. I know I saw NFHAVOC ingame yesterday, don't know if I saw you last night or not. Thanks for giving our game a try! Yeah, the infantry is quite a bit different, by design. Directly comparing the 2 games will result in seeing quite a few differences, but most of them are by choice. IMO, the humvee and APC are vastly different in RenX. The humvee is far better at anti infantry, and is more fragile. APC is better at transport (hardly ever used for that) and anti-air.

Nice to see you, hope you stick around :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarah. said:

Hey RoCkStar, I remember playing a few games with you and seeing you around MPF. I know I saw NFHAVOC ingame yesterday, don't know if I saw you last night or not. Thanks for giving our game a try! Yeah, the infantry is quite a bit different, by design. Directly comparing the 2 games will result in seeing quite a few differences, but most of them are by choice. IMO, the humvee and APC are vastly different in RenX. The humvee is far better at anti infantry, and is more fragile. APC is better at transport (hardly ever used for that) and anti-air.

Nice to see you, hope you stick around :) 

Hah yeah you could have seen me that time. Didnt realize someone would recognize me here haha as old UnRules, MPF and Storm member :D

Already stuck with Ren X, liking it more and more.

I cannot agree on apc/humvee drop. What if other side has OB/Agt online and you lose wf /air :) ?

• Totem Arts Staff
48 minutes ago, RoCkStar256 said:

Hah yeah you could have seen me that time. Didnt realize someone would recognize me here haha as old UnRules, MPF and Storm member :D

Already stuck with Ren X, liking it more and more.

I cannot agree on apc/humvee drop. What if other side has OB/Agt online and you lose wf /air :) ?

You're toast! Well, mostly what it seems to be is that teams will use rocket soldiers to kill buildings (they are extremely potent against buildings, especially after elite, they get a 25% damage boost to buildings at elite, on top of their damage boost in general from veterancy). In general, this does require more team work, and sometimes it requires multiple attempts, as you can do permanent damage even if you don't kill the building. I would say in general the infantry in RenX are a lot better than they were in Renegade.

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
20 minutes ago, RoCkStar256 said:

Sarah, is it true that there is work on Tiberian Sun X ?

We have been working on many things. But as Fobby said, "When things are quiet, it's good. It means we are busy working". And while I know a response that lacks a denial could be used as an affirmation, take it as you will. I hope that we can soon release a preview of what we have been working on!

I hope we can reach a state that would be optimal for sharing and testing soon. If you have Discord, feel free to join our community and message me. https://discord.gg/renegadex or https://renegade-x.com/discord 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So i guess it will come unexpected :D

One thing that will help Renegade X and i forgot to mention is pain voice like you get in renegade when you are being shot. Also when you get damaged health bar show in the middle of the screen. I think people miss it

On 4/26/2019 at 10:41 AM, RoCkStar256 said:

- Unlimited ammo , it will makes infantry rushes much more effective

I remember this change being a permanent thing on n00bstories back in the day, made the game so much better. I wish we had it here.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:58 PM, Sarah. said:

APC is better at transport (hardly ever used for that) and anti-air.

Sorry to interject like this, but also being an old player, I remember engi apc-rushes happening a lot, especially on the servers that had Under on repeat and fairly small teams. 
Is it simply out of fashion or a bad tactic with current mechanics? Honest question, I'm happy with how the game plays. 

2 minutes ago, Atomsk said:

Sorry to interject like this, but also being an old player, I remember engi apc-rushes happening a lot, especially on the servers that had Under on repeat and fairly small teams. 
Is it simply out of fashion or a bad tactic with current mechanics? Honest question, I'm happy with how the game plays. 

Still a thing. Its arguably easier to pull off than now since commander defence buffs allow players to tank more damage.

Flipside is that 64 player servers usually means you get spotted immediately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still probably unused though.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
56 minutes ago, Xeon Wraith said:

Still a thing. Its arguably easier to pull off than now since commander defence buffs allow players to tank more damage.

Flipside is that 64 player servers usually means you get spotted immediately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still probably unused though.

They get spotted immediately when I'm not driving...

Who do you think brought APC rushes back into the limelight? It's just that it usually takes 5 people and a decoy to work correctly half the time with that many people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the topic of APC engie rushes, when you see me online, consider me down for an APC rush :D
No successes guaranteed, however.

I really wouldn't wish for spotting to be removed, though. I think a good APC rush should be a rewarding experience once pulled off.

• Totem Arts Staff
17 minutes ago, RoCkStar256 said:

Stupid question, how to change nickname? Is it connected to email adres?

If you use Steam, it will use your Steam name at the beginning of every match. Other wise, f5 setname name. Unless you mean on forums, otherwise go to your settings and change

https://renegade-x.com/settings/

• Like 2