Glitches and other 'stuff'

Neutron

First off, I'd want to start off with the really annoying bugs/glitches that the game exhibit:

1. The AI bots seem to have this "Godmode cheat" where at random times they would instanteously regenerate all of their health+armor back for no reason at all in the middle of the fight.

2. The game sometimes just randomly closes off for no reason.

3. The vehicle physics sucks.

And now moving on to the stuff that I think are just play unnecessary for the game and just overshadows what the Renegade classic was known for.

1. Why do we need recoil mechanics in this game? It's just completely useless feature.

2. Same goes for aiming downsights, It's unneeded and It's downright annoying that we are forced to use it for better aiming and accuracy.

3. I'm dissapointed with the fact that most of the lower tier guns just feel like airsoft/laser tag peashooters. Make them deal more damage and make them feel actualy more punchy. The Nod's stealth black hand laser gun was my favorite weapon because It's accurate and It's very punchy, here it feels like mediocre burstfire laser tag gun.

4. Why do we need that sprint feature? It's completely unnecessary, It's annoying that some just constantly sprint and make them a very hard target to hit. Either just remove it to respect the classic renegade formula gameplay, or just slow down the walk + sprint speed, so they wont be unnecessary fast.

My point here is that Renegade X is trying too hard to copy battlefield, which is not the direction the game should go on in my opinion if you want to remake it. It should respect the classic roots and feel of the old classic Renegade game, where the movement feel is much more grounded, where It's all about knowning how to use the abilites and streights of character class you play instead of that recoil controling or aiming downsights garbage.

Guest once upon the time

@Neutron

I think everyone has a different view of Ren X by now. You wish you more original and people like me who played from Beta 2 to Beta 4 (almost to 5:00 or whatever) wished the gameplay back (but not all).
Then there are again those who would like to have more C & C stuff and who in turn like to play in the direction of the new games like Battlefield royal.
I think that the Devs can not handle this splits in this form, because the wishes go in completely different directions. The decision is, so to speak, with the devs themselves.
Honestly, you have to mention again and again that Ren X was / is very specific to the gameplay and that it is not a mainstream game.
Still, I still play and I really like the way we play Ren X. Is even less mainstream :)

• Totem Arts Staff

As pointed out, this game is not a remake. The physics are exactly what we expect them to be, the gunplay is fine. That's all a matter of taste. If you don't like those, and it's that big of an issue, this game might not be for you. The game crashes need to be looked into, I would need some logs for that. Not many people have random crashing issues, and as devs can not replicate the issue, we can not test a fix. Thank you for playing and supporting us, and thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Neutron said:

3. The vehicle physics sucks.

We know... this is the same engine that gave us the Mass Effect 1 MAKO... They're constantly being poked at, but they're never going to be perfect without access to native code. 

2. The game sometimes just randomly closes off for no reason.

Post in technical forum. I haven't gotten a crash in months... and it was just one out of the blue, and hadn't happened for over a year since then. 

1. The AI bots seem to have this "Godmode cheat" where at random times they would instanteously regenerate all of their health+armor back for no reason at all in the middle of the fight.

Admittedly, none of the the... 2 semi-active programmers can really devote time to AI programming. It's fairly low on the list, though someone could probably poke at the mid-field refill thing. I've seen that once or twice. 

1. Why do we need recoil mechanics in this game? It's just completely useless feature.

2. Same goes for aiming downsights, It's unneeded and It's downright annoying that we are forced to use it for better aiming and accuracy.

4. Why do we need that sprint feature? It's completely unnecessary, It's annoying that some just constantly sprint and make them a very hard target to hit. Either just remove it to respect the classic renegade formula gameplay, or just slow down the walk + sprint speed, so they wont be unnecessary fast.

You're 6 years too late on this discussion, to be fair. RenX was never trying to be just like Renegade. The recoil is just enough to make guns 'feel' like guns, as opposed to OldRen where nothing had any impact whatsoever (save for the Chaingun's 1st-person animation). It doesn't quite get in the way, and you're not 'forced' to use ADS to be accurate. ADS is only ever really useful for really far shots, like for the PIC/Railgun, or when lining somebody's head up with the Laser Rifle. Having ADS on right-click also just feels more natural for a modern FPS. Having right-click not do anything is... kind of a turnoff. 

Sprint is just sort of ingrained at this point. I'd prefer it to be slower, or at least turn slower, though the normal walk speed is fine. 

3. I'm dissapointed with the fact that most of the lower tier guns just feel like airsoft/laser tag peashooters. Make them deal more damage and make them feel actualy more punchy. The Nod's stealth black hand laser gun was my favorite weapon because It's accurate and It's very punchy, here it feels like mediocre burstfire laser tag gun.

The weapons in Ren-X actually do far more damage than in OldRen. The basic Autorifle alone is probably one of the strongest guns with headshots. The Laser Rifle in particular is better vs. vehicles AND infantry than it used to be. 

just overshadows what the Renegade classic was known for.

Actually... in my experience, most people bring up snipers and long games when they reminisce about Renegade.

where It's all about knowning how to use the abilites and streights of character class you play instead of that recoil controling or aiming downsights garbage.

??? Did we play the same Renegade? There were about 4 viable infantry classes [SBHs/Snipers/Technicians/Basic infantry (to wait for money)] , and a bunch of novelty infantry that were just there to get sniped. It was also about who could twitch the hardest to make themselves nigh unhittable with lag. 

Also, you can play every single class without ever using ADS or noticing the recoil. It's just knowing 'when' to use ADS can occasionally give an edge. 

TL;DR: 

We're not CnC: Renegade, nor trying to just be CnC: Renegade. Hell, CnC: Renegade isn't even CnC: Renegade anymore.... Interim Apex has basically swallowed that scene. 

• Like 2

I understand the original game is great and renegade x doesn't feel like playing the original (I even miss using the purchase terminal from the other side of a wall, that was a cool unintended feature) but Renegade X isn't a HD remake of C&C Renegade.

The new changes like how they balance the classes and maps is why I play, otherwise I would just play Renegade. In the original only snipers, engineers and stealth soldiers are used. Most infantry battles are just snipers in third person view free-targeting (they call it V-shooting). Even the Renegade server that is the closest to the original and has people playing is heavily modified.

Edited by vandal33
spelling
  • Like 1

It isent fun if you dont try to innovate. If this unpayed project wouldnt allow for innovation it wouldnt have attracted enough people that can dev. And thus Ren-X wouldnt even exist.

If you really want to have a copy of OG ren there is a topic about a OG modification:

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Neutron said:

The Nod's stealth black hand laser gun was my favorite weapon because It's accurate and It's very punchy, here it feels like mediocre burstfire laser tag gun.

This is the only thing I'd ever agree with 

But only because I have a bias towards burst-fire in any game

I hate burst-fire mode on guns

Except pistols