Item Idea, Chem Suits

Marinealver

So looking at the Item Menu (Q) and how just about everyone can be an engineer with the repair tool. I was thinking what if we made chem suits as another item to be picked up. I know that is supposed to be the chem trooper specialty. Maybe it just gives the character a green gloves and stuff and call it good.

The repair tool is pretty limited. It's not a full fat engineer tool at all.

So keeping that in mind, the idea of a chem resistance upgrade actually sounds pretty cool. It's not full immunity to tiberium but reduces its effects well enough to open up a new route for an infantry rush.

That said, off the top of my head i can't think of many maps where traversing the tiberium field as infantry offers that big of a bonus. Volcano, Complex, Mesa maybe? The problem is that often the tib fields are vehicle hotspots and you'd just get squished.

1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

Item Tiber-dote (Tiberium Antidote) - reduces the infection damage of tiberium, rather than nullifying the effects entirely? Or would that be breaking canon?

Canon dictates that Orcas are the most advanced aircraft ever created by humans and outclass everything in the air, and yet they regularly get dunked on by a bunch of second hand apaches Kane nicked off the back of a van.

I don't think Canon is important :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Item Tiber-dote (Tiberium Antidote) - reduces the infection damage of tiberium, rather than nullifying the effects entirely? Or would that be breaking canon?

That could be something do you don't have to design gloves or some other visual aesthetic to indicate that they have tiberium resistance/immunity. 

14 hours ago, Marinealver said:

That could be something do you don't have to design gloves or some other visual aesthetic to indicate that they have tiberium resistance/immunity. 

The character could just have some kind of green'ish glow? To show they have a tiberium resistance. 

If anything it'd bite ChemTroopers in the ass because it means reduced damage from chems and even Doza, might be good to just have it as an GDI only item?

On 2/19/2019 at 10:01 PM, Madkill40 said:

Tiberium Infusions are canon too, they just werent developed yet when Renegade takes place but i dont think timeline is a problem in RenX (TibSun vehicles). So i dont think its a problem to give GDI chem suits and Nod Tiberium Infusions for a resistance effect but not immunity. When soldiers are infused with Tiberium in C&C3 they have a greenish glow/smoke surrounding them, you could use this as an example for the visual effects when you have the infusion. 

Edited by Technology-of-Peace

Eh... That would be really powerful. You could get a whole bunch of dozas and other powerful units into the back of a base unseen pretty easily. And then BOOOOM!

The duration would have to be a lot shorter than 3-4 minutes to not be OP like that, I think. Probably 20 seconds or less. But let's keep thinking, I like this topic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

Eh... That would be really powerful. You could get a whole bunch of dozas and other powerful units into the back of a base unseen pretty easily. And then BOOOOM!

The duration would have to be a lot shorter than 3-4 minutes to not be OP like that, I think. Probably 20 seconds or less. But let's keep thinking, I like this topic!

make both very expensive so you only use it when you really need it and not all the time

i have nothing against OP stuff for both sides aslong as its hard to obtain and not seen to often

6 hours ago, Technology-of-Peace said:

make both very expensive so you only use it when you really need it and not all the time

i have nothing against OP stuff for both sides aslong as its hard to obtain and not seen to often

Just making things more expensive isn't a clear solution, It's hard to balance across games as cash flow is not always linear. It would also seem to me that a hugely powerful and massively expensive item would disproportionately favour the winning side, at the very least it would need to have a strong counter.

Sneaky strategic play is often a chance for a losing team to pull themselves back, but if such a massively OP power is only available to a wealthy team that is most likely winning already, then it's just a big ol' squash button.

10 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

3 to 4 minuets is a ball park. I want to give enough time to reach the other base without a vehicle. You can pick up a vehicle but then you would be giving away some of that surprise unless you picked a stealth tank but then that would get expensive. 

25 minutes ago, MajesticSausage said:

Sneaky strategic play is often a chance for a losing team to pull themselves back, but if such a massively OP power is only available to a wealthy team that is most likely winning already, then it's just a big ol' squash button.

I hate to say this but if there is ever a criticism of this game and Command & Conquer mode this would be it. Once a building (or 2) get destroyed and the other team has yet to knock out one for the other side the game is pretty much down hill and done from there.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, MajesticSausage said:

Just making things more expensive isn't a clear solution, It's hard to balance across games as cash flow is not always linear. It would also seem to me that a hugely powerful and massively expensive item would disproportionately favour the winning side, at the very least it would need to have a strong counter.

didnt say to necessarily make it more expensive there could be other ways to obtain the good stuff. Crashsite for example has an abandoned warfactory, you could use this idea for new maps, instead of vehicles maybe you can buy unique items or tools possibly also guns or other weaponry, how about inf weapon upgrades? 

• Like 1