Should we take a moment to appreciate the balance state of the game?

Quinc3y

I really think that right now the game is more balanced than it was at any point in the recent years, both faction wise and infantry & vehicle wise, with no evidently under/over powered units or strategies.

Of course it's not perfect and it's never going to be, but hey, I feel like we should really be happy about what we have right now. :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of balancing, I would say that Nod artillery needs a proper crosshair since they can't actually shoot straight.

Ideally, they should use the ranged crosshair that the grenadiers have so they can actually arc their shots properly. I remember bringing this up ages ago but, I don't know if anything was ever done to make this a thing.

Aside from that though, I think most of the aspects of the game are pretty balanced.

Edited by RadicalEdward2
  • Like 5

@RadicalEdward2 That's a great idea. I remember trying to bring over some old school Renegade players to X, and man, some of them are real dummies, thick headed, don't like to adapt, uncomfortable with change, and one of 'em spouted: "WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T THE ARTILLERY SHOOT STRAIGHT?!" It's a shame a portion of the original Renegade's player base are so stubborn. Like with Interim Apex, back before that douche Shaitan removed it from the server listings, him and other oldbie players were saying "THEY STEALING PLAYERS FROM OUR SERVERS, DERRRR THIS GAME SUX" and I'm like "That's 'cause you keep dying." then they say "DEEEEEUUURRR TANKS OP, TOO MANY TANKS!" I say: "No, that's just you buying a very weak tank charging head first into a heavily entrenched area with much stronger tanks defending. Try a different tactic." and they go  "HURR DURR I PLAY RENEGADE FOR 10 YEARS DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"  and I'm like "It doesn't matter how long you been playing normal Renegade, this is different." and then they try to ban me...

Wow, fucking simpletons. But yah, Renegade X is boss, vehicles are tricky but can be controlled properly - all you gotta do is wait for it to come to a full stop then hit reverse, if you smash between forward and reverse your vehicle will rock back and forth.  I'm enjoying playing every character class and infantry combat is fun even while playing the free classes, and noobjets are no longer prevalent thank GOD! And of course, you guys get 64 player matches happen daily. God bless you. Unfortunately with normal Renegade, the servers got split up too much. Rencorner should merge with MPF and then they should bring back Interim Apex so the 60 or so players spread out amongst all those servers gets reunited. A lot of people liked Interim Apex and for weeks at a time we had 40 plus player matches every day. while the other servers were empty. It was more popular than normal Renegade. It was epic, until a few old school guys who run the server lists got mad. Boooo.

Anyways the only thing I find imbalanced in Renegade X is the Mendoza character with that tiberium gun. That guy just fucken shits all over every other class in tunnel warfare, I mean he's just too good at dominating infantry fights.

• Confused 1

• Totem Arts Staff
16 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Like with Interim Apex, back before that douche Shaitan removed it from the server listings, him and other oldbie players were saying

lol, doesn't seem fair to just blame one person for that.

16 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Anyways the only thing I find imbalanced in Renegade X is the Mendoza character with that tiberium gun. That guy just fucken shits all over every other class in tunnel warfare, I mean he's just too good at dominating infantry fights.

Mobi owns doza in almost every situation in cqc tunnel combat, in my experience anyway. His spread is lower and his DPS is higher or the same.

• Like 1

@Vandal: lol, you're one of those dummies I've alluded to.

@Sarah: Actually it is fair - Shaitan is the one who runs the Renlist program I think, the program that shows the list of playable servers for C&C Renegade. But he's the one who went to Interim Apex's home forum, called www.w3dhub.com and posted his whiny bitchiness. He's the one who threatened IA. lol he basically said thru out the whole ordeal: "HURR DURR THE IA SERVER SAT EMPTY FOR YEARS AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN HE GETS ALL THE PLAYERS? WAAH WAAH NOEZ FUCK THAT I'M SHUTTING YOU DOWN." <---- True story.

@MajesticSuasage: So Mobi & Doza both rape in the tunnel fight department. I've been on the receiving end of Doza a lot, it seems he is the most OP. He does tiberium damage, correct?

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
  • Downvote 1

• Totem Arts Staff
3 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

@Sarah: Actually it is fair - Shaitan is the one who runs the Renlist program, the program that shows the list of playable servers for C&C Renegade. He's the one who went to Interim Apex's home forum, called www.w3dhub.com and posted his whiny bitchiness. lol he basically said thru out the whole ordeal: "HURR DURR HIS SERVER SAT EMPTY FOR YEARS AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN HE GETS ALL THE PLAYERS? WAAH WAAH NOEZ FUCK THAT I'M SHUTTING YOU DOWN." <---- True story.

TBH I kind of agree with the whole thing, like if a new server came on RenX, and it had brand new maps, with completely different vehicles and characters and no trace of RenX what so ever, I would also delist it from the RenX launcher. Then again, ImperialKaskins (UltraAOW) maps are basically the same thing, and I hate those too. Although you have quite a childish way of portraying them, I would end up doing the same thing. It's RenList, not W3DEngineList. Interim Apex isn't Renegade.

• Like 1

Thing is, every single other server is listed. A Path Beyond, ECW, Reborn, etc. It's just IA that they took down. The only thing childish is Shaitan's butthurt. Also there's plenty of Renegade traces, it was fun, that's why everyone was playing it. Normal Renegade was boring to the majority. Again, the player counts speak for themselves. You hate something you're not good at. That's childish.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

• 3 weeks later...

We can all talk about perfect imbalance and asymmetric balance. In compassion they are not supposed to be exact equals. For example I am willing to bet that more players (not bots) are killed by the obelisk than the AGT. Now does that mean that Nod have a better base? No not really. The Hand of nod is much larger than the GDI barracks is more vulnerable to tank and missile fire. So they are different.

In terms of balance I like to say (and this could be completely wrong). 

GDI has the best Basic Infantry (including the 3 characters after barracks is destroyed) and best Advanced Vehicles (vehicles that are unavaible after Wep destreoyd). 

Nod has the best Basic Vehicles (vehicles available without airfield)  and Advanced Infantry (characters only available with the Hand of Nod).

As for base setup Nod has the Obelisk, but GDI has less exposed Buildings. 

Superweapons: Nuke > Ion but A-10 > AC130.

Seems balanced to me although I do see the argument that Nod tends to have more favor

Edited by Marinealver