dear fairplay.....

isupreme

Dear Fairplay server,

Greetings and may i say i enjoy playing on your server immensely.   Often busy and good games can be found on occasion.

But......  as a  USA player, i sometimes wish you would turn off your server at night.    We are trying to get some usa action going on usa servers.... but ...   ... .. . . . ... YOUR RESIDUAL OCCUPANCY OF DOMINATION pretty much nails the coffin shut.   I mean that in the evening E.D.T.  the only group of players is still on fairlplay pretty much just cause it is only one busy.

(  Oy!  you over there in the CT corner watch out cause you been the in same camp !     just joking around  but seriously)

I mean no ill will to you fairplay.   but this game would really benefit from a few more usa players.

Signed, respectfully yours,   Isupreme

Edited by isupreme
  • Thanks 1

There was talk of a way we could offload the players at a certain time or via command using rcon but nothing really happened.

It's something I would have to speak to our admin staff about.

You can always message me or Tom (Yumi) via RenX discord or pop on the FPI discord and chat to us there -> http://fairplayinc.uk/discord/

Goks

Guest once upon the time

I think it's a general problem, which results in the number of players being raised to 64. Doesn't matter which Server is populated at this time.

Unfortunately the attitude of some players (I do not go on an empty server) prevents another server from successfully "settling".

Forcing players to forcibly transfer to another server would certainly have a negative effect. It could be "friends" separated in the current game.

Although this sounds a bit old-fashioned, there is a solution that requires some flexibility from the players.

For example:

If a server reaches a certain number of players (I do not define the number), some could switch to the US server to seed it. This can easily be arranged on discord to avoid third party advertising in the current game.

It worked in the past too, with the difference being that the number of players was 40.

To be honest some maps are simply overcrowded with 64 players.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer.😱

• Totem Arts Staff

This is a whole other discussion on it's own, and I think if we are sending people from EU to NA, there has to be some sort of manual switch. In code you can get the current time stamp, but I would still like a manual "switch" for it to send players from one server to another. I don't really have a problem with it, but it's not any server specific problem. It's a problem with 64 player count and a low player base.

• Like 3

Even if the server was closed for 6 hours 1am - 7am GMT, the first assumption would be "server crashed" and that's RenX dead for the night. 

Even if there was a prompt stating the server was closing you still can't ignore the attitude of players which prevents them from filling up an NA-based server or any server after a certain time.

Additionally, just closing down the two most prominent EU servers for the night seems like an idea that's better on paper but impractical in reality - NA players just need to get an NA server-count to 12 (encouraging their NA-based friends to come play with them) if done regularly enough then an active NA server might become a more frequent occurrence which is good - Why 12? 12 seems to be a good bare-minimum for players to join and fill up an server

Sidenote: If any EU players try to siphon NA players from a server better for NA players (so they're all on one server) is effectively an selfish-douche :) - This happened in the past when there was an NA server and wasn't dealt with soon enough at the time)

DoubleSideNote: Most NA players are only ever able to achieve maybe up to 80% of their full power due to higher latency :P

SideNoteTheThird: Discord suggestion: Continent roles. i.e. NA, SA, EU, Asia, Africa, Australia - All of which players can self-assign to themselves which could be handy for any continent-based server to promote attention to their server via @'s [If you dont want to be @'d then ya just don't assign a role to yourself

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 2

Nice points all.

To add to the mix.. . Could an EU server joined with a USA server under the same name, allow players to vote when to switch between servers?

This in Particular avoids many issues raised above.

I guess the switch would then have to take place within the game which sounds terribly complicated but is it?

Is this what Sarah is mentioning?

This is a whole other discussion on it's own, and I think if we are sending people from EU to NA, there has to be some sort of manual switch. In code you can get the current time stamp, but I would still like a manual "switch" for it to send players from one server to another

Would for example FairPlay be willing to work with a usa server in this way?

5 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

SideNoteTheThird: Discord suggestion: Continent roles. i.e. NA, SA, EU, Asia, Africa, Australia - All of which players can self-assign to themselves which could be handy for any continent-based server to promote attention to their server via @'s [If you dont want to be @'d then ya just don't assign a role to yourself

I've suggested that already in the past, guess we just have to keep this idea in the forefront until developers reach a decision on it :) 

SideNote:    i would be happy to fly a flag.  

New thought:   Could every server be enabled to allow the players to vote to move to the Official server?     And of course the players could vote to move back.     ( I would assume this to be a temporary feature until we have more players... and it would be strictly by the choice of the server ofc)

• 9 months later...