Air strip roof in Wall should be fix

Chucky fuck my doll

Sorry if I type wrong gramma.

In Wall map, there is a hidden spot you can jump in and place ion inside air strip roof, most people can not disarm in time even they already stand near the beacon. They can not disarm beacon if they did not jump in and only a few people know this trick. I think this spot should be fix to have easier entrance or something that not give too much advantage to experience player.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Hahaha I was in this game on nod - and that move fuucked me. It was right there and it was so tough to reach! Hahaha it was so slick! I personally loved it and thought it was a prefect example of how creative and sneaky you can get while playing ren.  tactics and strategy. It was a very smart spot. 

5 hours ago, TK0104 said:

This is a feature of the building itself like the Hand of Nod you can jump into the windows. Placing an ion isn't forbidden and not a glitch

Yes but it is not balance. Hand of Nod windows is different because it has width area and if nod player notice earlier there are several way to enter and disarm ion in time. Air strip roof is different, you has to jump inside first and it has only one entrance that only few people can enter. If you are hottie and sneak into that spot you can place ion and use your remote c4 or mine cover this only one entrance. Air strip could be completely destroyed by ion because it is very hard to jump into the roof and it really harder to disarm anything from outside.

Edited by Chucky fuck my doll

I find it a sad element of gameplay.    As stated,  it gives TOO Much of an advantage to the experienced player.

New players who do not know about the situation are prone to feel cheated.

Does it help the overall gameplay and encourage teamwork?..... or just give a sense of sneaky satisfaction to one player?

If it took teamwork to achieve i would support it, but it does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest once upon the time

Although I do not like this spot, but he was already with all the betas I have played.
I see less the problem in the spot, but more in the exchange of experience of the players.
Since I no longer play a pub I have to ask if it is still like in the old betas, the experienced players "train" new players and take the time for them?
PS: The basic requirement is and has always been the new player who also wants to learn.

• Totem Arts Staff

You can disarm the beacon (with an Engineer/Hotwire range repair gun), anywhere in the tower from outside (assuming you find a good angle). 

There are also a few decent hiding places on the Flying WF (as mentioned) for Nod to plant beacons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

You can disarm the beacon (with an Engineer/Hotwire range repair gun), anywhere in the tower from outside (assuming you find a good angle). 

There are also a few decent hiding places on the Flying WF (as mentioned) for Nod to plant beacons.

Yes I agree that there are also hidden place for nuke on WF. However, I still believe it's not balance because

1. Weapon factory roof is big and open area. Yes, it means there will be a lot more spot to place nuke but hotties, patch or mobius can also walk freely on that place and orca can easily kill NOD player if he/she still try to defend his/her nuke. Air strip is disadvantage because that spot is very small area that player can hardly walk and jump, a few c4 from hottie can also do splash damage and kill several technicians, air strip roof also protect GDI soldier from apache. This means that if you are NOD and want to kill WF you have to do many things more than just place nuke and wait, but if you are GDI you can place ion, wait inside the roof, squat and headshot any guys who try to jump.

2. Weapon factory stair is at center of GDI base but air strip has stair at side of NOD base. If you want to place nuke on WF, you have to disarm mine on stair  first and it is very hard to do it without enemy's spot. You may do it by SBH but it means you need someone to disarm mine for you because you have not repair gun. For GDI player, it is easier to sneak into air roof because the stair is at side of base and if you are hottie, you can disarm mine and carry ion by yourself. This means that NOD need teamwork to nuke on WF but GDI need only a good sneaker to solo ion air strip (which has higher chance to succeed as I mentioned on first reason).

• Totem Arts Staff

Honestly, if a Hotwire has gotten into your base undetected, then you have bigger problems than an Ion being placed.

As for the beacon being placed inside the tower, the hotwire has 2 choices, to engage with C4 (which will damage themselves in close range), or with a Pistol (which has the lowest damage of the sidearms).

The pistol is an "ok" weapon if they have accuracy (which most do not) and unless you are stood still (which should never be the case even when disarming, since Snipers can still kill you) they should not be able to kill too many people (if at all) before they get killed.

Also don't forget, that a valid building kill method for them is to Ion in the tower, and then C4 the MCT (which gives them 2 methods of destroying the building).

As for the disarming of the mines, this should be noticed by a base defender (or any team member, and should be your first major warning).

Ask people like Quincy or other sneakers (who don't even need the Ion) and just walk into the base and kill a building, your problem lies with the team not being attentive enough, not the fact the tower can be used for the beacon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Also don't forget, that a valid building kill method for them is to Ion in the tower, and then C4 the MCT (which gives them 2 methods of destroying the building).

Is this another reason of unbalance? Because you cannot do this on WF. Moreover, C4 on MCT is not the problem for me because inside airstrip (not under roof) is easier to enter (by door of course) and it has wide area enough that 3-4 NOD can run in and defuse C4 (even some of them may die from mine or waste a few time to disarm it and kill hottie).

Edited by Chucky fuck my doll
add more reason
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Ask people like Quincy or other sneakers (who don't even need the Ion) and just walk into the base and kill a building, your problem lies with the team not being attentive enough, not the fact the tower can be used for the beacon.

I disagree that it is not about beacon. As I mentioned earlier, the problem is ion in the place that is too hard to disarm in time. In the last 3 games that we lost 3 airstrip from same method, I saw 3-4 technicians (including me) already go to the top of airstrip when ion has plenty of time before ion launch but we have the same problem as I mention earlier. I strongly guarantee that my team watch mine almost every second.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Honestly, if a Hotwire has gotten into your base undetected, then you have bigger problems than an Ion being placed.

As for the beacon being placed inside the tower, the hotwire has 2 choices, to engage with C4 (which will damage themselves in close range), or with a Pistol (which has the lowest damage of the sidearms).

The pistol is an "ok" weapon if they have accuracy (which most do not) and unless you are stood still (which should never be the case even when disarming, since Snipers can still kill you) they should not be able to kill too many people (if at all) before they get killed.

As for the disarming of the mines, this should be noticed by a base defender (or any team member, and should be your first major warning).

SBH spies, my dude. 

• Haha 1

I'm always Nod but have no problem with this area. One could argue it makes it easier because you know the likelihood of the ion being exactly that spot.  These complaints only exist because people haven't practiced getting into that spot, or veterans haven't shared it with others.

• Like 1

Guest Gliven

You don't even need the ramps to jump through the windows of the airstrip. You can do it on any map that doesn't have a blocking volume up there. So i hope future map makers take this into account.