Question to Totem Arts.

Gaby3142

Hello.

I came here to ask developers some questions. (I´m just curious)😁

1- What was required to creat "Totem Arts"?

2- How you reach until today to make this game?

3- What make you feel that created a such great game has Renegade x?

(I migth have some more question by after) But for now i´m just curious about it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Gliven
6 hours ago, yosh56 said:

What is your native language? We have players from plenty of countries that could probably translate.

Id say Portuguese would be a good guess...

image.png.4a25af217e0042bbd4ee7cd8ad139f9c.png

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, Akbaro said:

The first and third questions are obvious.

No actually. 1 translates into something extremely ambiguous, and 3 doesn't translate well at all. 

I don't remember any Portuguese players off the top of my head. Will look in Discord. 

• Totem Arts Staff

Since no one else seems to actually be answering the questions;

On 2/2/2019 at 3:38 PM, Gaby3142 said:

1- What was required to creat "Totem Arts"?

Totem Arts is not an actual company, or any legal entity. It is just a group of people who are passionate about C&C, RenX and game development. Like-minded people who are willing to volunteer their time for the good of all. It requires good leadership, passionate creators (art, maps, code) and a lot of love for the game.

2- How you reach until today to make this game?

I assume this is supposed to be something along the lines of "how have you continued development this far". While I haven't been around for that long, all I can say is that the only real drive here is passion. There's not much else to get out of RenX besides the feeling of accomplishment and having people express their gratitude. The team has had nearly 100? devs, and has been in WIP for a long time.

3- What make you feel that created a such great game has Renegade x?

Assuming this is something like "why do you think RenX is such a great game". I personally like RenX for a few reasons. First and foremost, it's Command & Conquer, obviously. I like the combat, specifically infantry, even though vehicles are a lot of fun too. Weapon handling, character movement and TTK are the main things I like about infantry combat. I also love the unique environments some maps have, such as Mesa, XMountain and Complex. Working together as a team to destroy the infidels or simply popping heads with a sniper bring joy to me. There's many different roles you can play in RenX, and you can swap at will. It's fluid and dynamic. It has good progression (veterancy/building armor), and vehicle explosions, nukes and ions are very satisfying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 Question- Most Important! Will the animation of the infantry be corrected?
2 Question - will there be new content Tiberium Universe, Red Alert Universe? If so, only the equipment or it will include
3 Question- Will there be new maps?
4 Question - will the possibility of installing mods for the game be simplified?
5 Question - Will the aviation system be reworked?
6 Question- Where are Lootboxes?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, DenWellingston said:

1 Question- Most Important! Will the animation of the infantry be corrected?

Which animation issue? Show picture or video

2 Question - will there be new content Tiberium Universe, Red Alert Universe? If so, only the equipment or it will include

We do not plan to extend into the Red Alert universe

3 Question- Will there be new maps?

We are currently working on some maps, but at this point I would say most new maps are going to be community made

4 Question - will the possibility of installing mods for the game be simplified?

Drag and drop into your files and starting it seems pretty simple for me, but we aren't planning on making an UI or download system for it

5 Question - Will the aviation system be reworked?

No

6 Question- Where are Lootboxes?

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good. Then the following questions:
1-Will there be any additional changes for the classes (for example, the rocket launcher at the ganner can be replaced with an automatic grenade launcher, etc.)?
2-Will the commander's capabilities be expanded? (Ability to send commands through a full level map, adding a new commander's abilities, ability to redirect the harvester to more or less rich deposits of tiberium and at the same time vulnerabilities for the map, ability to apply abilities directly through the level map)
3-Will the procurement terminal be updated
4-When will the Marxman rifle be corrected (Sight and its combat effectiveness)?
5-Maybe enough snipers to destroy aircraft?
6- The same in terms of anti-personnel weapons technology. Will there be improvements in their favor?

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, DenWellingston said:

1-Will there be any additional changes for the classes (for example, the rocket launcher at the ganner can be replaced with an automatic grenade launcher, etc.)?

No

2-Will the commander's capabilities be expanded? (Ability to send commands through a full level map, adding a new commander's abilities, ability to redirect the harvester to more or less rich deposits of tiberium and at the same time vulnerabilities for the map, ability to apply abilities directly through the level map)

Most likely not, maybe a few additions, but we currently don't have any plans for this

3-Will the procurement terminal be updated

Don't think so? You're talking about the PT? What is wrong with it?

4-When will the Marxman rifle be corrected (Sight and its combat effectiveness)?

The sight might need a bit of an upgrade, but the damage and ease of aim is fine, in my eyes

5-Maybe enough snipers to destroy aircraft?

Not sure what you mean

6- The same in terms of anti-personnel weapons technology. Will there be improvements in their favor?

Not sure what you mean

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:09 AM, yosh56 said:

No actually. 1 translates into something extremely ambiguous, and 3 doesn't translate well at all. 

I don't remember any Portuguese players off the top of my head. Will look in Discord. 

Dont use google tradutor. It´s bad

Edited by Gaby3142

Guest once upon the time

@yosh56 I don't know if they are on Discord but i remember some (arround 3) portuguese ppl. They made a short time a own Server.

Google translate depends, sometimes looks like working fine and sometimes uuggghhh :)

but better to use or writting in the own languages and we must use Google😂

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

I disagree. Google translate is how I survived in Japan!

Yes google translate helps but if u want write somthing in portuguese, they  will translante to portuguese (brazil), not portugal.  There aren´t equal.

Still goole translate helps. But still doesnt help how to write in japonese. 

44 minutes ago, SilentKnight said:

@yosh56 I don't know if they are on Discord but i remember some (arround 3) portuguese ppl. They made a short time a own Server.

Google translate depends, sometimes looks like working fine and sometimes uuggghhh :)

but better to use or writting in the own languages and we must use Google😂

Indeed

• 3 months later...

Good day. There have been no questions for a long time - I will ask them again.
1-Will the equipment units of Tiberium Sun be updated and why, after a few updates, did the new models replace them directly with the rough ones from Tiberium Sun Reborn and they still remain?
2-Will the Walls map be updated to make it more tactful and not turn into a tedious "Siege"?
3-Will there be other machines from the Tiberium universe?
4-Why Ork at the same price less efficient Apache helicopter?
5-What updates should we expect in the future?
6-Will there be work on Tiberium Sun X and why?

• Totem Arts Staff

1. Unlikely as no new models have been created and some other more noticeable base-models could use improvement instead.
2. Walls is a pretty balanced map when it comes down to the sheer number of nod vs GDI wins as long as there are more than x amount of players in game (24 I think).
3. Unlikely, unless somebody in the team who can model really wants it to be a crate-vehicle and pretty much does all the work by himself.
4. Orca has received an upgrade in a recent patch and isn't bad at all anymore, apache is just really good against infantry while Orca is good against vehicles.
5. Bug-fixes, game-balance updates, map fixes, and other small updates. There is some big content coming such as the map City being in production.
6. No, Totem Arts will not do any work on any Tiberium Sun content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1