[Mod] FlowerpotGun.zip

HIHIHI

FlowerpotGun.zip

Are you tired of drab environments? Do you long for a glimpse of home? The answer has arrived! A portable flowerpot gun to brighten up any combat zone!

Unzip FlowepotGun.zip to your base RenegadeX directory. This should put the files where they need to go. If not, the *.upk file goes in UDKGame\CookedPC\RenX\Weapons, the *.u file goes in UDKGame\CookedPC, and the example *.bat file goes in the base directory.

When the mutator is loaded, (the example *.bat will load this mutator in Skirmish mode on Field) hit F5 or ~ to bring up the console and type, without the quotes, "mutate FlowerpotGun". This will add one flowerpot gun to your inventory - it will not replace any weapons you already have.

This weapon has a primary fire and a secondary fire - try them both.

Known bugs/issues:

1. Flowerpots don't land perpendicular to surfaces at too steep an angle.

2. Flowerpots don't move with vehicle turret rotation.

3. When aiming near vertical, the weapon has no spread.

NEW AS OF 2019.02.02:

4. Some animations are missing.

5. The flowerpots can inflict damage upon their owner when they explode.

6. No HUD indicators show over units/structures when using the weapon.

7. The weapon is supposed to use two rounds on secondary fire, but it can still be fired with only one round in the magazine. (For reference only; this may not be fixed. This behavior is also present in the standard Flak cannon on secondary fire.)

Thanks to Try-Out, Silent-Knight, limsup, and Reivax for helping me test this and reporting some bugs I was not aware of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: PEACE! THROUGH! FLOWERS!

Many thanks to those who helped me get this working, especially @Sarah..

Edited by HIHIHI
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

For sure! That would be neat! I can look about coding a crate for it and then update the release.

Really this is pretty cool - I never thought this would be on any server, except of course that Try-Out might put it on his.

EDIT: unless implementing the crate would be easier for you if someone from FPI coded it - you just let me know how you want this done and I'll try to work it out.

Edited by HIHIHI

They do not. They DO explode with a little puff of dust after 30 seconds, but they do 0 damage. They're flowerpots! They're not weapons!

Although your mirage mines idea on Discord was neat... I may have to do that. It seems so easy...

@Goku is there anything you need me to do to get the thing in crates? Send source code or something? If I write the cratetype, it may take a while... Although I will do it if you like. Coding practice always helps.

Thanks,

HIHIHI

• Totem Arts Staff
14 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

They do not. They DO explode with a little puff of dust after 30 seconds, but they do 0 damage. They're flowerpots! They're not weapons!

Although your mirage mines idea on Discord was neat... I may have to do that. It seems so easy...

@Goku is there anything you need me to do to get the thing in crates? Send source code or something? If I write the cratetype, it may take a while... Although I will do it if you like. Coding practice always helps.

Thanks,

HIHIHI

But what's the point of adding it if it doesn't do anything

• 1 month later...

So we did a fire test on the digar's rocks and all the different weapons/items that worked and didn't work.

Weapons that did not work (no damage to rocks)

• nuke and ion beacons
  • pretty much any bullet type weapons (Rifle Humvee, buggy, APC)
  • laser chain gun
  • C4 Explosives
  • A-10 warthog (item strike)
  • hellfire (gun emplacement)

Weapons that did work (damages/destroys rocks)

• tank shells and vehicle rockets (light, medium, arty, MRLS, mammoth shells and missiles)
  • Tactical Auto Rifle (GDI-Patch) and Tiberium Auto Rifle (Nod-Mendoza)
  • Volt Rifle
  • Personal Ion Cannon and Railgun
  • swarm missiles (gun emplacement)
  • flame thrower and chemical thrower (and flame tank)
  • A-10 warthog (spawned)

Edited by Marinealver
fixed list mistake
  • Thanks 1

Hm... I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure everything can damage them in the editor. There's one important thing - if you were shooting the black rocks, they wouldn't take damage from anything, I think, because they are only on the client. That is also on the to do list (making rocks spawn only on the server). Thanks for the feedback!

HIHIHI

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

Hm... I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure everything can damage them in the editor. There's one important thing - if you were shooting the black rocks, they wouldn't take damage from anything, I think, because they are only on the client. That is also on the to do list (making rocks spawn only on the server). Thanks for the feedback!

HIHIHI

Well we had rocks turn black when damaged but you could still break them with say tank shells.