Video Memory Error (Run out of Video memory)

sgfrisbee2016

• Totem Arts Staff

The only mitigation method we have for this is to run the game in 64 bit. Make a bat file with this code.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe

Or replace C:\Program Files (x86)\ with your installation directory. You can not use this from the launcher.

17 hours ago, Sarah. said:

The only mitigation method we have for this is to run the game in 64 bit. Make a bat file with this code.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe

Or replace C:\Program Files (x86)\ with your installation directory. You can not use this from the launcher.

... or just make a shortcut to desktop from the win64 exe

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, STANISLAV said:

How to make launcher run 64bit version?

It can't.

2 hours ago, Technology-of-Peace said:

Is there any way to skip the intro video on the 64bit version?

Add -nomoviestartup to it.

20 hours ago, Sarah. said:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe -nomoviestartup

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Go to where your RenX is installed, go to the folder Binaries\Win64\. In there, there's an application called UDK. Right click it, click on Send to, and choose desktop.

image.png.25275b0e4dd3515bf17b875ff82ef5d4.png

There will now be a UDK - Shortcut on your desktop. Right click and go to properties, and add -nomoviestartup to the target textbox.

image.png.eaf2760e264b57476b5c339ef4256070.png

10 minutes ago, Sarah. said:

Go to where your RenX is installed, go to the folder Binaries\Win64\. In there, there's an application called UDK. Right click it, click on Send to, and choose desktop.

image.png.25275b0e4dd3515bf17b875ff82ef5d4.png

There will now be a UDK - Shortcut on your desktop. Right click and go to properties, and add -nomoviestartup to the target textbox.

image.png.eaf2760e264b57476b5c339ef4256070.png

and i already thought im being completely oblivious, this is not working. It says the path is faulty or incorrect or whatever but only after i put that in.

Edited by Technology-of-Peace

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Technology-of-Peace said:

to be exact it says the path is invalid and i have to asure its the right path and name

Make a screenshot of the UDK - shortcut properties please.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Technology-of-Peace said:

if you tell me how i do that

Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.”. On some laptops and other devices, you may need to press the “Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn” or “Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn” keys instead.

The screen will dim for a moment, and you will see the screenshot appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. The screenshot is automatically labeled with a number.

8 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.”. On some laptops and other devices, you may need to press the “Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn” or “Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn” keys instead.

The screen will dim for a moment, and you will see the screenshot appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. The screenshot is automatically labeled with a number.

Screenshot_(3).pngdoes it look like crap on your screen too?

Edited by Technology-of-Peace

• Totem Arts Staff

In my custom launcher I also used -nomoviestartup which should work fine.

I also don't see anything strange on the screenshot, except that I see some meme with some text on the screenshot, that I do not see on mine :o

• 1 month later...