RTX 2080 Ti can push Renegade-X (64-bit) to over 40 FPS on 8K resolution 7680 * 4320 @ Ultra preset

Boomer

Click on my screenshots repeatedly to see the full 8K version.

Last time when I tested, GTX 1080 Ti and 32-bit Renegade-X can barely do 20 FPS, which was totally not acceptable. 40-50 FPS is already good enough for me.

Most of the UI elements are scaled to 8K properly in the current version. Console, unit status bar and text, scoreboard are not scaled yet. (Try to read these from my screenshots without 10x zooming. Can you see the enemy HP bar in the second one?)

I heard that scoreboard is being reworked. Hopefully unit status bar and text will be the next priority.

ScreenShot00002.jpg

ScreenShot00006.jpg

ScreenShot00000.jpg

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 3

Guest once upon the time

I think there are even more graphics cards and priced empty the wallet as well.
Your graphics card is well over 1000 euros expensive and I do not think that so many money spend want.

Hardcore gamers and PC freaks, but not determined the big size.

10 hours ago, Goku said:

Eh? 4K Plays fine for my 1080ti, make sure you use the 64bit client or you will get memory issues.

Glad you are having fun.

I stopped using 4K and upgraded to 5K (5120 * 2880) in 2015.

GTX 980 Ti can do 40-60 FPS in 5K @ Ultra preset.

However GTX 1080 Ti can only do around 20 FPS in 8K @ Ultra preset.

Edited by Boomer

5 hours ago, HuskerDoggo said:

fps is also pretty depended on your cpu. on gtx 970 medium-high 1080p should run 60 fps smoothly, but drops to 40 when in field with tanks and other players due to my cpu being not the best anymore

i9-9900K is not attractive to me. I am waiting to see how well 7nm or 10nm CPU does.

5 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

And hello @Boomer, many people were asking about you since they hadn’t heard from you in a while.

You should show up for a PUG sometime :)

Thanks!

I was super busy for a while. When my gaming computer is fully assembled I will definitely come back!

3 hours ago, limsup said:

I guess we will be seeing him next time when he'd make a post about RenX in 16K a year from now :P 

That's why I always ask @yosh56 to implement high resolution support.

20 years later people will play Ren-X in 32K so it would be great to make Ren-X future proof.

I play on x64 too, and am really satisfied with my current 1440p Ultra settings.

Only issue I've had with x64 so far was the audio crashing at the end of match, requiring a restart.
This issue now seems to have been fixed on my system.

Edited by DugeHick