Renegade-X: Patch 5.401 Notes

Totem Arts

I can't tell what's real and what's not, some of this stuff honestly seems plausible. I've heard about City, and City Flying makes sense as a logical extension of that. The Epic Mobius seems like a likely addition. The ConYard sounds realistic. God this is confusing.

I'm not drawing any final conclusions until I see the update message in the launcher, but I am looking forward to pretty much all of this! Thank you devs for your hard work, even if this is fake (and I really, really hope it isn't, and I kind of think it isn't too : ) ).

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, CoreDefender said:

Well I think that at the very least, @Aircraftkiller will be proud to see his map Glacier_Flying remade, and what looks like Metro also being re-created for RenX :)

would of helped if he had indeed made it, but he didnt lol, he just made it playable ... its a hidden map in renegade that was never used like 70% of all the assets in ren lol

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, kenz3001 said:

would of helped if he had indeed made it, but he didnt lol, he just made it playable ... its a hidden map in renegade that was never used like 70% of all the assets in ren lol

I was referring to this, where he states that he did:

On 6/13/2011 at 11:32 PM, Aircraftkiller said:

Here's a short list courtesy of someone who was apparently trying to compile everything I had done for inclusion into some "ultra mega map pack":

C&C_Bunkers.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_Basin.mix | Version 1.2

C&C_BasinTS.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_Beach.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_City_Flying_Exp.mix | Version 1.2

C&C_Country_Meadow.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_CYTeamDM | Version 1.0

C&C_DMCenter.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_DMCenterTS.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_DMConYard | Version 1.1

C&C_Eglin_AFB.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Flight_Deck.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Forest_Trail.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Glacier_Flying

C&C_Glacier.mix | Version 1.1

C&C_GlacierTS.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_Golf_Course.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Land.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Mars.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_MedicalLevel | Version 1.1

C&C Metro | Version 1.0

C&C MetroTS | Version 2.1

C&C_Metropolis.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_Mines.mix | Version 1.3

C&C_MinesTS.mix | Version 2.1

C&C_River_Canyon.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_River_Raid.mix | Version 1.0

C&C_River_RaidTS.mix | Version 2.0

C&C_The_Woods_Today | Version 1.0

Of course, this list doesn't include the levels I made for RA:APB... Of which there was a substantial amount.

And I don't recall it being a hidden map, it was played regularly on most servers in Renegade.

Wow!
I am absolutely blown away by this!

This is hard, hard work!
I very much respect the effort that you've put into this.

I've been looking through all the code and it absolutely amazes me just how many lines of code are in there and how complex some of those systems are. Crazy! Absolutely nuts; in the way that I like it.

I'm looking forward to see most of these features in action.

(And then I looked at the date..)
..Although I'm not sure which of them are april's fools jokes.
The visceroid literally being on my list of suggestions.

Some of the other updates may, however, kill this game's soul.
For example the removal of SBH and the blue reskin of Nod. Who feels at home with that..

And Buggies and Humvees are no more, if they get these upgrades.
That's more C&C Generals than it is Renegade.

We're not playing World of Warcraft 2 guys.
Simplicity is king.

I wonder.

Edited by DugeHick
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Space said:

Люди, и как установить патч? Или он установит себя? Или он еще не вышел? Если вы скажете мне, когда, пожалуйста

Патч был шуткой, установить его нельзя

The patch was a joke, you can not install it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarah. said:

You sure? If true, then some cruel joke

1 hour ago, Gex_str said:

@Space Этот патч - первоапрельская шутка. Его никогда не будет.

You sure? If true, then some cruel joke

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, if you are referring to the patch notes in general, then I just went through the forums and found a few (lot) of thing people wanted and stuck them in a list.

As for any individual “change” like the SBH removal that you mentioned,

I made that change on a server a while back, since i’m not a fan of how Nod use SBH at the moment (too passive, very little gets done, unless co-ordinated).

So I replaced the SBH with a unit called “Hand of Kane”.

SBH were only found as spies, but all spy crates were SBHs. Allowing Stealth to be the critical infiltration method, made them far more useful, and more active.

• Totem Arts Staff

We will not indicate what is, and is not real.

We will keep you in suspense until these features (if any) are ready for release.

So until such time, assume that all of the above patch notes were a troll for April Fools.

However curious minded people may be able to identify what is and is not real by looking at what has been posted in the past on any source and make an educated guess as to what is real or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Мы не будем указывать, что есть, а что нет.

Мы будем держать вас в ожидании, пока эти функции (если таковые имеются) будут готовы к выпуску.

Well, then we will wait. I hope that destructible bridges will add, which stand on the example of Field, Field X on the river. More tactics on the map/

Guest once upon the time

It's interesting to see how different people take April fools. It also shows (positive) that the Ren X community is very special. Sometimes it can also have negative effects.
Do not fret, take it with humor.
😉

• Totem Arts Staff
19 minutes ago, Xtractor said:

really lame not funny at all,was  tinking to take break ,now im just not thinking

Some of the stuff is coming, however if you got real excited about specific things mentioned in t he patch post let us know, we may consider them.

Guest once upon the time

@SonnyX I think ,I am not sure but some ppl didn't like this April fool, because they mentioned a lot of things in some Topics (like battlefield royale). So Devs make a April fool mixed out of wishes of some ppl and stuff whats really under work.

In my case i am not angry it was to much changes from the patch before to the April fool.

just my 5cent.